Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #04 DTRW TOUR - Apr 29 2019 - Plaza de Toros de los Cal, Cordoba, Spain #SPOILER  (Read 38605 times)

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
going home!!!
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Finally some slight changes  :lol

hunter

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
The energy of the Spanish crowd is sick!

They're fantastic!  I had tears in my eyes during his farewell speech due to their reaction.

Oh wow, very powerful then. I'm sure we are gonna have tears when our time comes to attend our concerts..... :'(

ps Last post as a 'Romeo'.....Wonder what's next?/

Congrats on 2k Juliet. :thumbsup
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
The energy of the Spanish crowd is sick!

They're fantastic!  I had tears in my eyes during his farewell speech due to their reaction.

Oh wow, very powerful then. I'm sure we are gonna have tears when our time comes to attend our concerts..... :'(

ps Last post as a 'Romeo'.....Wonder what's next?/

Congrats on 2k Juliet. :thumbsup

Haha - got there! I'm a Juliet now :disbelief :disbelief

Offlinecold on the tollgate

• Guitar George
As much I think PTTE is a lovely song, if this indeed Marks last ride he HAS to finish the show with Going Home. Always. Just my opinion

hunter

The brass section is a bit much on Going Home. Creates a big band feel on this one. Lots of energy though. Positive energy.

hunter

As much I think PTTE is a lovely song, if this indeed Marks last ride he HAS to finish the show with Going Home. Always. Just my opinion

Agree. PTTE is too sad.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
The brass section is a bit much on Going Home. Creates a big band feel on this one. Lots of energy though. Positive energy.

Yeah, as much as I love them on the tour they don't improve GH or PttE at all.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Yeah, as much as I love them on the tour they don't improve GH or PttE at all.

Like I said the other night especially with Ptte, please leave the brass out as it makes it too 'Salvation Army'

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Can you believe there's a video up on YT already!  Pretty crappy snippet of Postcards not worth watching though.  But it's there! :o

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Can you believe there's a video up on YT already!  Pretty crappy snippet of Postcards not worth watching though.  But it's there! :o

Blimus! They must of uploaded it whilst at the concert!! probably why its rubbish.....

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
Don't like what Ian does in the intro and outtro of MFN - he gets this 'marching band' thing going. Totally out of place, IMO of course.

I’ve not heard Ianto’s drum intro yet but I do remember how Chad’s drum into in 2001 really evolved and lengthened as the tour progressed. The drum part in the early sections of the tour was a bit basic in comparison to the July 2001 gigs when the intro to mark’s guitar riff often exceeded 5 mins and as a drummer Chad started to really go for it; exactly the energy and approach needed!

So pleased to hear Mark’s form gets better by the day, maybe he was knackered or under the weather in Barcelona, who knows!

There’s a few days off early May here and there. Given Guy has already said both he and Mark were up against it due to Local Hero work maybe some of the other desired songs such as OSAAT might already have been rehearsed but needed more time, so they may get chance to work these up a bit more to being happy to present these to an audience ... time will tell.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 45 queries.