Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New for 2022  (Read 72221 times)

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
Re: New for 2022
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2022, 03:08:04 PM »
I haven‘t heard that he was disappointed with the DTRW Tour.  :hmm ??? :think
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #556 on: August 24, 2022, 03:13:21 PM »
I haven‘t heard that he was disappointed with the DTRW Tour.  :hmm ??? :think
Me neither, it's just what I think

hunter

« Reply #557 on: August 24, 2022, 03:23:23 PM »
Next year is most likely out of the question because of other commitments and scheduling issues.

If Mark's health stays fine, I don't see any reason why he may not do shows in the future. Not sure he knows what a future show format may look like. The size and length of his shows (venues) up until now have required a certain amount energy, and during the last tour he just about made it by choosing songs with lesser intensity and relying more on the other band members.

hunter

« Reply #558 on: August 24, 2022, 05:51:53 PM »
OK ... From Guy's forum today:

-Question is do you think Mark and the band will play live again? Would Mark consider a week at RAH or was the last tour it? Look forward to the reply stay safe and well.

-I doubt there will be another tour but I hope I am wrong.
---
Well, let's at least look forward to the new album.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #559 on: August 24, 2022, 07:34:55 PM »
I don't want to use big words, but if Mark gives up the shows, something will end. All those beautiful concert years when I followed him from city to city, beautiful memories, great people will not be lost like tears in the rain, but for me it is another turning point.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #560 on: August 24, 2022, 08:34:36 PM »
I don't want to use big words, but if Mark gives up the shows, something will end. All those beautiful concert years when I followed him from city to city, beautiful memories, great people will not be lost like tears in the rain, but for me it is another turning point.

They are not big words, but they are lovely words and we, the fans on this forum, must make an effort to meet each other again somewhere.  I haven't met you, Robson, but I would like to meet you somewhere to celebrate Mark's music with the other fans who I became friends with because of Mark.   Like you, I will miss the concerts very much.  I had a truly great time!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #561 on: August 24, 2022, 08:38:00 PM »
I'd like to meet too :) It would be a beautiful meeting. Thank you superval99 :)
Clear as the day

Online2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #562 on: August 24, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
Its truly sad if true. I really wanted to take my little girl to see Mark live.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2022, 12:50:58 AM »
Its truly sad if true. I really wanted to take my little girl to see Mark live.
I feel very fortunate to have taken my 2 kids to his last tour. They really enjoyed it. I wouldn’t get away with it now as they more into cool bands like Arctic Monkeys.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2022, 01:43:33 AM »
I think Mark really needs someone to tell him you don't need to tour for a year in order to promote your next album. It's a genuine mystery to me why he still doesn't understand that. It drives me crazy, actually. When I see all these artists with a good touring schedule and Mark, who does one year-long tour in a few years. It's like a bad habit, really, like smoking. If the current situation can't change his mind, I think nothing will. He should've stopped doing big tours a long time ago, and replaced them with small tours, and everybody would benefit from it. Most importantly, his health and musicianship would definitely benefit from that indeed!

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2022, 02:02:23 AM »
"He should've stopped doing big tours a long time ago, and replaced them with small tours, and everybody would benefit from it"

I'm not sure. Since 1996, he has been to all continents. Everyone could see him and almost everyone had a chance. And that was fair in a way.
That was his concert strategy. Now, of course, everything is changing. Earlier, jbaent mentioned Glasgow, Newcastle and London important places in MK's life, and it would be great to see him in these four cities.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:09:08 AM by Robson »
Clear as the day

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2022, 02:17:00 AM »
"He should've stopped doing big tours a long time ago, and replaced them with small tours, and everybody would benefit from it"

I'm not sure. Since 1996, he has been to all continents. Everyone could see him and almost everyone had a chance. And that was fair in a way.
That was his concert strategy. Now, of course, everything is changing. Earlier, jbaent mentioned Glasgow, Newcastle and London important places in MK's life, and it would be great to see him in these four cities.

I think it needs balance... Of course, everybody would want MK to play live every day in every city. But touring is a mess by definition, you can't get everything perfect 100% of the time. One day MK is not in the mood, the next day the equipment fails, or the sound goes bad, or the audience doesn't feel it. I think it's safe to say live shows are definitely not quantity over quality. And the fact that "world tours" became a meme where "the world" is just a bunch of countries in Europe and a bunch of countries in the US? Or 12 shows in Germany, and 0 in Australia. It's a complete mess... So any way out of this mess, leaning more towards the quality side of things, would be good.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2022, 02:21:51 AM »
MK has always loved long tours. It hasn't changed since the days of the Dire Straits :)
Clear as the day

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2022, 02:38:41 AM »
He now wants to do other things in his twilight years.
His memory started going on the last tour and his physical abilities have been in decline for many years.
Why would you want to see someone you love and admire become a parody of himself?
Lots of lovely memories with,hopefully,more lovely songs to come.
My favourite of his at the moment is Broken Bones!

hunter

« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2022, 04:04:02 AM »
He now wants to do other things in his twilight years.
His memory started going on the last tour and his physical abilities have been in decline for many years.
Why would you want to see someone you love and admire become a parody of himself?
Lots of lovely memories with,hopefully,more lovely songs to come.
My favourite of his at the moment is Broken Bones!

Or "has to do other things" rather.

But I agree. It's much better to go out on top and in style.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 43 queries.