Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72156 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #420 on: July 12, 2022, 08:31:37 PM »
We expect to much perhaps? What if he will just do some interviews with the new album and then stay off radar untill the next one is finished.  :think

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #421 on: July 12, 2022, 09:09:47 PM »
We expect to much perhaps? What if he will just do some interviews with the new album and then stay off radar untill the next one is finished.  :think

I think we ALWAYS expect too much from Mark :lol Yes, I hope for more non-tour activities from MK, that can include a plethora of things. He can earn money not only by going on tour again. Putting more effort into albums, for instance.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of shows anyway, I'm happy with the 3 MK shows I attended. I think, honestly, Mark toured too much in his life, maybe he just loves to be away from his family and write alone, who knows.

I never understood that pull towards giant tours, especially when it's so inconsistent with 10 shows in one country and 1 in other. Man, at least cover more of the world in your world tour since it's so big anyway.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #422 on: July 12, 2022, 09:18:14 PM »
Mark repeatedly said in various interviews that he loves concerts.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #423 on: July 12, 2022, 09:40:04 PM »

Without doubt.

The emotion on Mark's face in Barcelona said it all.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #424 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:13 PM »
I think in every city, but I have to search for Barcelona.
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #425 on: July 12, 2022, 09:48:03 PM »

Without doubt.

I think there are a few people on Earth who would not get emotional when so many people in so many places cheer for you and pay 100-500 dollars to see you.

I meant that he spent so much time touring, that he doesn't need to prove anything at this point. What would drastically change if the Wherever tour was 25 shows instead of 80? Mark would have more time, he would be more fresh and healthy. Tickets might be more expensive, but I think if any decent ticket starts at $100, any increase in price would be negligible.

I'll never ever understand this long tour thing. Especially from a man who said that "DS was too big" and always brags about many shows in his tours and how "young musicians today would never tour with 80 shows". Yeah, right, but everybody pays to play, Mark included!

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #426 on: July 12, 2022, 10:14:22 PM »
I think what makes/made him play more than just 25 shows besides enjoying playing live is that he knows deep within himself how much it means for so many to experience him live. He touches people with his music and this is even more intense when seeing him perfom live.
Thank God he did it so many times for so many years in so many places for so many people.
I've seen people weeping with joy at almost every show I went.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #427 on: July 12, 2022, 10:50:01 PM »
I think what makes/made him play more than just 25 shows besides enjoying playing live is that he knows deep within himself how much it means for so many to experience him live. He touches people with his music and this is even more intense when seeing him perfom live.
Thank God he did it so many times for so many years in so many places for so many people.

Now this is a great post!
Totally agree with you

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #428 on: July 12, 2022, 11:03:32 PM »

Without doubt.

I think there are a few people on Earth who would not get emotional when so many people in so many places cheer for you and pay 100-500 dollars to see you.

I meant that he spent so much time touring, that he doesn't need to prove anything at this point. What would drastically change if the Wherever tour was 25 shows instead of 80? Mark would have more time, he would be more fresh and healthy. Tickets might be more expensive, but I think if any decent ticket starts at $100, any increase in price would be negligible.

I'll never ever understand this long tour thing. Especially from a man who said that "DS was too big" and always brags about many shows in his tours and how "young musicians today would never tour with 80 shows". Yeah, right, but everybody pays to play, Mark included!
It's very easy to understand: because musicians love playing live, and it's a way to get a lot of income. That's why almost every big band/artist does it.
If I were a professional musician at my peak I would do 1-year long tours, no problem.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #429 on: July 12, 2022, 11:20:21 PM »

Totally agree with you

Beautiful words.
Exactly. Me too
Clear as the day

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #430 on: July 13, 2022, 07:31:34 AM »

Totally agree with you

Beautiful words.
Exactly. Me too

I agree!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #431 on: July 13, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »
He even wrote a song about how much he loves touring. I think he liked leading the whole travelling circus, crew and all.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #432 on: July 13, 2022, 12:03:16 PM »
He even wrote a song about how much he loves touring. I think he liked leading the whole travelling circus, crew and all.

I understand your excitement guys, though I'm an ultra-realist, and touring is also a way to make money. It would be great if Mark's shows were more varied, especially given the quality of musicians who can play virtually anything on their instruments.

The last 2 or 3 tours were like Groundhog Day, where you can't even tell what's different, including shirts and all, jokes, countries visited, etc. The setlist problem will continue to be one of the worst Knopflergates in history.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #433 on: July 13, 2022, 01:08:04 PM »

Rollin' on?
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #434 on: July 13, 2022, 01:27:59 PM »

Rollin' on?

More like Privateering.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.