Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 4  (Read 3831 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 4
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 02:16:57 PM »
And so it's almost time and Tracker looks like being 'thrown' out as it has a lead of 7 votes....

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
If Tracker goes that'll be all his BG recorded albums out.  All those he took an absolute age to record choosing mics and drinking tea over.  Interesting.  :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 03:03:48 PM »
If Tracker goes that'll be all his BG recorded albums out.  All those he took an absolute age to record choosing mics and drinking tea over.  Interesting.  :think

It doesn't matter so long as he was enjoying himself!   British Grove is his mancave which every man should have and just because they were booted off this particular poll doesn't mean they were bad albums - quite the contrary!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 03:18:10 PM »

I think Get Lucky was recorded at BG. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »
Sad to see Tracker go... Not my favourite album, but it is one I go back to quite often. Long Cool Girl and Basil are great tracks for me, not to mention the crime that was having My Heart Has Never Changed or Terminal Of Tribute as "bonus" songs. A disgrace of a choice

hunter

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
I wasn't sure whether to vote Tracker or Get Lucky. I loved GL when it came out, especially because of Border Reiver, which was such an upbeat song after the rather sombre KTGC. But my tastes have changed, and Tracker is a bit more interesting than GL. Plus Remembrance Day and Monteleone irrititate me to no end. So, GL out for me.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »
Sad to see Tracker go... Not my favourite album, but it is one I go back to quite often. Long Cool Girl and Basil are great tracks for me, not to mention the crime that was having My Heart Has Never Changed or Terminal Of Tribute as "bonus" songs. A disgrace of a choice

They are both on the deluxe album, along with .38 Special and Heart of Oak, therefore I don't regard them as "bonus" songs.  Does it really matter so long as they follow on from each other?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 03:31:50 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2021, 05:55:08 PM »

They are both on the deluxe album, along with .38 Special and Heart of Oak, therefore I don't regard them as "bonus" songs.  Does it really matter so long as they follow on from each other?
It matters because when an artist makes a selection of songs to go into an album, it is because those songs are considered the best. When you leave certain songs as "bonus" or "deluxe" it is implied that they were not good enough to fit in the normal version. Another reason is that they don't reach the majority of the public, as people normally only buy the regular version of the album. I can surely tell you of a few people who listened to Tracker and didn't even know Terminal existed until I told them.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2021, 07:44:20 PM »

It matters because when an artist makes a selection of songs to go into an album, it is because those songs are considered the best. When you leave certain songs as "bonus" or "deluxe" it is implied that they were not good enough to fit in the normal version. Another reason is that they don't reach the majority of the public, as people normally only buy the regular version of the album. I can surely tell you of a few people who listened to Tracker and didn't even know Terminal existed until I told them.

Yes, yes and, yes. But I guess, that's better than some older B-sides that are so obscure that even some MK fans don't know about them, and some of them are extremely good. I hate this single, bonus, B-side BS.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2021, 07:56:21 PM »

OK, I take your point.  I buy the deluxe versions because I want to have the most I can get of MK and, to be honest, most of the "bonus" songs are just as good, if not better than the standard ones anyway.   :)   Then there are the other "extra" songs, Hot Dog, Oklahoma Ponies and Time Will End All Sorrow - I like them all!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2021, 08:21:14 AM »
With Tracker now given the 'boot' it's time for round 5..... Dusty?!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2021, 08:30:17 AM »

Indeed superval, GL was recorded at BG....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2021, 08:32:12 AM »

Or in this case the Bonus tracks were far too good to go on the 'regular' album!!!!

In fact, especially thinking with regards the 'deluxe edition Box set 'bonus' disc it is in fact a lovely 6 track EP!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:35:51 AM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2021, 02:42:36 PM »

yes Val you are right.
the first album fully recorded at BG was KTGC

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2021, 05:46:50 PM »

yes Val you are right.
the first album fully recorded at BG was KTGC

As per reply #26.....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 39 queries.