Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72223 times)

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #465 on: July 28, 2022, 03:22:08 PM »
Once upon a time at the O2 in London was sublime and I still regularly listen to it.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2022, 03:30:45 PM »
Some weeks ago I played one of the 2019 recordings and realized it was a great show, but leaded most of the time from his band. I had the impression of being listening to an unnamed band who had with them MK singing and playing guitar occasionally... Most of the times are his musicians the ones that carry the song from start to finish, with Mk popping in and out. I had the impression that in some songs, you could take out MK and it would had sounded prett similar.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2022, 08:55:18 PM »
Who cares about mistakes when you're lucky enough to be in the same room as the man creating the soundtrack to your life and giving you peace of mind by listening to his great music. Not me! I have always felt blessed to be part of this amazing community that appreciates and worships his wonderful work.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2022, 09:08:13 PM »
Beautiful words KnopfleRick. I fully agree.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2022, 09:51:32 PM »
Who cares about mistakes when you're lucky enough to be in the same room as the man creating the soundtrack to your life and giving you peace of mind by listening to his great music. Not me! I have always felt blessed to be part of this amazing community that appreciates and worships his wonderful work.
This is true. It's always a pleasure to see him live. But that doesn't mean we should ignore that he can't play at the level he accostumed us to. I have suggested that he should do an acoustic concert, something like 15 songs (follow the ribbon, long cool girl, stp, dwb, hfof, r&j, and others...) so he doesn't have to play demanding stuff. It would be lovely

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2022, 12:29:44 AM »
I don't regret any 2019 show I attended but I can't listen any live show at home.

And I don't get with this "acoustic set wish". The worst part of the gig were the acoustic playing. Acoustic guitar is more demanding.
So give him a Les Paul and an overdrive instead.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2022, 12:36:11 AM »
I don't regret any 2019 show I attended but I can't listen any live show at home.

And I don't get with this "acoustic set wish". The worst part of the gig were the acoustic playing. Acoustic guitar is more demanding.
distort the mistakes

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2022, 01:18:00 AM »

I completely disagree. The acoustic part is where he feels more comfortable, you can see it in his face. I don't remember Mark making any mistake or feeling uncomfortable while playing any of the acoustic pieces (with the exception of forgetting the lyrics to HFoH once or twice). I thought they were all brilliantly played! The electric tunes, on the other hand, not really.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #473 on: July 29, 2022, 08:49:48 AM »

Paul Simon, 80, with decent playing and singing. Not how he used to, of course, but damn! Can you imagine MK at 80 doing solo guitar stuff?
Thank you for this. Great to see PS again. Always loved his music and live shows...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #474 on: July 29, 2022, 02:12:27 PM »

distort the mistakes

Yes. Mark goes to punk rock music
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

hunter

« Reply #475 on: July 29, 2022, 02:49:23 PM »

Paul Simon, 80, with decent playing and singing. Not how he used to, of course, but damn! Can you imagine MK at 80 doing solo guitar stuff?

This was amazing. Paul Simon is very underrated as a guitar player, I think. There's a solo piece on the album So Beautiful or So What that is just incredible. His voice is still great after all these years (pun intended). Mark, though, isn't blessed with a beautiful voice (you know what I mean) and mumbles a lot, so I don't think a solo perfomance like this would work that well. I'm really curious how the new album will sound, though.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #476 on: July 29, 2022, 04:19:17 PM »

Mark, though, isn't blessed with a beautiful voice (you know what I mean) and mumbles a lot, so I don't think a solo perfomance like this would work that well. I'm really curious how the new album will sound, though.

"River of Grog" sounded pretty OK to me, also the solo version of "Marbletown".    I still love MK's voice too, btw.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #477 on: July 29, 2022, 04:48:50 PM »
I've always liked the timbre of MK's voice. He always matched me with his music and lyrics.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 05:08:08 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #478 on: July 29, 2022, 09:44:41 PM »
I've always liked the timbre of MK's voice. He always matched me with his music and lyrics.

Totally agree with you, Robson! :clap
Mark's voice is so unique and sounds so natural. I can't think of anyone other than him singing his great songs. His voice got even better with age and that is very rare.
I hope one day he will release an album with just him and his guitar(s) (acoustic and electric).
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2022, 10:01:16 PM »
I'm glad:) I have the same feelings  :thumbsup
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 39 queries.