Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72155 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #450 on: July 28, 2022, 07:38:10 AM »
"new" song released on the streaming platforms. remember back in the day, that got cancelled last minute from DTRW?
well it is now available as a single with don't suck me in and sky and water..
https://open.spotify.com/album/3Xg91n7GBrQnv1zXNzR3vB?si=RiTQmR7TQDG7kFpWiw3i7Q
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #451 on: July 28, 2022, 08:41:53 AM »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #452 on: July 28, 2022, 10:33:17 AM »
Paul Simon has always been one of my favourite guitar players.

Very underrated because he doesn't play flashy solos on electric.

MK could still do a full show of these type of songs I would say, it's the widdly bits that are problematic...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #453 on: July 28, 2022, 11:08:28 AM »

MK could still do a full show of these type of songs I would say, it's the widdly bits that are problematic...

I remember at Edinburgh Playhouse in 2005 MK playing some songs seated and they were really beautiful, especially "Back To Tupelo".   I enjoyed the seated part of the DTRW show in 2019 too.    I would love him to do a full show with similar types of songs.

I'm sure the twiddly bits could be problematic too by the time he reaches 80!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #454 on: July 28, 2022, 11:11:49 AM »

I remember at Edinburgh Playhouse in 2005 MK playing some songs seated and they were really beautiful, especially "Back To Tupelo".   I enjoyed the seated part of the DTRW show in 2019 too.    I would love him to do a full show with similar types of songs.

I'm sure the twiddly bits could be problematic too by the time he reaches 80!   ;D

I remember at Boothbay there was some kind of delay with the other musicians and MK was ready to do a full solo show. That would have been great. We've seen little bits and pieces over the years, Marbletown, Secondary Waltz, Sailing to Philadelphia. I'd love to see a full show like that.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #455 on: July 28, 2022, 12:37:40 PM »

I remember at Boothbay there was some kind of delay with the other musicians and MK was ready to do a full solo show. That would have been great. We've seen little bits and pieces over the years, Marbletown, Secondary Waltz, Sailing to Philadelphia. I'd love to see a full show like that.

Oh, that would be nice if MK would pull the trigger on a solo show. I don't know why he's so insecure about it since every time he performs something solo he absolutely kills it! Sonny Liston on acoustic guitar is a masterpiece, Privateering from the album's press kit was great, and little bits in Tracker interview.

I guess he feels better by shielding himself by using as many good musicians as possible. But it's a real pity we have so little of MK solo stuff.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #456 on: July 28, 2022, 12:47:00 PM »
Even MK with GF as a safety net...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #457 on: July 28, 2022, 12:53:56 PM »
I actually think Mark has been worse at playing the slower solos lately.  R&J electric solo was shocking in 2019.  He seemed to concentrate really hard on it, shortened it and still manage to mess it up the majority of the time.  I think heeds solos that aren't fast but that have enough pace so that his fingers are kept moving.  Then again I don't think he should do another show at all and the 2019 ones are a painful watch/listen.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #458 on: July 28, 2022, 01:43:41 PM »
I loved all of the 2019 shows i attended..

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #459 on: July 28, 2022, 01:48:59 PM »
Me too :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #460 on: July 28, 2022, 01:56:00 PM »
I actually think Mark has been worse at playing the slower solos lately.  R&J electric solo was shocking in 2019.  He seemed to concentrate really hard on it, shortened it and still manage to mess it up the majority of the time.  I think heeds solos that aren't fast but that have enough pace so that his fingers are kept moving.  Then again I don't think he should do another show at all and the 2019 ones are a painful watch/listen.

I enjoyed all of the shows I attended.  R&J was great at Leeds and Verona. :)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2022, 02:01:35 PM »

But DMG is talking about his playing condition, not about enjoying the show. I also enjoyed the show I attended, though I can see through my rose-colored glasses and get worried about MK's condition. Playing guitar in front of the public seems to really put a lot of stress on him these days, hopefully, he's gained more confidence in playing since 2019. But his voice has also seen better days... Anyway, it's easy to be hard on aging MK, let's just hope he's better.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2022, 02:09:36 PM »
Ofcourse he is ageing, but it was far from a painfull watch/listen..  At least for me

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2022, 02:11:02 PM »

But DMG is talking about his playing condition, not about enjoying the show. I also enjoyed the show I attended, though I can see through my rose-colored glasses and get worried about MK's condition. Playing guitar in front of the public seems to really put a lot of stress on him these days, hopefully, he's gained more confidence in playing since 2019. But his voice has also seen better days... Anyway, it's easy to be hard on aging MK, let's just hope he's better.

Whatever his playing condition, I still enjoy listening to the shows I attended and that's all that matters to me and it's certainly not painful to listen to them.   Some other performances would obviously vary from show to show.   
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:13:59 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #464 on: July 28, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »
Extactly!
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.