Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New record during the passage of the BIA tour in Australia in 1986.  (Read 7939 times)

OfflinePeter1981

• Local Hero
Re: New record during the passage of the BIA tour in Australia in 1986.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »
great stuff, but...is it just me, or is the audio the left side only? The right side is silent.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 01:15:21 PM »
great stuff, but...is it just me, or is the audio the left side only? The right side is silent.

I think you are correct.  I can feel the left speaker on my computer vibrating, but not the right one and I don't think any sound is coming out of the right speaker.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2022, 02:10:26 PM »
Hello Bruno. Yes, a really good find.
A dream will come true, if some Telegraph Road versions from BIA-Tour 1986 Australian and New Zealand-Leg, can be explored. According to the tour-schedule of BIA Tour Aussie and New Zealand Leg from February till April 1986 there were a lot of shows on the fifth continent, so maybe some other concert-attendants there have recorded some other shows on audio or video source in those days.
We are fools to make war

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2022, 07:13:47 PM »
Hello Bruno. Yes, a really good find.
A dream will come true, if some Telegraph Road versions from BIA-Tour 1986 Australian and New Zealand-Leg, can be explored. According to the tour-schedule of BIA Tour Aussie and New Zealand Leg from February till April 1986 there were a lot of shows on the fifth continent, so maybe some other concert-attendants there have recorded some other shows on audio or video source in those days.

When I found these videos, my eyes couldn't believe it, it was a big surprise, all the versions are incredible, Expresso Love is very good to hear Alan's pianos, it's very clear and it's not easy to pick up all that, those higher notes... One of the clearest registers for this analysis I've ever heard, the synths at the end of Ride Across The River create a unique mood throughout Dire Straits' trajectory, a great atmospheric experience. It was certainly filmed in its entirety, little by little he should publish more videos. Looking forward to Telegraph Road, it's going to be impactful for all of us!
Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2022, 08:57:24 PM »
Yes, it will be great to get in touch with an unexplored "Live in 86" live-version of Telegraph Road. Do you have some more additional information on the subject of that recordings. Is the concert-date or the venue currently known ?
We are fools to make war

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2022, 09:14:21 PM »
Sultan is fantastic.
If only a multi track recording could exist I would erase Alan keyborad on the first half of the song and publish it that way.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2022, 11:40:45 PM »

I think you are correct.  I can feel the left speaker on my computer vibrating, but not the right one and I don't think any sound is coming out of the right speaker.

You are correct, only audio on one channel. It is a mono feed though into that channel so you get all the instruments
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:43:05 PM by the visitor »

Offlinepc0000002

• Guitar George
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »
Wow that's great, I was only thinking today I wish there was clear vision of the blue Pensa Suhr Synclavier guitar, and what do you know, some appears! Apparently leading into the broadcast (which I apparently watched live at age 2 - and was transfixed), there were 3 shows in Sydney (23-24-25 Apr), as someone stated I wonder if this footage is from those? Or earlier in the tour as someone else said? Either way, let's hope we get TR!

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2022, 05:27:57 PM »
Only the show in Sydney, on April 26, 1986, was televised. This show is at the start of the 1986 Australia tour, notice it's just a camera, Mark has slightly shorter hair that Sydney 86, then, was between February and March 86.
Wow that's great, I was only thinking today I wish there was clear vision of the blue Pensa Suhr Synclavier guitar, and what do you know, some appears! Apparently leading into the broadcast (which I apparently watched live at age 2 - and was transfixed), there were 3 shows in Sydney (23-24-25 Apr), as someone stated I wonder if this footage is from those? Or earlier in the tour as someone else said? Either way, let's hope we get TR!
Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2022, 07:42:36 PM »
great. thanks for sharing

but in the same time, Pink Floyd has published officially 18 (yes 18 !) shows from their 1972 tour...  ::) ::)

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/rock/pink-floyd-publie-sans-prevenir-18-concerts-inedits-de-1972-epoque-the-dark-side-of-the-moon_5558466.html

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2022, 09:53:32 PM »

but in the same time, Pink Floyd has published officially 18 (yes 18 !) shows from their 1972 tour...  ::) ::)

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/culture/musique/rock/pink-floyd-publie-sans-prevenir-18-concerts-inedits-de-1972-epoque-the-dark-side-of-the-moon_5558466.html

These are published for copyright extension, and prevent the recording from entering the public domain
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2022, 10:07:32 PM »

These are published for copyright extension, and prevent the recording from entering the public domain

It doesn't matter why these are released, is important that are released!

I would be happy if for legal reasons some DS concerts have to be released. Those would be much welcomed.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

hunter

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 03:50:26 AM »

You are correct, only audio on one channel. It is a mono feed though into that channel so you get all the instruments

Change your audio settings to Mono, and it sounds a lot better: For Windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-windows-easier-to-hear-9c18cfdc-63be-2d47-0f4f-5b00facfd2e1#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

hunter

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2022, 04:01:57 AM »
I like Ride Across the River, but I think it was a strange choice for the opening song. Too laidback and "depressing". On the album, though, it works perfectly as the opener on side B.

If you could choose another opener, what would that be? I think So Far Away, esp. with the calypso intro, would set the tone perfectly.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2022, 08:17:53 AM »
I like Ride Across the River, but I think it was a strange choice for the opening song. Too laidback and "depressing". On the album, though, it works perfectly as the opener on side B.

If you could choose another opener, what would that be? I think So Far Away, esp. with the calypso intro, would set the tone perfectly.

I think it was a great opener and the best choice from BIA.
I don't find the song depressing but the album does have an overt theme of sadness so it's not surprising if anyone does.
DS had really good openers in DTTW and OUATITW and Ride is almost as good.I wasn't a fan of Calling Elvis opening but then it came from their weakest album so choices from that were limited.
Of his solo tours I was particularly fond of Border Reiver and What It Is as openers so I guess MK has gotten it right about half the time when opening the show :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 40 queries.