Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #21 DTRW TOUR - May 26 2019 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 14990 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: #21 DTRW TOUR - May 26 2019 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK #SPOILER#
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 09:27:46 PM »
WAM
CBC
STP

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 09:31:37 PM »
MK fans are everywhere :)

Thanks cannibals:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 09:33:15 PM »
WAM
CBC
STP
OUATITW
R&J
MBR
MM
DWB
HFOH
YLT
Paraguay
OES
Speedway
MFN
Piper
GH
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 11:03:58 PM by cannibals »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 10:33:21 PM »
No Silvertown tonight either  :thumbsdown

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 10:56:52 PM »
Reading on whats app group that there is no running to the the bulls thanks to security. :thumbsdown

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 11:04:25 PM »
Same setlist as Dublin

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 11:38:04 PM »
Thanks for posting Cannibals!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 12:04:43 AM »
Thanks for posting Cannibals!

Always  :thumbsup

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2019, 01:27:31 AM »
Reading on whats app group that there is no running to the the bulls thanks to security. :thumbsdown

Correct.  Mark made a comment early in the show about the security being strange watching the audience but they remained in place throughout the show.

It didn't spoil what was an excellent concert tonight though.  Mark was in top form - really attacking the guitar and turning back the years.  It looked quite effortless for him tonight.  Even his vocal was quite aggressive at moments tonight.  I like when he performs like this! 

Tonight was quite emotional for me because my first show was next door at the old venue, the SECC, back in 1991 and tonight I decided to wear my OES badge (sentimental fool that I am).  Of course he only went and played OES tonight, the first time I have heard it live since 1991.  I feel it completes a circle for me if this is to be the last one.  I don't mind telling you all that I shed a tear after Piper but damn those security for not allowing us down to the front.

I did manage to spot Dusty on my way out and went over for an all too brief chat before rushing for my train.  Great to see him again and hopefully not for the last time.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 01:32:21 AM »

Correct.  Mark made a comment early in the show about the security being strange watching the audience but they remained in place throughout the show.

It didn't spoil what was an excellent concert tonight though.  Mark was in top form - really attacking the guitar and turning back the years.  It looked quite effortless for him tonight.  Even his vocal was quite aggressive at moments tonight.  I like when he performs like this! 

Tonight was quite emotional for me because my first show was next door at the old venue, the SECC, back in 1991 and tonight I decided to wear my OES badge (sentimental fool that I am).  Of course he only went and played OES tonight, the first time I have heard it live since 1991.  I feel it completes a circle for me if this is to be the last one.  I don't mind telling you all that I shed a tear after Piper but damn those security for not allowing us down to the front.

I did manage to spot Dusty on my way out and went over for an all too brief chat before rushing for my train.  Great to see him again and hopefully not for the last time.

Glad you enjoyed the show. Was he seating when he played My bacon roll or not ?
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineElhandro

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 08:10:17 AM »
Sitting on Bacon Roll, yes.
I thought the guitarsound was more powerfull on Speedway tonight. Not covered by the trumpet like some of the other nights I attended. It looked and sounded like they had a good and fun night at work

Glad you enjoyed the show. Was he seating when he played My bacon roll or not ?

OfflineNick14

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »
Wonderful show, my favourite of those I have seen down the years. Very emotional. Mark and the band in stellar form. Will write up a long account if I get time!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 09:54:16 AM »
DMG, I'm under the impression, after listening to the MK speech at the RAH, that he has no intention of stop playing live, but to stop doing big international tours...

Probably he will choose to do maybe a month or less in cities where he can stablish a base for a whole week and be comfortable. Like doing two weeks in the UK and Ireland doing base in London at this own home, and then some European big cities where he can base in one city to fly from and back.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 10:03:26 AM »
Wonderful show, my favourite of those I have seen down the years. Very emotional. Mark and the band in stellar form. Will write up a long account if I get time!

Which song did you like the most?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 11:03:52 AM »
DMG, I'm under the impression, after listening to the MK speech at the RAH, that he has no intention of stop playing live, but to stop doing big international tours...

Probably he will choose to do maybe a month or less in cities where he can stablish a base for a whole week and be comfortable. Like doing two weeks in the UK and Ireland doing base in London at this own home, and then some European big cities where he can base in one city to fly from and back.

That's the impression he's been giving lately, isn't it?  I don't know if he thought the "hello Glasgow, but it's also goodbye Glasgow" was too downbeat for shows hence the change, but it does sound more promising.  One thing is of note and that is Guy has said it will be the last and his diary entries hint strongly at that too.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 39 queries.