Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Great North Run with Going Home on Sunday  (Read 10032 times)

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: Great North Run with Going Home on Sunday
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2020, 05:32:24 PM »
Thank you :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2020, 06:05:06 PM »
I tried to buy but it's probably impossible :(
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:07:25 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OnlineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2020, 07:23:46 PM »
I tried to buy but it's probably impossible :(

It’s still on iTunes: https://music.apple.com/gb/album/going-home-theme-of-the-local-hero-live-2014-single/1445178681

The performance is actually a recording from the Privateering tour in 2013, though I don’t know which specific show it’s from.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2020, 08:31:11 PM »
Thank youuuuu :)
Clear as the day

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2020, 10:23:14 PM »
I love the candies he scatters around when he storms the wires
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:30:23 PM by Stanko »
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2020, 10:57:47 PM »
Exactly. The only slight blemish I could hear was at approximately 2.03 where mark plays a tiny bum note, hardly noticeable.  Other than that it was spot on.

I think you can tell that there is some physical struggle in his playing, but its perfectly understandable and in fact to me enhances rather than diminishes the emotional impact of the music.

I didn't say he made any mistakes, but there is indeed a physical struggle, and I'm curious why that is. Is it lack of practice, or is it age taking its toll? At any rate - to me - I don't think this was noteworthy version. Others disagree, and that's OK.

You're a musician - you didn't register the tuning issues either? I hear it particularly during the first, quiet part. Like the guitar is a tad sharp.

I think what you're hearing is the intonation of the guitar itself. The amount of pressure applied to a string can also subtly alter the note. Definitely no major tuning issues to my ears, just the sight of the aging fighter standing bereft.....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »
Loved the performance, very personal...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »

And here is the complete video on you tube  :wave
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:02:01 PM by KnopfleRick »
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 11:20:53 AM »
Thankyou :wave :clap :clap :clap

hunter

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2020, 12:22:50 PM »
Exactly. The only slight blemish I could hear was at approximately 2.03 where mark plays a tiny bum note, hardly noticeable.  Other than that it was spot on.

I think you can tell that there is some physical struggle in his playing, but its perfectly understandable and in fact to me enhances rather than diminishes the emotional impact of the music.

I didn't say he made any mistakes, but there is indeed a physical struggle, and I'm curious why that is. Is it lack of practice, or is it age taking its toll? At any rate - to me - I don't think this was noteworthy version. Others disagree, and that's OK.

You're a musician - you didn't register the tuning issues either? I hear it particularly during the first, quiet part. Like the guitar is a tad sharp.

I think what you're hearing is the intonation of the guitar itself. The amount of pressure applied to a string can also subtly alter the note. Definitely no major tuning issues to my ears, just the sight of the aging fighter standing bereft.....

Yes, it sounds like an intonation issue.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »

Gibson Les Paul guitar is notorious for its various and constant issues. When I hear all these great musicians dealing with this guitar perfectly I always think they should be happy because they always have a guitar tech around to deal with this guitar. When I had a Les Paul, it was a nightmare. Tuning instability, always lubricating the nut and the saddle, harder restringing procedures, the guitar itself is unbalanced and heavy. I mean Les Paul guitar is like a giant mansion or a really beautiful woman — cool to have, but you have to deal with unexpected problems and also, for a house analogy, owe a multimillion property tax to the government lol.

That was why Mark said in his video unveiling his signature Les Paul, that it "works out of the box". Yeah, because for this thing working out of the box you need to spend 15,000 dollars, no less :lol

OfflineRolo

• Camerado
  • i tend to be, sometimes, acid
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »

Gibson Les Paul guitar is notorious for its various and constant issues. When I hear all these great musicians dealing with this guitar perfectly I always think they should be happy because they always have a guitar tech around to deal with this guitar. When I had a Les Paul, it was a nightmare. Tuning instability, always lubricating the nut and the saddle, harder restringing procedures, the guitar itself is unbalanced and heavy. I mean Les Paul guitar is like a giant mansion or a really beautiful woman — cool to have, but you have to deal with unexpected problems and also, for a house analogy, owe a multimillion property tax to the government lol.

That was why Mark said in his video unveiling his signature Les Paul, that it "works out of the box". Yeah, because for this thing working out of the box you need to spend 15,000 dollars, no less :lol

Guy:
Nice once, Mark.
But we going to try it again. Your guitar seems a bit out of tune

Mark:

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2020, 08:21:08 PM »

[/quote]

I think you may have a point here. But my fake Les Paul stays in tune perfectly, but is still quite heavy. Lovin' the tone though.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.