Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Daily Mail 'DS Legacy' - 3rd August 2021  (Read 22345 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Daily Mail 'DS Legacy' - 3rd August 2021
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2021, 01:05:37 AM »
I don’t know about Argentina but when they came to Brazil they were referred as Dire Straits with a new lineup. It was all over the press. They even gave TV interviews introducing Marco as ‘the new DS singer’. I’m sure there are still lots of people out there who truly believe that have been to a Dire Straits concert.

wow that's disgusting
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2021, 09:53:34 AM »
I found it hard to believe that there are still people that think that DS still exist after more than 25 years MK and JI disbanded the band….. :think

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2021, 10:18:41 AM »
I found it hard to believe that there are still people that think that DS still exist after more than 25 years MK and JI disbanded the band….. :think

There are a lot of people who doesn't know much about the band, so if they are said this is the new DS with new singer they would believe it.

The DS Legacy people are not good coping with jokes. They are asking if Marco is the new singer of DS and they answer yes making fun of it but nobody understands the joke. They clearly state in his site they are not DS and they promote themselves as not being DS but the closest thing you can get. They should make clear in interviews that fact and stop joking about it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2021, 10:34:40 AM »
Marco is a terrible singer, just awful.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
Marco is a terrible singer, just awful.
If for touring the world in front of thousand people, I agree. If he'd played in small pubs that would have been a different story. He plays guitars greatly though. This, and the fact that some of their members and promoters pretended that they WERE Dire Straits have been their major mistakes.

Usually, I have no problem with cover bands. I've seen some (Beatles, Queen...), they were "anonymous" musicians who didn't pretend to be what they were not, playing great, paying tribute to the real thing and having fun doing it in front of happy (nostalgic) audiences.

Are Legacy still touring btw, pandemic apart?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 11:11:38 AM by NicoMK »

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »
https://dslegacy.com/shows/

Quoted as 'The closest your gonna get' - no thanks ta!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2021, 12:45:20 PM »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2021, 12:54:01 PM »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2021, 01:12:41 PM »

Seems they're playing cruise ships now.  lol

'Twistin by the pool' perhaps!!!

:smack

I've a picture in my head of the band on the Titanic that kept playing on as the ship sank.  Maybe there's a metaphor in there somewhere.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2021, 01:45:37 PM »
I've just seen that Jack Sonni has played with them as well. We have to admit one thing: there's quite a bunch of ex-DS member that have joined this band at some point, and not to mention John Illsley too...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »

Seems they're playing cruise ships now.  lol

'Twistin by the pool' perhaps!!!

:smack

I've a picture in my head of the band on the Titanic that kept playing on as the ship sank.  Maybe there's a metaphor in there somewhere.

:'(

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »
I've just seen that Jack Sonni has played with them as well. We have to admit one thing: there's quite a bunch of ex-DS member that have joined this band at some point, and not to mention John Illsley too...

100% agree, the personnel have been there but they are nothing without 'The Master' steering the helm....

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2021, 02:09:48 PM »

100% agree, the personnel have been there but they are nothing without 'The Master' steering the helm....
Nothing is a bit harsh because they can play well. DS just doesn't exist without the songs, the voice and the guitar of MK, period. We've said it before but the whole issue is that they pretended being the real deal (and some of those guys still do apparently). From that perspective, I can understand that MK is kinda upset about it. He may have talked about it with John or Danny behind the scene because these three are friends.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2021, 02:17:46 PM »

Nothing is a bit harsh because they can play well. DS just doesn't exist without the songs, the voice and the guitar of MK, period. We've said it before but the whole issue is that they pretended being the real deal (and some of those guys still do apparently). From that perspective, I can understand that MK is kinda upset about it. He may have talked about it with John or Danny behind the scene because these three are friends.

Again they are nothing without MK which is what you are saying too...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 37 queries.