Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72187 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2022, 11:59:34 AM »
Guy already stated that producing lp records is delayed a lot and that would affect the release...

The problem of delayed vinyl production is now known for well over a year and could have been considered long ago when planning the album release. That's not a real reason.

So, if you don't believe Guy giving a reason for this delay, you might know the real reason for the delay. Share it with us, please. Enlight us.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2022, 12:08:40 PM »
Unbelievable. awful news. A 5-year hiatus after DTRW. 5 years is a very long time for someone Mark's age. We know that there were many songs that he did record and not release in his long career. I wish they would at least sell these songs online.

These two years of pandemic had contributed to slow things more... Maybe without this, the hiatus would had been 3 years or 2 only.

Of course the pandemic slowed things down considerably.
Of course MK had to look after his health and his familiy.
Of course there were and are contact restrictions etc. affecting recording schedules.
But then you prioritize what you are doing and what is important to you!
Instead of wasting time on the silly DION contribution etc. etc.

You should check one MK song, titled "Slow Learner" and you will learn a lot about his priorities.

I think you are confusing his priorities with yours.

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2022, 12:09:28 PM »
Please, let's not fight  :wave It just seems odd, they are top pro people who knows all they need to, but still it takes "forever" to finish this album.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #243 on: February 16, 2022, 12:23:45 PM »
Unbelievable. awful news. A 5-year hiatus after DTRW. 5 years is a very long time for someone Mark's age. We know that there were many songs that he did record and not release in his long career. I wish they would at least sell these songs online.

These two years of pandemic had contributed to slow things more... Maybe without this, the hiatus would had been 3 years or 2 only.

Of course there were and are contact restrictions etc. affecting recording schedules.

You should check one MK song, titled "Slow Learner" and you will learn a lot about his priorities.

Thank you for your kind notice.

We all want to have anything new from MK as soon as possible, but that's our wish. MK has his own rythm, he does things slowly, with no hurry, looks like it really doesn't matter his age for him, he keeps doing his things on his own, taking his time.

Also he doesn't mind to stop what he's doing for a day or two to colaborate with other artists that ask him to play in a song, or if any interesting project comes, he goes for it, like the Teenage Cancer Trust, or like the Local Hero musical, and he pause his own project, and delay it with no problem, because it doesn't matter to him, there is no difference between release his next record this year, or next, why should he? he does things as he likes, slow, with no hurry.

There is a lot we don't know, for example, the Local Hero musical in London and the recording/release of the cd of it is still waiting. The new representations in London would have some differences, according to Guy, from what we saw in Edinburgh, and that was stopped with the pandemic, so as soon as everyone would be ready, they would continue with it, so maybe is planned to work on it during the rest of 2022, maybe from May to December, with working on the new things, recording and the new representations, maybe that's the reason why he doesn't mind about delays in cd and vinyl pressing plants, as he already have things on his agenda we don't know.

Or maybe he has other projects we don't know waiting, so he doesn't mind about the pressing plants delays...

What is crystal clear is that he doesn't mind about us, and that we are so much looking forward for his next record.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2022, 04:20:22 PM »

Thank you for your kind notice.

We all want to have anything new from MK as soon as possible, but that's our wish. MK has his own rythm, he does things slowly, with no hurry, looks like it really doesn't matter his age for him, he keeps doing his things on his own, taking his time.

Also he doesn't mind to stop what he's doing for a day or two to colaborate with other artists that ask him to play in a song, or if any interesting project comes, he goes for it, like the Teenage Cancer Trust, or like the Local Hero musical, and he pause his own project, and delay it with no problem, because it doesn't matter to him, there is no difference between release his next record this year, or next, why should he? he does things as he likes, slow, with no hurry.

There is a lot we don't know, for example, the Local Hero musical in London and the recording/release of the cd of it is still waiting. The new representations in London would have some differences, according to Guy, from what we saw in Edinburgh, and that was stopped with the pandemic, so as soon as everyone would be ready, they would continue with it, so maybe is planned to work on it during the rest of 2022, maybe from May to December, with working on the new things, recording and the new representations, maybe that's the reason why he doesn't mind about delays in cd and vinyl pressing plants, as he already have things on his agenda we don't know.

Or maybe he has other projects we don't know waiting, so he doesn't mind about the pressing plants delays...

What is crystal clear is that he doesn't mind about us, and that we are so much looking forward for his next record.

It's all true. And Slow Learner says more about MK than we think
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2022, 04:29:22 PM »
Longest gap in the solo years  :(
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2022, 04:47:00 PM »
Exactly :(
Clear as the day

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #247 on: February 16, 2022, 07:47:34 PM »
from MK Instagram, new album 2023
so long....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2022, 08:01:18 PM »
Longest gap in the solo years  :(

Interesting. The gap between Brothers In Arms and On Every Street was 6 years, and it was after false Dire Straits break up, then between On Every Street and Golden Heart the gap was 5 years and it was after the true break up. You may think big gaps means big changes, but I think this time we only have the pandemic to blame. Without it, the album would be already out, or out this year at least, I'm sure.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2022, 08:16:31 PM »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #250 on: February 16, 2022, 09:16:07 PM »
But the official website of MK does not say 2023.

GF:

I have no idea but realistically, it will be 2023.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:43:23 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2022, 12:43:59 AM »
But the official website of MK does not say 2023.

GF:

I have no idea but realistically, it will be 2023.

Lol how they can't get one date to settle on? Content managers had to pull this info from somewhere, right? But I'm okay with it, with a year in waiting I'll hopefully push my Songbook project to 100 songs.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2022, 10:23:06 AM »
Yes, it's a long gap betwen DTRW and 2023 but we should "discount" two years in that gap because of all the difficulties of the pandemic, for more than a year they were not able to work normally, just MK and Guy, so they were delayed not by their fault, also because of flight and travel restrictions, they were not able to gather the band in the studio, so that delay is also not his fault.

Guy says they are having a four weeks band sessions, that means that probably at the beguining of March they will have the recordings finished with the band, then they will have to start comping, overdubbing and mixing, and that can take probably march and spring, as when they are doing that, maybe they notice some songs need something extra and have to call musicians to add this or that, my guess is that on May they should have it ready, and then they have to send the recordings to Portland, for mastering, and when they have it back, listen to it and decide if it's ok (they returned that mastering to Portland with DTRW as they didn't like it), that means maybe June/July they have the master ready to send to the pressings factories, that we know are very busy, not only that, but also they don't release MK records at any random date, they look for good dates to release, commercially speaking, so maybe they lost the September slot and probably the December one, maybe they have to wait until March 2023. These are the dates when usually most of the big records are released, why? I don't know, I know many records get released at any times, so that's a mistery to me.

And not only this, but also I suspect that they have other projects we don't know, well, we know one, the Local Hero musical in London and the recording of the cd of it. They were about to start the recordings when the pandemic arrived and everything had to shut down, so they need to record and have it finished on time to sell it on London theaters while it's represented in any theater. We don't know yet if this will happen this summer or autumm, or next year, but I'm sure is something they have in their agenda.

These are just my guess, I strongly recommend you to ask Guy for more information, as any of you tend not to believe this kind of explanations, that are the logic I learnt from all that Guy has been telling us for years. So please, ask him and get first hand explanations.

By the way, the thread should be changed to NEW FOR 2023.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2022, 01:45:23 PM »
I know all this, but I'm still angry. Thank you jbaent for accuracy and precision.
Clear as the day

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2022, 01:55:22 PM »
I know all this, but I'm still angry. Thank you jbaent for accuracy and precision.

Me too, well, not angry, but dissapointed, still had hopes that the record could be out this autumm or winter, but we waited really a long time, so, it's only a little more!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 37 queries.