Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT - members meet up in 2023 thoughts  (Read 7630 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
AMIT - members meet up in 2023 thoughts
« on: June 26, 2021, 01:27:14 AM »
As we ease out of the Covid Pandemic (slowly) and thoughts/discussions of late have focused on the fact that MK may never tour again. I am wondering what the general consensus would be on holding an AMIT meet-up/convention somewhere?

My thoughts would be to hold them at a central location where 'everyone' has a chance of attending. How great it would be to get a date in the diary and have a focus where we all may meet up again.

Perhaps the venue could be more of a function room(s) as opposed to a boozer! that way we could hold an 'AMIT Convention' where we have DS/MK music being played, refreshments laid on, exchange/sell MK items, have MK memorabilia on show etc
I'm probably getting carried away but I would just like to float the idea and to get chatting amongst ourselves..... :wave :wave
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 08:22:06 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: AMIT - members meet up/convention thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 01:36:57 PM »
As we ease out of the Covid Pandemic (slowly) and thoughts/discussions of late have focused on the fact that MK may never tour again. I am wondering what the general consensus would be on holding an AMIT meet-up/convention somewhere?

My thoughts would be to hold them at a central location where 'everyone' has a chance of attending. How great it would be to get a date in the diary and have a focus where we all may meet up again.

Perhaps the venue could be more of a function room(s) as opposed to a boozer! that way we could hold an 'AMIT Convention' where we have DS/MK music being played, refreshments laid on, exchange/sell MK items, have MK memorabilia on show etc
I'm probably getting carried away but I would just like to float the idea and to get chatting amongst ourselves..... :wave :wave

Sounds excellent!    How about inviting Mark and Guy (Mr Val's idea)?    Wouldn't it be wonderful and we could just talk and chat - they don't even have to play anything!    ;D 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:24:24 PM »

Sounds excellent!    How about inviting Mark and Guy (Mr Val's idea)?    Wouldn't it be wonderful and we could just talk and chat - they don't even have to play anything!    ;D

These guys don't even do meet and greet anymore :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 03:52:26 PM »
The Farrer House garden.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 11:25:09 PM »
The Farrer House garden.

Yes, indeed - especially as it is only a stones throw away from where I live,  although I should think it will be very pricey to hire!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

https://westcoastdevelopments.com/project/farrer-estate-east-stoke-wareham-dorset-bh20-6at/

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 11:30:15 PM »

Pretty sure Guy would be up for it, even Robbie Mcintosh too if asked...

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 05:29:58 AM »
Wonderful idea, Knopflerfan!  I would love to have an AMIT meetup! 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 03:09:30 PM »
The Farrer House garden.

Great idea! :) Yesterday was the anniversary of the first concert.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »

Pretty sure Guy would be up for it, even Robbie Mcintosh too if asked...

Get Blues Club to come and do an hour. I’ll bring some chocolate biscuits.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 05:45:07 PM »
The Farrer House garden.

Yes, indeed - especially as it is only a stones throw away from where I live,  although I should think it will be very pricey to hire!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

https://westcoastdevelopments.com/project/farrer-estate-east-stoke-wareham-dorset-bh20-6at/

I think maybe Jbaent means Farrer House in London where DS performed their first gig, or am I missing something?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:10 AM »
The Farrer House garden.

I think maybe Jbaent means Farrer House in London where DS performed their first gig, or am I missing something?

yes, you are right DMG

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »
The Farrer House garden.

yes, you are right DMG

Oh dear, oh dear🙄🙄🙄

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
We can ask how much they charge for the Studio 1 at British Grove. As long as we don't need any sound engineer or instruments, just the studio, and catering, maybe we can afford that!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm joking, please don't take offense.

I think it is a brilliant idea and something very nice to do, once this pandemic nightmare ends. Bringing the Bluesclub to play is also a genius idea, maybe one cover band would be great too. And for those who play instruments... maybe jamming ourselves?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:59:00 AM by jbaent »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 12:09:46 PM »
During the last tour, I talked with my usual gang that, once the MK touring is really over, we should do one trip per year around something MK related... we have ideas for places like the Spanish City in Whitley Bay, Robin Hood Bay and attend a Steve Phillips gig, going to Pennan and do some Local Hero related trips... lots of ideas.

We did one travel some years to the New Forest and visiting John's pub (and sleeping there) and that was so great that looked a good idea to keep doing that travels in the future.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2021, 12:43:38 PM »
During the last tour, I talked with my usual gang that, once the MK touring is really over, we should do one trip per year around something MK related... we have ideas for places like the Spanish City in Whitley Bay, Robin Hood Bay and attend a Steve Phillips gig, going to Pennan and do some Local Hero related trips... lots of ideas.

We did one travel some years to the New Forest and visiting John's pub (and sleeping there) and that was so great that looked a good idea to keep doing that travels in the future.

Whitely Bay would be lovely to visit.  The weather was so miserable when I was there before I didn't even get out of the car! 

A gang of people walking around a place like Pennan might get a few weird looks!

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.