Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Legends Series: Rare Reproductions & Recordings  (Read 11760 times)

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
Re: The Legends Series: Rare Reproductions & Recordings
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »
I agree with you quizzaciously, I don't want to put his face up on the wall, or on a t-shirt for that matter. The painting, and then to use it as a phone case, was... I didn't buy it. What I really like are hoodies (preferrably with zip) and t-shirts with nice, clean layout. No tacky wings or motorcyles...Again, look at the new Springsteen merch, it is so nice. I also have the LesPaul silver pendant, and still use it. 

Have already sent a mail to PCM, and they replied within a few hours. We can't expect anything to happen if we don't try  :)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »
I miss the baseball cap. I remember Shangri-La tour. The cap was great :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:31:56 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 08:16:20 PM »
I agree with you quizzaciously, I don't want to put his face up on the wall, or on a t-shirt for that matter. The painting, and then to use it as a phone case, was... I didn't buy it. What I really like are hoodies (preferrably with zip) and t-shirts with nice, clean layout. No tacky wings or motorcyles...Again, look at the new Springsteen merch, it is so nice. I also have the LesPaul silver pendant, and still use it. 

Have already sent a mail to PCM, and they replied within a few hours. We can't expect anything to happen if we don't try  :)

To be fair, and knowing how much Mark cares about humility, I don't think that he seriously consider memorabilia at all. I would cringe like crazy to see a mug or a poster with my name (not a concert one though). I know he would even sign these lithographs in bulk, but I don't think he thinks about it any second. People want 'something', so he asks the management to give them 'something'. These things certainly is not a priority, as we can see by the glorious products they offer.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »

What they replied?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

What they replied?

"Shut up and just pre-order one" :lol

Offlinemorfsta

• Guitar George
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »
Isn't the track listing 95% identical to one put together by a forum member - "2019 Compilation - I Should Retire Tour", including the "oe oe's!"?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 09:41:28 PM »
According to comments on Mark's social media, people loved it and already ordered a bunch. So something's wrong with AMIT, not with MK :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 09:49:14 PM »
Isn't the track listing 95% identical to one put together by a forum member - "2019 Compilation - I Should Retire Tour", including the "oe oe's!"?

It's obvious they liked my compilations!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 09:54:24 PM »
According to comments on Mark's social media, people loved it and already ordered a bunch. So something's wrong with AMIT, not with MK :lol

I'm always amazed by the people commenting on MK's Facebook page. There's no limit for lunacy that's for sure.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2020, 12:54:19 AM »

really ? I actually see a lot of complaints
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2020, 08:23:01 AM »

They saw the price? :lol

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2020, 09:29:19 AM »
I follow the official Mk facebook page, the MK news page and MK fans worldwide -page, and the vast majority of the comments are negative. Only a few says things like "nice, but the prize..". This is the clearest "this is too expensive!" I have read from facebook fans.

The reply from PCM was "This is not a toy, it is handmade, it is a collecors item, we don't expect it to be for everyone" and so on. I didn't expect anything else. But, they replied. I said my opinion, they read it, and replied  :)  I appreciate that it is possible to communicate with them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:43:16 AM by Elin N »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2020, 12:32:10 PM »
Nice reply, it's surely not something from everyone, but they should start thinking about doing something for everyone...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2020, 12:33:09 PM »

They saw the price? :lol

Some people like those kinds of items... And if they can afford it, why not?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2020, 12:43:03 PM »
To be honest, I find this whole business of signature gutiars and stuff a bit strange. Yes, I'd love an affordable Squier with MK specs, but we'll never get it.

Why an artist would want a signature instrument? If the goal is to inspire people to play guitar, then an affordable version would be of great help. I never understood why someone, if he's an accomplished player, would want to buy an expensive professional instrument built with someone else's specs in mind, it doesn't make any sense. If anything, the player who can justify buying a professional instrument might as well make a signature guitar for himself. Hell, even myself, I have a guitar that I'd make my signature instrument — Squier Mini Strat, I'm just obsessed with the little thing, I love it so much and take it everywhere.

And now, oh my god, we have a signature toy replica of a signature guitar, it blows my mind on so many levels. But whatever, people will buy it anyway as jbaent said.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.