Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Sweetwater - British Grove Studios: Touring Mark Knopfler’s Sonic Sanctuary  (Read 2232 times)

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
And coffee mug geeks  :P

OfflineChris W

• Dire Straits drummer
  • Camerado

Yet another strange thing released only to collect negative comments.

Yeah, I think far too many things get 'negative comments' on this forum. It's just another video about British Grove. It seems like there are already behind the scenes videos at British Grove that AMIT members enjoy, so what's the problem with another video, mostly focussed on the gear?
The gear in the studio is actually exceptional, exceptional even if only 'jbaent' owned it, not Mark. An original REDD console and an EMI TG console!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Yeah, I think far too many things get 'negative comments' on this forum. It's just another video about British Grove. It seems like there are already behind the scenes videos at British Grove that AMIT members enjoy, so what's the problem with another video, mostly focussed on the gear?
The gear in the studio is actually exceptional, exceptional even if only 'jbaent' owned it, not Mark. An original REDD console and an EMI TG console!

Schhhhhhhhh!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Check the comments on YouTube. People question the annoying background music loop which is playing in the ENTIRE video, people laugh about coffee cups, complain about the lack of demonstration, etc., everything that's just repeated here on AMIT. So no, AMIT is not the negativity hub that exists solely to criticise everything MK-related. Sometimes MK-related stuff is just really strange.

And yes, I get it, it's a video intended for pros, but to be honest, it fails at this as well. If you're a pro, you already know it, if you're not a pro, they could show some specs, info on history on the screen, or be more in-depth. You're absolutely right, it's just another video on British Grove, but the way it's presented and made is just strange. I liked and shared it jest for the shots of the studio.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

Check the comments on YouTube. People question the annoying background music loop which is playing in the ENTIRE video, people laugh about coffee cups, complain about the lack of demonstration, etc., everything that's just repeated here on AMIT. So no, AMIT is not the negativity hub that exists solely to criticise everything MK-related. Sometimes MK-related stuff is just really strange.

And yes, I get it, it's a video intended for pros, but to be honest, it fails at this as well. If you're a pro, you already know it, if you're not a pro, they could show some specs, info on history on the screen, or be more in-depth. You're absolutely right, it's just another video on British Grove, but the way it's presented and made is just strange. I liked and shared it jest for the shots of the studio.
Yes, you say that all the time, but in fact there is nothing on this video that is strange. Just people complaining about normal things that for some reason or the other that upsets the same four or five people (ok, maybe more, but you see what I mean). But I guess that’s the internet

OfflineRPK

• Guitar George
Would rather see footage of the studio then no footage at all

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Yes, you say that all the time, but in fact there is nothing on this video that is strange. Just people complaining about normal things that for some reason or the other that upsets the same four or five people (ok, maybe more, but you see what I mean). But I guess that’s the internet

Correct! Some people are obviously more critical than others, and I notice a lot of stuff that could be done better. Sweetwater is a 1.5 billion dollar corporation, they can do better stuff for their almost 1M (one million!) subscribers channel. Imagine no annoying background music on this video, imagine double the length, imagine more of the "tour" as in walking in the studio rather than staying in one room, or more details. Would it make the video better? You bet it would! Hence my (and others) comments. We want better stuff, period. Nothing wrong with that.

Would rather see footage of the studio then no footage at all

That's a problematic approach to me, as, again, Sweetwater are a giant corporation and Mark's studio is a state-of-the-art studio, you expect better stuff from them. Granted, no questions for the studio here as they are generous with their time and the time of their workers, it's what happens behind the scenes is that matters. British Grove is not Abbey Road and they don't have the expertise and experience to do studio tours, it doesn't mean all you need to do is slap a fake "Knopfler sound" music and ask random gear questions. Typical, shallow music store content.

OfflineChris W

• Dire Straits drummer
  • Camerado

Check the comments on YouTube. People question the annoying background music loop which is playing in the ENTIRE video, people laugh about coffee cups, complain about the lack of demonstration, etc.,

Yes, Youtube comments are often mostly negative too - who knew????

And yes, I get it, it's a video intended for pros, but to be honest, it fails at this as well. If you're a pro, you already know it

Very, very few pros are watching Sweetwater videos on Youtube. The audience for music audio videos on Youtube is 75% hobbyists at best.
Anyway, had I never been to British Grove I would have watched it and marvelled at the gear. I don't need to know the spec or hear it in action. The EMI consoles are so rare (REDD and TG) it's just interesting to see two of them in use in one studio.
I honestly can't fathom all the moaning and criticism. There are plenty of Knopfler centric videos for those who want them, this is just a few minutes out of your day to check out the gear in a well equipped London studio.

OfflineChris W

• Dire Straits drummer
  • Camerado
Typical, shallow music store content.

I would just say "get a life". Because life is too short to get so outraged about a few minutes long video showcasing some off the gear in a studio.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
It's hardly showing off if it's not their gear.
Sweetwater sell audio equipment. The video is about the equipment at British Grove. There is no need to have any involvement from Guy or Mark, it's for recording gear geeks, not fans of Mark or DS.
gotta agree here.
does not change the fact that it is boring as eff for non-gear-geeks
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineTJ

• Camerado

I would just say "get a life". Because life is too short to get so outraged about a few minutes long video showcasing some off the gear in a studio.

They don't call us "Get-a-lifers" for nothing!
Talk soft, carry a big stick, and pack the biggest gun.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

This is a fan forum, and a fan forum is a place where fans gather to talk about whatever related to the main reason of existence of the forum and where all the members are allowed to express their opinions about whatever topic that may surface.

Get a lifer is another word for fan.

And we are proud of it.

Whoever who has a problem with what is a forum, the door opens and close.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

This is a fan forum, and a fan forum is a place where fans gather to talk about whatever related to the main reason of existence of the forum and where all the members are allowed to express their opinions about whatever topic that may surface.

And we are proud of it.

The funniest part about it all is that I'm such a hardcore get-a-lifer, that I haven't even watched this video to the end, I just scrolled it after a few minutes and got a rough picture (you don't need to sit through all 22 minutes to understand it).

Life IS too short to watch videos that are made with minimal attention to detail, and certainly, life is too short to fight on forums over a mediocre studio documentary.

"Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend."

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Stayed awake for the whole video, the mugs were so deliberate. I don’t know how Chris Whitten can say this is not a commercial venture. This is not some blokes vanity studio. It’s clearly set up to attract the biggest and best artists and film studios in the world. If its losing money I bet you a clever cloggs accountant is making it that way to save paying tax somewhere else in MK’s business’s.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

And we are proud of it.

Well, Chris and others just express their opinions, which should be allowed in a fan forum. So no reason to point at the door.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 39 queries.