Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72140 times)

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #525 on: August 19, 2022, 06:58:48 PM »
No, he's very determinated with that.

But I know that when the time approach those around him will try to convince him to present the record live, but forget about touring.

Thanks, I just had some hope for news this August/September.
But better to know that there won't be a tour announcement.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #526 on: August 19, 2022, 07:19:33 PM »
No, he's very determinated with that.

But I know that when the time approach those around him will try to convince him to present the record live, but forget about touring.

Thanks, I just had some hope for news this August/September.
But better to know that there won't be a tour announcement.

At this point, I only have hopes for some gigs maybe in the UK, maybe in London, sort of MK and friends gigs, when the record comes out, but I dream he kind of feel like doing some travels and play selected venues in Europe, but I try to keep calm and assume that's what I wish, not what he wants to do...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #527 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:53 PM »
For sure he will miss performing live on a stage.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2022, 09:46:01 AM »
For sure he will miss performing live on a stage.

I hope so

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #529 on: August 21, 2022, 11:00:15 AM »
Nah! Yorkshire tea or at best, PG tips!! ;D

Oh no, not tea bags - Pleaaassese!! Fresh, Loose tea please - far less plastic too!

Loose tea isn't fresh either, it's dried just like in tea bags!     :)

It's certainly a lot fresher than bagged tea...
The main difference between loose leaf tea and bagged tea is the grade of the tea used. 'Generally speaking, tea bags will use low grade tea (called 'dust' or 'fannings'). ... It just indicates the condition of the tea leaves used. By contrast, loose leaf teas generally use the whole tea leaf...
https://tea101.teabox.com/chai-or-tea
We call it "čaj in Croatian as well (Chai)
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #530 on: August 22, 2022, 08:58:40 AM »
Between yesterday and today I had an ephifany, MK is going to play live in May 2023...

Yesterday my wife tells me: "I hope you din't have plans for traveling to any concert on May, we have a family commintement!"

And this morning I heard on the radio that next May there are going to be local elections, with the risk of being called to an Electoral council.

When both things coincide, MK is playing live gigs and, with the first example, I miss the MK gig, and with the second, I'm always with the fear of being called and being not able to attend the MK gig, so, this is an ephifany, we are going to have a MK gig on May!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #531 on: August 22, 2022, 09:44:22 AM »
Between yesterday and today I had an ephifany, MK is going to play live in May 2023...

Yesterday my wife tells me: "I hope you din't have plans for traveling to any concert on May, we have a family commintement!"

And this morning I heard on the radio that next May there are going to be local elections, with the risk of being called to an Electoral council.

When both things coincide, MK is playing live gigs and, with the first example, I miss the MK gig, and with the second, I'm always with the fear of being called and being not able to attend the MK gig, so, this is an ephifany, we are going to have a MK gig on May!

We wouldn't need an epiphany for that :). If MK had wanted to play next May, it would be fixed by now and we would just be waiting for an announcement (or an advance notice of an announcement). Since we know thanks to you that he is determined not to play shows next year, it's more a wishful dream you had.... as many of us have these months preceeding the album release...
And I am really very grateful to you for sharing with us MK's decision, it saves me many months of longingly but ultimately futile waiting for an announcement that won't come after all.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:13:49 AM by skydiver »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #532 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:55 AM »

We wouldn't need an epiphany for that. If MK had wanted to play next May, it would be fixed by now and we would just be waiting for an announcement (or an advance notice of an announcement). Since we know thanks to you that he is determined not to play shows next year, it's more a wishful dream you had.... as many of us have these months preceeding the album release...

I think Julio was just having a bit of fun...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #533 on: August 22, 2022, 10:24:58 AM »

We wouldn't need an epiphany for that :). If MK had wanted to play next May, it would be fixed by now and we would just be waiting for an announcement (or an advance notice of an announcement). Since we know thanks to you that he is determined not to play shows next year, it's more a wishful dream you had.... as many of us have these months preceeding the album release...
And I am really very grateful to you for sharing with us MK's decision, it saves me many months of longingly but ultimately futile waiting for an announcement that won't come after all.

As Dusty says, I was just having fun with those two things that usually happens to me when I have a MK gig to attend...

But I think there is a missunderstanding. MK is determinated not to TOUR. What people around him are trying to persuade him is to play shows, which is very different.

The situation by now is very small, close to zero chances that there is any new tour, but there are small chances of some live shows, probably in London or in the UK, depending on MK mood when the release date of the new record is approaching. They still don't know when the record is going to be released, or maybe they do but they didn't tell, they also can have some venues booked just in case, that they can release if they are not using them, that's something we don't know, but if they have hopes to persuade him to do some shows, yes, they should had a venue or two booked. If they did it, they can announce it with little advance, as far as it is just in London or in selected cities in the UK, there is no need to an advanced announcement at all, as there is no need of big preparations.

I also have hopes that after the record is released, there might be some shows to play the new songs live. But i have NO hopes at all that he will tour again.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #534 on: August 22, 2022, 10:46:47 AM »
Thanks for your update and your explanation.
Even if MK would just play some shows in the UK to promote the new album, the decision would have been made by now and musicians, venues, roadies and sound technicians would have been booked by now. If it won't be simply something like "a man, a chair and a guitar", it can't be short-term planning. MK knows what he wants and he is planning well. He is a pro.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:50:18 AM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #535 on: August 22, 2022, 12:22:00 PM »
Thanks for your update and your explanation.
Even if MK would just play some shows in the UK to promote the new album, the decision would have been made by now and musicians, venues, roadies and sound technicians would have been booked by now. If it won't be simply something like "a man, a chair and a guitar", it can't be short-term planning. MK knows what he wants and he is planning well. He is a pro.

Well, there is no need of so much advance for a couple of shows, think about the showcases MK uses to play to promote gigs, he has technicians in his own studio at hand , but yes, a little anticipation is needed, and there are always musicians that can be available, for example, for a bass player, if Glenn Worf is busy with sessions, he can call Marcus Cliffe, David bronze or Ewan Vernel, which is what he does for the showcases, same goes for the rest of musicians.

Planning some one off shows is not the same than planning a tour, but yes, there is some anticipation needed, and my guess is if they have booked venues just in case, they might had booked the musicians just in case, because as far as I know, MK is determinated to not play live, and they know for sure it means no touring, but they have hopes he would do some shows to promote the record, if there are proper gigs in a proper venue, the better, if not, they might be showcases, in that case, I hope there is a chance to buy tickets.

I also guess his band mates, Guy, John, Mike, the Americans, when talking to MK and with extra care and sensibility, they try to convince him to play live again, but in the end, is MK who has the last word.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #536 on: August 22, 2022, 12:31:22 PM »
Less financial risk with a handful of shows as well. The financial costs of having to cancel shows due to someone getting covid must be astronomical.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #537 on: August 22, 2022, 03:18:32 PM »
The Eurovision Song Contest is being held in the UK in May 2023 and Leeds Arena is one of the venues where it could be held, because, apparently, there are dates still available.    This means that some dates would be available for MK too   I really hope so!   :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 05:31:18 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #538 on: August 22, 2022, 04:10:15 PM »
I was thinking that this shows would be perfect as a celebration of his life

Glasgow, hydro
Newcastle, arena
Leeds, arena
London, o2
London, Rah

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #539 on: August 22, 2022, 04:16:29 PM »
I was thinking that this shows would be perfect as a celebration of his life

Glasgow, hydro
Newcastle, arena
Leeds, arena
London, o2
London, Rah

Great idea.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:28:05 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.