Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #06 DTRW TOUR - May 03 2019 - Coliseum da Coruña, Coruna, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 47428 times)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
People, you are bad with irony. Everyone except Val  :lol

It was quite clear...when referring to Bonaparte.

I could live with Speedway and two "new" songs instead of Telegraph Road.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 12:38:43 PM by Silvertown »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

I was quite clear...when referring to Bonaparte.

Me too. Actually TR versions to me are very light in comparative with how it used to be. I don't mind if it's drop off permanently. And now. I mean it.

But Bonaparte... Come one.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer

I was quite clear...when referring to Bonaparte.

Me too. Actually TR versions to me are very light in comparative with how it used to be. I don't mind if it's drop off permanently. And now. I mean it.

But Bonaparte... Come one.

I had a typo: I -> It  :)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I'd say Once Upon A Time In The West would make me forgive anything, what an addition and what a refreshing sound...
Every new song thrown in the setlist is like a 2L bottle of cold water for a man wandering alone in the desert for a day :

I had the same feeling when I heard Water of love during the Golden heart tour in 1996, especially the Vaison la romaine version, man, the sound of the Gibson, the bass playing the tempo, everything it was a solid version, I love the new arrangements of Once upon a time in the west.

I wondered how long it would take!  This was the first thing that I thought of when it started in Barcelona!  I thought it was akin to the resurrection of Water of Love with that huge Gibson sound.  The only difference being that I can't stand these later versions of Water of Love.  Nobody mentioned it and I kept forgetting to.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
From Guy's forum:

Q:   Today Mark deleted two songs from the setlist in Coruña to be able to catch plane on time. Is it true? Thanks

Guy:  No, we have a plane, it’s just that there is a strict curfew at that airport. Nothing we could do about it.

It doesn't explain why they started the concert so late!  There was something they could have done - started a bit earlier!  ::)

Why can't they use a different airport or fly the next morning?  Poor management again.  We all know that Lucca and others will have a short set because of the airport they use so why play there or why use that specific airport? 

Did anyone else notice the solo in Speedway was shorter too?  Also NDT seemed to have a new arrangement.  My feed was breaking up but when it was time for Mark's solo he walked over to Richard and it seemed like he had given space for Ricardo to play it.  Unfortunately my feed gave up at that point so I don't know.

I was unhappy about Sultans not being played but understand and forgive, partly due to the great set played in Barcelona.  I was even forgiving the removal of WAM because I think it sounded better without brass.  A concert without Sultans, TR and a shortened Speedway though is just too much.  Not only this but last night the concert felt rushed.  Every song was performed with a feeling of "let's get this one over with so we can get on with the next." 

We'll wait and see over the next couple of shows but last night the fans were short-changed and have my sympathy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Speedway doesn't have the monumental splendour to end a concert like TR does, especially as performed with the shortened solo as per last night.  Mark had to perform a continual wave to signal it was actually the end of the show, something not needed with TR.  If it's too much for him to play then drop Speedway.  Or drop OES and Speedway!  Don't drop TR!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:21:16 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I'd say Once Upon A Time In The West would make me forgive anything, what an addition and what a refreshing sound...
Every new song thrown in the setlist is like a 2L bottle of cold water for a man wandering alone in the desert for a day :

I had the same feeling when I heard Water of love during the Golden heart tour in 1996, especially the Vaison la romaine version, man, the sound of the Gibson, the bass playing the tempo, everything it was a solid version, I love the new arrangements of Once upon a time in the west.

I wondered how long it would take!  This was the first thing that I thought of when it started in Barcelona!  I thought it was akin to the resurrection of Water of Love with that huge Gibson sound.  The only difference being that I can't stand these later versions of Water of Love.  Nobody mentioned it and I kept forgetting to.
Agree that 1996 versions of Water of Love are so-so... but this 1990 slow, haunting version with NHB was just amazing.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
From Guy's forum:

Q:   Today Mark deleted two songs from the setlist in Coruña to be able to catch plane on time. Is it true? Thanks

Guy:  No, we have a plane, it’s just that there is a strict curfew at that airport. Nothing we could do about it.

It doesn't explain why they started the concert so late!  There was something they could have done - started a bit earlier!  ::)

Why can't they use a different airport or fly the next morning?  Poor management again.  We all know that Lucca and others will have a short set because of the airport they use so why play there or why use that specific airport? 

Did anyone else notice the solo in Speedway was shorter too?  Also NDT seemed to have a new arrangement.  My feed was breaking up but when it was time for Mark's solo he walked over to Richard and it seemed like he had given space for Ricardo to play it.  Unfortunately my feed gave up at that point so I don't know.

I was unhappy about Sultans not being played but understand and forgive, partly due to the great set played in Barcelona.  I was even forgiving the removal of WAM because I think it sounded better without brass.  A concert without Sultans, TR and a shortened Speedway though is just too much.  Not only this but last night the concert felt rushed.  Every song was performed with a feeling of "let's get this one over with so we can get on with the next." 

We'll wait and see over the next couple of shows but last night the fans were short-changed and have my sympathy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Speedway doesn't have the monumental splendour to end a concert like TR does, especially as performed with the shortened solo as per last night.  Mark had to perform a continual wave to signal it was actually the end of the show, something not needed with TR.  If it's too much for him to play then drop Speedway.  Or drop OES and Speedway!  Don't drop TR!

Totally agree. If they drop TR permanently and other important ones I'll lose excitement for my upcoming concert, will of course attend anyway but you'd still expect some of these songs to feature.

We were probably all surprised with TR removed yesterday.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Telegraph will definitely come back. I dream about Drover's Road from the new album.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Telegraph will definitely come back. I dream about Drover's Road from the new album.

So do I!   Drovers' would be wonderful!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

Drovers road, don't suck me in, One song, Trapper...
There are some really good ones rather than bacon, nobody.... But these 4 will probably never be played to our disappointment...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
The setlist is written on stone. There is nothing to dream about. MK needs a safe set to end his last tour.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
The setlist is written on stone. There is nothing to dream about. MK needs a safe set to end his last tour.

Yes. But starting to drop things out is a joke. We paid some good amount of money for this one :)

Fine if it's a stone standard setlist but stick to it to be Fair to all fans in different venues and don't play 18 songs here, 15 there, 14 in another place etc....

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
absolutely I agree with you, but maybe some little change will do IMO

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I'm sure there will be new songs.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Yes. But starting to drop things out is a joke. We paid some good amount of money for this one :)

Fine if it's a stone standard setlist but stick to it to be Fair to all fans in different venues and don't play 18 songs here, 15 there, 14 in another place etc....

I agree with you about the varying number of songs in different venues.  In 2013 I went to five concerts, the last one being Carcassonne.   This was the concert with the least number of songs - 14 and it was one of the best concerts I have attended.  Having said that, though, it had a very special TR which made up for the lack of songs, which I didn't notice, because the concert and the atmosphere was so good!   So I really hope MK will put TR back into the set list with some others from the new album which I would love to hear played.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 35 queries.