Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Legends Series: Rare Reproductions & Recordings  (Read 11750 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
Re: The Legends Series: Rare Reproductions & Recordings
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »
This toy guitar really is a joke. So bad, so bad! What I just want is an album full of live recordings of Mark's solo career. This will help to get all of us through these difficult times. Is this so hard to understand? So bad, so bad!
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 07:11:26 AM »
This toy guitar really is a joke. So bad, so bad! What I just want is an album full of live recordings of Mark's solo career. This will help to get all of us through these difficult times. Is this so hard to understand? So bad, so bad!

Agree. Have zero interest in this deal  :lol

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 09:47:23 AM »
What really worries me about this is who exactly does MKs management think their average fan is?

In the UK there used to be a myth surrounding Dire Straits fans that they were all rich Yuppie city types with money to burn. Is this who MK and management think their average fan is?

I for one could never envisage spending this kind of money on something that basically has zero real intrinsic value.

Yours truly, a very sad fan.....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 10:01:03 AM »
What really worries me about this is who exactly does MKs management think their average fan is?

In the UK there used to be a myth surrounding Dire Straits fans that they were all rich Yuppie city types with money to burn. Is this who MK and management think their average fan is?

I for one could never envisage spending this kind of money on something that basically has zero real intrinsic value.

Yours truly, a very sad fan.....

I don't think there is some kind of master plan involved, pretty sure this was some random agreement between this toy manufacturer, and they wanted to promote tour recordings and so decided to make this 500 items limited edition thing.

I honestly also can't imagine who would buy that for 4.5 Benjamins, though, you can do so much better with this money. You can buy 3 or 4 used Squier Mini Strat guitars for that money which is a playable and a great instrument. Sheesh...

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 11:00:53 AM »
What MK should do is this...

We all know his story about the strong urge for his first electric guitar. I bet there are thousands of kids today that feel that same urge for their first electric guitar, but many of them may not have wealthy parents. If he teamed up with Epiphone or Squire to create an affordable first MK type of guitar (yes I would think that pretty much zero kids know of MK today unless they have quite the wise parents).

That story and product would be sold for 330 GBP in a heartbeat. Plus he is able to secure his legacy (= more GBPs to the estate) for another one or two generations to come. Also, throw in a small percentage of the proceeds to the Star Foundation (or what's it called).

That's how you sell and market in 2020.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
The best way to show how pointless this is will be to not buy it, but then even at this price, anyone with the money would think twice, looking at exactly what you are getting!!
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 11:20:55 AM »
Does that mean you can also buy again shows from the past tours which aren’t currently available anymore?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 12:59:01 PM »
330 GBP!

This is more outrageous than the price of the Gibson MK Sig LP.

At least they were an investment, they have gone up in value.

This is a toy, complete joke.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
330 GBP!

This is more outrageous than the price of the Gibson MK Sig LP.

At least they were an investment, they have gone up in value.

This is a toy, complete joke.

Precisely!  :thumbsup
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

hunter

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2020, 07:49:55 PM »
It looks like it comes straight out of Joe Bonamassa's webstore. JB's got a huge selection of merchandise, and a lot of it looks like the cheap garbage you'd find for sale on beaches in Turkey. It's pretty sad actually.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2020, 01:48:15 PM »
I agree with everything said. How about sending an email to MK.com or PCM and tell them what we feel. They should listen to constructive criticism. I don't know if they will..., but we can try? If we don't say something, they will continue to think things like this is a great idea  ::)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2020, 04:29:03 PM »
I agree with everything said. How about sending an email to MK.com or PCM and tell them what we feel. They should listen to constructive criticism. I don't know if they will..., but we can try? If we don't say something, they will continue to think things like this is a great idea  ::)

People will buy virtually anything they would come up with, as long as it has fancy candy and seemingly MK-related. To be honest with you, I'm not a fan of almost all MK memorabilia, I never got this whole lithograph idea, I generally don't want someone's face hanging on my wall like faces of celebrities in kid's bedroom. I remember iPhone cases were hilarious, MK is just not too good with all this stuff. Last tour I bought a keyring, the only decent item in the whole shop, and carry it every day. Looks cool.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »

People will buy virtually anything they would come up with, as long as it has fancy candy and seemingly MK-related. To be honest with you, I'm not a fan of almost all MK memorabilia, I never got this whole lithograph idea, I generally don't want someone's face hanging on my wall like faces of celebrities in kid's bedroom. I remember iPhone cases were hilarious, MK is just not too good with all this stuff. Last tour I bought a keyring, the only decent item in the whole shop, and carry it every day. Looks cool.

People will buy virtually anything only if the price is right or close to right

In this case the price is absurd and they won't sell the 500 units at all imo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 06:18:02 PM »

The site has a "contact" section to send them an email, so, feel free...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 40 queries.