Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: More unreleased stuff to come?!  (Read 8302 times)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: More unreleased stuff to come?!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2022, 08:53:29 PM »
Did they not record the MK concert at the RAH in 1996 or was in 2001?? Some songs were on a best off cd.

Edit:
It was RAH 1996. I bet they record the whole concert  :think
The following tracks were recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall on 23 May 1996 by Mark Knopfler.
"Calling Elvis" – 9:05
"Walk of Life" – 5:28
"Last Exit to Brooklyn" – 2:23
"Romeo and Juliet" – 7:30
"Sultans of Swing" – 13:14
"Brothers in Arms" – 8:54
"Money for Nothing" – 6:37

Yes. This concert is on Sultans Of Swing (1998) compilation album.

The same for the special edition of The Ragpicker's Dream.

Why Aye Man, Quality Shoes -  Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK, 24th July 2002
The next song So Far Away - Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK, 25th July 2002 on the single Why Aye Man

Sailing To Philadelphia, Brothers in Arms  - Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada, 3rd May 2001
The next song Who's Your Baby from concert  in Massey Hall on the single Boom Like That.

MK fans don't have an easy life :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 10:04:52 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2022, 10:12:45 AM »
Did they not record the MK concert at the RAH in 1996 or was in 2001?? Some songs were on a best off cd.

Edit:
The following tracks were recorded live at the Royal Albert Hall on 23 May 1996 by Mark Knopfler.

That was recorded by the BBC and broadcasted by them. All 1996 soundboards were recorded by radios for broadcast, I guess they bought the rights from the BBC to put it on the compilation.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2022, 10:13:27 AM »

Edit:

Yes. This concert is on Sultans Of Swing (1998) compilation album.

The same for the special edition of The Ragpicker's Dream.

Why Aye Man, Quality Shoes -  Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK, 24th July 2002
The next song So Far Away - Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, UK, 25th July 2002 on the single Why Aye Man

Sailing To Philadelphia, Brothers in Arms  - Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada, 3rd May 2001
The next song Who's Your Baby from concert  in Massey Hall on the single Boom Like That.

MK fans don't have an easy life :)

I forgot they recorded also the Toronto 2001 concert!

OnlineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2022, 10:54:06 AM »
I'd love a soundboard from the Boston show in 1980.
And all these shows from 1978 and 1979, of course.

Just dreaming...

+1000  :thumbsup :thumbsup

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2022, 12:12:21 PM »
"soundboard from the Boston show in 1980"

I think it was an audience recording
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2022, 10:07:39 PM »

That was recorded by the BBC and broadcasted by them. All 1996 soundboards were recorded by radios for broadcast, I guess they bought the rights from the BBC to put it on the compilation.

BBC?

No BBC aired the Colston Hall show in Bristol May 19th 1996  : Mark Knopfler – In Concert 675

The credits on Sultans Of Swing (The Very Best Of Dire Straits) are :

These recordings were made for a live US radio broadcast by Album Network at the Royal Albert Hall, London on 23rd May 1996. They have not been remixed, overdubbed or altered in any way. Our thanks go to Manor Mobiles, engineer Dave Porter and Mark Felsot at Album Network.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 10:26:22 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 12:42:44 AM »
If anyone will release some hidden stuff then it will be johns influence. Don’t forget when interviewed I think in the 2000s he said they still had an album in them - which meant he’d like a follow up to every street but there must be lots from the cutting room floor that he’d like to give a dust off to, perhaps as a raw demos thing. Let’s hope so!

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 03:43:37 PM »
He also said at the time they still had a tour in them........

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2022, 08:28:55 AM »

Actually they should have a proper last tour, something smaller in scale, with a more friendly band with less proffesional musicians hired just for the occasion, having familiar faces surrounding them (like McIntosh for example) and tickets being sold for loyal fans buying tickets to markknofler.com to have controled the scale of it...

And if that would happen it would be really a celebration of their music with their fans, not like the last DS one who was more like an economical thing.

But that's not happening anyway, with MK retiring from touring as a solo artist...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 08:31:17 AM »

Actually they should have a proper last tour, something smaller in scale, with a more friendly band with less proffesional musicians hired just for the occasion, having familiar faces surrounding them (like McIntosh for example) and tickets being sold for loyal fans buying tickets to markknofler.com to have controled the scale of it...

And if that would happen it would be really a celebration of their music with their fans, not like the last DS one who was more like an economical thing.

But that's not happening anyway, with MK retiring from touring as a solo artist...

It's like you're describing the Golden Heart tour ;D

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 09:13:05 AM »

Actually I'm describing the MK and friends gig, but changing Danny Cummings on drums by probably Ianto, Chris White on sax for Nigel Hitchcock and hopefully Geraint Watkings by Alan Clark, but I'm not sure if MK would ask Alan to come back after all the Legacy thing...

Probably the tickets thing would be themore difficult part, as MK.com should check the buyers from the last MK solo tours and award their compromise with the MK solo career, or maybe just ask for a premium account to nowadays subscribers in order to sort it the smaller as possible.   

OnlineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 10:43:25 AM »

Actually I'm describing the MK and friends gig, but changing Danny Cummings on drums by probably Ianto, Chris White on sax for Nigel Hitchcock and hopefully Geraint Watkings by Alan Clark, but I'm not sure if MK would ask Alan to come back after all the Legacy thing...

Probably the tickets thing would be themore difficult part, as MK.com should check the buyers from the last MK solo tours and award their compromise with the MK solo career, or maybe just ask for a premium account to nowadays subscribers in order to sort it the smaller as possible.

it's very subjective
I could only attend a few gigs in DS/Mark's carreer during my life : 6 in total
But without any pretentiousness, I call me a guenine hard fan.
and I am sure that there are many others who never could go to an MK gig
wouldn't they be "allowed" to get tickets then ?  :think

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2022, 01:24:06 PM »

it's very subjective

Would you give advantage to someone that never attended a MK solo gig but wants to see Dire Straits, or would you give that advantage to someone that followed the MK solo career?

If anyone never could go to a MK solo gig, now suddenly they can go to a DS one?

Just give priority to loyal fans, and casual fans later if there are still tickets.

OnlineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2022, 02:57:30 PM »

it's very subjective

Would you give advantage to someone that never attended a MK solo gig but wants to see Dire Straits, or would you give that advantage to someone that followed the MK solo career?

If anyone never could go to a MK solo gig, now suddenly they can go to a DS one?

Just give priority to loyal fans, and casual fans later if there are still tickets.

this is exactly what I mean : what is the criteria to judge who are "loyal fans ?
I couldn't go to many gigs like other people because of personnal matters.
I don't think that number of gigs I attended can make a level oy my "loyalty" to MK
I bet that many people saw far more gigs than me, but know less Mark's music than me... it's all subjective
and I can't see how such a rule could work : you attended xxx gigs ? ok you are a loyal fan !  :disbelief :disbelief :smack :smack

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2022, 03:35:40 PM »

it's very subjective

this is exactly what I mean : what is the criteria to judge who are "loyal fans ?
I couldn't go to many gigs like other people because of personnal matters.
I don't think that number of gigs I attended can make a level oy my "loyalty" to MK
I bet that many people saw far more gigs than me, but know less Mark's music than me... it's all subjective
and I can't see how such a rule could work : you attended xxx gigs ? ok you are a loyal fan !  :disbelief :disbelief :smack :smack

My best example would be, I heard there was a guy who wrote a great book on China's history or something and had never been to the country itself. I attended only 3 Mark's shows in my lifetime, and so what? People who can afford it, or live in Germany (LOLS), can visit as many shows as they want. In some countries, he barely played, so if I would live in Australia I would give up on waiting for MK to arrive. If it's too expensive even for him, why I should bother to see him then? Isn't that a bit egoistic on his part? LOL.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 36 queries.