Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye  (Read 29731 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2019, 08:09:27 AM »
For me MK was/is a total journey. I discovered so much music through him. Making movies to rb and Springsteen, LH and Cal Lead me to folk, MK with infidels to Dylan, Land of dreams to Randy Newman, Gaucho Steely Dan, MFN to sting, Joan Armatrading, throw in Van Morrison, Squeeze, Jeff Healy (Wow nearly forgot that I got turned on to him through MK!), Clapton (From seeing him at Mandela Day concert with DS, later on the now sadly retired Kate Walsh, Chet of course, Loads of country music, Buddy Guy, and the most recent one Tommy Emmanuelle, god there's too many to mention. Whatever the future holds for Mark in music I owe him a huge thankyou for introducing me to all of the above and probably many more I've missed off the list....

100% agree! :clap

Again as as my slogan below reads "Mark Knopfler - Not just a hobby but a way of life" I can fully appreciate all you have said. MK has opened a whole Kaleidoscope of various artists who I now listen to and perhaps had I not have followed 'the master' might well have not!
I agree and in fact we all owe MK a huge thanks (I was lucky enough to tell him so to his face) for all he has done and all he is going to do....... :wave

Can't help feeling that there will be more of MK Live - just not on such a huge scale......
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2019, 10:32:19 AM »
I agree with this:  MK Live - just not on such a huge scale......

I also think it is a great opportunity for us fans to get more albums with a shorter time between releases, maybe more double albums. I always remember his comment in the Henrik Hansen short film, "There are so many song that I'll never get around to recording" this would increase the chances of more songs being recorded.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

hunter

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
May be a relief for him as well, that he doesn't have to follow up an album with the obligatory support tour.

I know I'm in a minority, but I'm glad I didn't go to see him this time. I know clips don't do it justice, but to me he has increasingly become a recording artist more than a live performer. Yes, I'd love to have heard Once Upon a Time live, but most of the other tunes I've heard before. Just because they are jazzed up / brassed up isn't enough for me.

OnlineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
as for MK you are right.
But the Band is just outstanding as well.
I go out for 2 points, See my old idol and enjoy the best live music as possible.
Both we delivered. OK Mark is not the Guitarist anymore. Since 2011 it went down enormously . But is is still my Idol.
When you don't know the set it was a really pleasent surprise to hear all the tracks.
It could be more boring the more shows you attend. Maybe. Depends...

I really liked WAM, Sailing was superb, MFN was coo to be back.
OK-the middle part was a bit slow with all those non-highlight songs - but overall you could see only smiling faces and satisfied People.
Love will find a Way

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »
as for MK you are right.
But the Band is just outstanding as well.
I go out for 2 points, See my old idol and enjoy the best live music as possible.
Both we delivered. OK Mark is not the Guitarist anymore. Since 2011 it went down enormously . But is is still my Idol.
When you don't know the set it was a really pleasent surprise to hear all the tracks.
It could be more boring the more shows you attend. Maybe. Depends...

I really liked WAM, Sailing was superb, MFN was coo to be back.
OK-the middle part was a bit slow with all those non-highlight songs - but overall you could see only smiling faces and satisfied People.

Agree with this.  I think for any fan it was important to see him this time around more than anything.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »
He'll be around still. And I think potential future MK shows could be more interesting because they're likely to be on a smaller scale and different. I really feel he has exhausted the current format.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 41 queries.