Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Early Bird and Time In The Sun as FLAC and not MP3 ???  (Read 7157 times)

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
Early Bird and Time In The Sun as FLAC and not MP3 ???
« on: September 18, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »
Hi,
Does anyone know where to buy them in flac format, instead of mp3 ??

In my opinion the 3 extra tracks of the bonus cd, should have been combined with those 2 tracks on a seperate BONUS CD.
Or made the Get Lucky album a double album, instead of this CD/EXTRA CD/DOWNLOAD ;-).

Cheers Peter
Cheers Peter

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Early Bird and Time In The Sun as FLAC and not MP3 ???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 05:14:19 PM »
Many of us thinks the same, but the ones in charge they only have cash in their skulls (instead of logical ideas)  :(
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
Yeah, especially Early Bird would be great to have as FLAC.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
It would be nice, but as far as I know, lossless sources of either track don't exist. (Even Early Bird.)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »
About a week ago, I know there was a FLAC version of early bird around the internet. :) I don't know if it's still there, but it is lossless.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:58 PM »
About a week ago, I know there was a FLAC version of early bird around the internet. :) I don't know if it's still there, but it is lossless.

There is some debate on this point. Apparently it was sourced from an "Apple Lossless" file, which is actually 256 kbps.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
AUDIOCHECKER v1.2 - by Dester -
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 -===- 12 Early Bird.flac
  Extracted successfully
  Conclusion: Could not qualify the source of this track.

I think Dusty is right here  ;)
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
could not qualify does not mean it is NOT lossless....just impossible to determine. but seriously, does anyone here the typical mp3 sounds on this song? at 256kbs i dare anyone to tell me they can hear the difference.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 07:18:28 AM »

Yes, I have that file. And it really did look lossless in the usual spectral view / frequency analysis. But the person who I believe orginally shared it said he got it from iTunes in Apple lossless. Well the Apple store, at least here in the US, doesn't sell Apple lossless files or any lossless file types for that matter. So it couldn't have come from there, and I think it may have ripped from the audio track of the DVD instead and converted to Apple lossless by someone along the line. I don't know...
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 01:03:45 PM »
Ohw then the FLAC file IS rubbish (yeaaaaaaaah, finally I'm right! ;D ), I'll delete it immediately from my HD.

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »

Yes, I have that file. And it really did look lossless in the usual spectral view / frequency analysis. But the person who I believe orginally shared it said he got it from iTunes in Apple lossless. Well the Apple store, at least here in the US, doesn't sell Apple lossless files or any lossless file types for that matter. So it couldn't have come from there, and I think it may have ripped from the audio track of the DVD instead and converted to Apple lossless by someone along the line. I don't know...

what DVD do you mean ?  ???

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
Ohw then the FLAC file IS rubbish (yeaaaaaaaah, finally I'm right! ;D ), I'll delete it immediately from my HD.
why delete it?
just know that it MAY originate from a lossy source...may!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 07:18:29 PM »

There is some debate on this point. Apparently it was sourced from an "Apple Lossless" file, which is actually 256 kbps.

But Apple Lossless is lossless...it can't be a compressed 256 kbps audio file no matter what the format. And like I said, you can rip something from a CD or wherever, and convert it to Apple lossless in the physical program of iTunes, but you can't buy/download Apple lossless files from the iTunes store.

So, aside from knowing that this file didn't come from the iTunes store, knowing the file's true electronic source is a complete guessing game unless the person who originally shared it comes forward and explains.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »

what DVD do you mean ?  ???

Good point. This was suggested by someone in a message off of this forum, and I never gave it much thought...but now that I think about it, Early Bird never appeared on either bonus DVD, so this is obviously wrong.

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »

So, aside from knowing that this file didn't come from the iTunes store, knowing the file's true electronic source is a complete guessing game unless the person who originally shared it comes forward and explains.

The Flac file is made from a Itunes store file. This is the real story. Don't ask me but this is real.
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 38 queries.