Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #05 DTRW TOUR - Apr 30 2019 - Altice Arena, Lisbon, Portugal #SPOILER#  (Read 44740 times)

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
Don't forget, that for the last 10 years or so Mark also needs to figure out setlist by his vocal abilities. Despite being an outstanding singer on records, he's not as perfect live as he used to be (if you can call that singing :lol).

I'm pretty much convinced that 5:15 am was dropped so early because of the song being too difficult to sing live. So he has to pick songs that's not too hard to play, not too hard to sing, but also remain unpredictable and fresh. An extremely difficult task if you ask me... And One Song At A Time could be another "too much of a song", it seems.

Good point there and would certainly explain why Trapper Man hasn't made the set; can't imagine that sort of enthusiastic vocal live these days.  OSAAT I find easy to sing along to though, but it could just suit my voice.  MFN and Once Upon a Time would both benefit from a bit more oomph, the reason R&J and BIA haven't been so good for years.  In fact the last time his vocal has any energy or enthusiasm was the BIA tour!

You need energy to sing Why ayeee, why ayeeee man !! attempted in Barcelona
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Hey Lis, where's the picture from our short but wonderful meetup? It's the first time I've seen somebody from AMIT IRL, so it's a big deal :lol
Big kudos to Dutchessy for connecting us, it was a true miracle of Facebook magic. And hopefully Lis will say I'm not as rude IRL as online :lol

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Hey Lis, where's the picture from our short but wonderful meetup? It's the first time I've seen somebody from AMIT IRL, so it's a big deal :lol
Big kudos to Dutchessy for connecting us, it was a true miracle of Facebook magic. And hopefully Lis will say I'm not as rude IRL as online :lol

;D :clap

Happy to played a little role through FB in setting up the meeting  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

Put Broken Bones next to this and hear the resemblance, it's practically the same, the intro I'm talking about
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Put Broken Bones next to this and hear the resemblance, it's practically the same, the intro I'm talking about

That's why I was so sure that Nobody does that will be played and that will open the concert.

Practically was the same that broken bones but better.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
It sounds like the opener for a Graeme Blevins and Tom Walsh concert - not an MK concert!   :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
It sounds like the opener for a Graeme Blevins and Tom Walsh concert - not an MK concert!   :-\

True! However I like it very much I do think WAM -> NBD is better :clap
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

True! However I like it very much I do think WAM -> NBD is better :clap

Probably one of those occasions when you have to be there!  ;)   I really like it on the album btw! :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
Nobody Does That sounds good and I understand that this is the first song but Why Aye Man should stay. I recall the tour in 2007 Cannibals and Why Aye Man.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Nobody Does That sounds good and I understand that this is the first song but Why Aye Man should stay. I recall the tour in 2007 Cannibals and Why Aye Man.

Oh man I remember Cannibals and it's the best song to open a concert... Fast, energetic and fun. A great tour it was!

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger

Oh man I remember Cannibals and it's the best song to open a concert... Fast, energetic and fun. A great tour it was!

:thumbsup
Clear as the day

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

:thumbsup

A great tour indeed, with lots of songs heard live for the first time from Ragpicker's Dream - extended Marbletown, HFB, Devil Baby, Daddy's Gone to Knoxville and opening with Cannibals.   It was wonderful for me to be there on the first night in Amsterdam and to have so many surprises!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
Yes. I also have beautiful memories. May 2, 2008.
Clear as the day

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I thought Cannibals as played in 2008 was so slow, dull and lifeless compared to earlier versions.  The worst decision as a starter until BB in 2015.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
I thought Cannibals as played in 2008 was so slow, dull and lifeless compared to earlier versions.

But in Amsterdam the rest of the show was so great (until hearing TR new first half).
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 37 queries.