Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on Sirius XM  (Read 111178 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Mark on Sirius XM
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2020, 02:41:21 PM »
British Grove Broadcast 23

https://we.tl/t-oSnfgGIUSE

Perry Como - Catch a falling star
Tim Hardin - Black sheep boy
Alan Pasqua -Wichita lineman
Sierra Ferrell – Washington by the Sea
Blake Mills - Gold coast sinkin'
Lisa Hannigan - Snow
Hurray For The Riff Raff - Blue ridge mountain
Stevie Wonder - You and I (We Can Conquer the World)
Christy Moore - Black is the colour
Valerie June - Somebody to love
Punch brothers - It'll happen

Great, thank you! Looks like Mark decided to punch those, who loves Spotify, becasue this time 2 tracks are not on Spotify! It happend only twice before and here twice more in a single episode. So far just 4 tracks are missing from the playlist and it's good for me, don't know about you.

A great jazzy start, then Mark did something I can't understand — playing songs from the albums he played before, as if we haven't listened to the whole album already. Come on, Mark :lol

It's like he ran out of ideas, lol. Facebook MK account says that yesterday chapter was penultimate episode, so, just once left, at least from season one. No idea if there would be a season two, but, I rather have him recording new songs instead!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2020, 04:28:45 PM »
I can’t believe that 24 shows will be the end of things. Considering Mark stated in a couple of those, that he has tons more to share, that’s certainly not too much to share. I think yes, they would take a break and then resume with episodes, that’s how I see it anyway. And remember that each episode is just 5-7 minutes of Mark talking on average, so it’s not too hard to do for him.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2020, 07:07:05 PM »
Well, in 24 episodes he had repeated many artists and sometimes of the same record, so I won't bet there would be more. If he had really so much music, there is no need to repeat artists so many times...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2020, 09:02:20 PM »
Well, in 24 episodes he had repeated many artists and sometimes of the same record, so I won't bet there would be more. If he had really so much music, there is no need to repeat artists so many times...

I have a collection of about 3,000 songs, of which I would play on the radio show, if I had one, about 500. Mark, at 71, I think has like 30,000 songs on his jukebox, he lives for so long and he is in the business for so long that I think he can go on with this show forever. The fact that he played so many repeat apperances and similar folk pieces is just because he really likes it...

Hovewer, when I was putting my own playlist I thought I would not pick several tracks from one album, if that album is not a freaking masterpiece. Because that would be boring for me, let alone for the listener. But Mark is the boss, no complaints here.

For now it seems like 24th is going to be the last episode, which upsets the hell out of me. I hope this is really like one of these shows that says "Here's the final episode" and later go out saying "Hey, welcome to the second season". But honestly, the show is so underrated and ignored by fans, that it might as well come to an end. So many people I know who either don't care about Broadcast at all or don't know about it. So I wouldn't be surprised.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2020, 09:03:39 PM »
Don`t be so strict with him! It`s fine with me when Mark feels like playing another song of an album he loves.
Mostly there is more than one great song on an album and it`s hard to just pick one. This time he again picked a lot of brilliant songs.
I really hope that it wont take too long until he will return with this radio show.
Honestly, he can play a whole album for me and I would enjoy it.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2020, 09:12:05 PM »
Don`t be so strict with him! It`s fine with me when Mark feels like playing another song of an album he loves.
Mostly there is more than one great song on an album and it`s hard to just pick one. This time he again picked a lot of brilliant songs.
I really hope that it wont take too long until he will return with this radio show.
Honestly, he can play a whole album for me and I would enjoy it.  ;)

Yeah, but he has like just 10 spots for the episode, the real estate price is very high there :lol

Repeat apperances, to me, is like a wasted space, but Mark of course thinks about people who may not heard previous episodes and is trying to bring his favourite artist to the table again and again, I can perfectly understand that.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »
"But honestly, the show is so underrated and ignored by fans, that it might as well come to an end. So many people I know who either don't care about Broadcast at all or don't know about it. So I wouldn't be surprised"

Exactly. And I don't understand why. If someone doesn't like music, I understand. But the way Mark tells the story of rock n roll. It recalls the history of DS. Recordings with friends is fascinating and very important to me.
Thanks to these programs, I know more about MK. And I want more!
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2020, 11:50:28 PM »
"But honestly, the show is so underrated and ignored by fans, that it might as well come to an end. So many people I know who either don't care about Broadcast at all or don't know about it. So I wouldn't be surprised"

Exactly. And I don't understand why. If someone doesn't like music, I understand. But the way Mark tells the story of rock n roll. It recalls the history of DS. Recordings with friends is fascinating and very important to me.
Thanks to these programs, I know more about MK. And I want more!

Because Mark underestimates how underestimated he really is. In my circle people know about MK just because I'm in it. If not that, nobody would care... In the grand scheme of things, obviously, Mark's show is interesting to die-hards basically. And there's not so many die-hards. We tend think there are many die-hards, but statistically speaking it's nothing. So naturally, not a lot of people tunes into Mark's programme.

Me, hovewer, I'm interested in new music, I'm just hungry for it, so the programme really speaks to me. I'm drunk right now so bear with me :lol

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #578 on: September 25, 2020, 12:42:59 AM »
I completely agree with you.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2020, 08:21:07 AM »
For now it seems like 24th is going to be the last episode, which upsets the hell out of me. I hope this is really like one of these shows that says "Here's the final episode" and later go out saying "Hey, welcome to the second season". But honestly, the show is so underrated and ignored by fans, that it might as well come to an end. So many people I know who either don't care about Broadcast at all or don't know about it. So I wouldn't be surprised.

The show is underrated and ignored by fans because the biggest percertage of MK fans are located in Europe, and this show is being broadcasted in a North American paid radio channel... Many fans don't know a thing about the existence of this show, and the ones that know about it, most of them can't listen to it because it's being broadcasted in a kind of martian weird radio that they can't listen, and a very little amount of fans had the luck to belong here, and thanks to Binone who does his magic, can listen to the show...

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #580 on: September 25, 2020, 09:20:46 AM »
I absolutely agreed with you. That's exactly how it is and nothing else. Just remember his very successful last tour. He still is the man and the magic is still there. The fans still love him. It's a shame the radio show is not available here in Europe. And yes, we are lucky ones here on AMIT to be able to listen to the show, thanks to binone!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #581 on: September 25, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »
From Guy's forum:

Q: Hello Doc. MK social media mentioned that yesterday “British Grove Broadcast” episode was penultimate one.. Do you know, if MK mentioned you in any conversation, if there will be a second season, or this is it? It´s been a great musical travel this radio programmes!

A: That’s it as far as I am aware.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #582 on: September 25, 2020, 12:28:48 PM »
From Guy's forum:

Q: Hello Doc. MK social media mentioned that yesterday “British Grove Broadcast” episode was penultimate one.. Do you know, if MK mentioned you in any conversation, if there will be a second season, or this is it? It´s been a great musical travel this radio programmes!

A: That’s it as far as I am aware.

LOL is all that I can say :lol

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #583 on: September 25, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »

The show is underrated and ignored by fans because the biggest percertage of MK fans are located in Europe, and this show is being broadcasted in a North American paid radio channel... Many fans don't know a thing about the existence of this show, and the ones that know about it, most of them can't listen to it because it's being broadcasted in a kind of martian weird radio that they can't listen, and a very little amount of fans had the luck to belong here, and thanks to Binone who does his magic, can listen to the show...

Yes, that was quite a bizarre journey, I can't remember consuming so much of a pirated content since my school days. So, I guess, if that's it, I should expand Spotify playlist with ALL the songs Mark mentioned, and that's a lot. This will be something of an interesting playlist at least. I thought it's going to have hundreds and hundreds of titles, and not like just 250.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2020, 08:56:40 PM »
This news ist VERY disappointing for me.  :'(

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 39 queries.