Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Richard Bennett Interview  (Read 8778 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Richard Bennett Interview
« on: November 13, 2020, 07:19:26 PM »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Richard Bennett Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:34:32 PM »
man, more than 3 hours, anything interesting ?
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »
man, more than 3 hours, anything interesting ?

Considering that the first time I ever heard Richard speaking longer that a couple of sentences in a middle of documentary, everything is interesting, yes.

I listened through the first hour and that's simply amazing!

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna watch it completely next week. Very curious what he has to say, how does their 25+ years relationship work? Skipping through it I heard Rudiger was the first song he rehearsed with MK.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna watch it completely next week. Very curious what he has to say, how does their 25+ years relationship work? Skipping through it I heard Rudiger was the first song he rehearsed with MK.

Yes, he said he came up with the acoustic guitar line in the Rüdiger and that's easily one of the best things about the whole song. You don't need to be a superman to guess that he's a cool guy, but turns out he's a super cool guy.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 09:46:38 AM »
I have started listening to this interview and I must say that Richard comes across as a really lovely guy.  I have now reached the part in the interview from around 40 mins to 55mins, which is about Richard's relationship with Mark and they do seem to get on very well together.  Great interview, but very long, so need a break now and then!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 09:49:22 AM »
I have started listening to this interview and I must say that Richard comes across as a really lovely guy.  I have now reached the part in the interview from around 40 mins to 55mins, which is about Richard's relationship with Mark and they do seem to get on very well together.  Great interview, but very long, so need a break now and then!   ;)

I love the fact that Richard played with a million of people and yet still lists MK as number one influence. That MK guy must’ve done something right it seems.

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 03:54:08 PM »
It's a very interesting interview, Richard talks about everything from his first mexican guitar, his love for jazz, charlie parker and jhonny smith, his work with Neil Diamond and obviously the one he did with MK, 26 years at now.
Recently we talked about Mark's way of treating people, but in this interview I hear a Richard very grateful for all the good he has had from the fruit of this collaboration.
The people he talks about are Chuck Ainlay, Paul Kennerley, Glenn, Guy, and he puts Mark at the top of the list of people he's worked with.
Sure that Mark intends to record a new album, he said it clearly, covid permitting, but as you could imagine he is not sure of a new tour ... we'll see  :thumbsup
Thanks Rich.  :clap

hunter

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 07:58:25 PM »
Very nice interview. I did skip a little; after all it was 3.5 hours :) Interesting to hear his descriptions of Mark, both as a musician/bandleader and person.

Offlineboriszhukov

• Camerado
  • We need the headband back!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
Lots of great stories in this interview.
How Rich was worried on the first tour to talking about probably recording a new MK album soon.  Play it in double speed if 3.5 hrs is too long :-)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
I remember when I became an MK fan back in 2005, of course eventually I would get to know about Richard’s recent album at the time, and it was amazing. Still holds up so well and bring so many memories! I used to listen to my CD player on the way to school listening to this album.

He’s right that instrumentals are so hard to do, so hard to make it interesting. And he did — by carefully constructing the solos. And this golden tone man... From another planet.

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2020, 11:52:16 AM »
Lots of great stories in this interview.
How Rich was worried on the first tour t

Yes this part was very interesting and also that working with MK was very important turning point for him. (out of the blue) It seems that he is a very thoughtful and humble person. A nice man!
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »
Richard became quite emotional at times when he talked about Mark, even close to tears.    It is obvious he has a great respect for MK in many ways, not only in music. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2020, 01:03:05 PM »
I remember when I became an MK fan back in 2005, of course eventually I would get to know about Richard’s recent album at the time, and it was amazing. Still holds up so well and bring so many memories! I used to listen to my CD player on the way to school listening to this album.

He’s right that instrumentals are so hard to do, so hard to make it interesting. And he did — by carefully constructing the solos. And this golden tone man... From another planet.

My only gripe about his albums is that they are very similar in sound and feel. Code Red is a bit different because it's more jazzy. But, he does his thing, and fans of that style get top quality. His guitar tone is sublime, though.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2020, 08:12:56 PM »
It was a surprise for me to know that a studio veteran with 50+ years of playing never plugs in his guitar at home. I never did as well, I always play unplugged at home.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:15:07 PM by quizzaciously »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 41 queries.