Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #50:2010.06.13, Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo, Norway  (Read 24634 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Re: Concert #50:2010.06.13, Norwegian Wood Festival, Oslo, Norway
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
I can't upload pictures for some reason - but i'll post some info anyway.. Danny has been walking around. Kay, Jarle and Daniel was lucky to get a picture with him..

Your probably right about so far away le...

Hahahahhahaha

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »
It's 3:43 AM here, and I took a nap and got up to see what Tobben had left.   hehehehe, waiting for the report from you, my friend!!!

Wishes
Allen
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 10:44:48 PM »
Border Reiver, why aye man, what it is, sailing to Philadelphia, coyote, hill farmers blues, Romeo and Juliet, ole ole ole, sultans, Bonaparte, marbletown, speedway, telegraph road, brothers in arms, so far away and piper to the end...

What a fantastic show... I'm speachless... :-)

Mark talked A LOT -which was really nice!

Security was ........ Nothing more to say about them.. :p
the whole consert was shown on a huge screen on the right side of the stage.. Beleve it was something like 7 profesional cameras filming it... It was awesome! :-D

More when I get back home...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »
TRD slowly but surely become over the tours the most prominent album in the setlist : 4 out of 15.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
the whole show was shon on screens, could this really mean a live screening on tv??
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:40:17 PM »
TRD slowly but surely become over the tours the most prominent album in the setlist : 4 out of 15.
Indeed.
And I'm really glad.
I am sick and tired of comments about TRD saying "a joke", "mellow", "to go to sleep", etc..
STP used to be my favourite MK solo album. Because it was so much like DS' followup album to OES.
But now TRD has reached #1, yes, I mean number one, status to me. The album took its revenge: it was deprived from a tour in 2003 following Mark's motorbike accident. Then it was seen as the slow, intimate one. Ironically, it now provides the best guitar riff and solos to the concerts. Mark has turned the so-called b-side songs (Hill Farmer's blues, Marbletown, Coyote) into rocking songs. And WAM is... what to say... even better than WII. It definitely sounds better than WII live anyway. And their is so much soul in the album, it is a concept one about poor people... In comparison, its successor, Shangri-La, sounds too polished, has less personality. I'm glad that TRD, together with STP and GL, seems to be Mark's own favorite now.
Long live TRD ! :)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »
the whole show was shon on screens, could this really mean a live screening on tv??
Oh my god. Now this is good. They most certainly did not put 7 cameras there for the sole pleasure of showing this on a wall during the concert right ?? So, the least we can expect is a live TV broadcast, which can be recorded with good new technology for a quality DVD, and at best, they are planning a DVD/Blu-Ray ??

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 12:00:39 AM »
woww good news, at least I hope some audience pointing all the show to this is screen

Onlinedannyjun

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 12:53:55 AM »
Indeed.
And I'm really glad.
I am sick and tired of comments about TRD saying "a joke", "mellow", "to go to sleep", etc..
STP used to be my favourite MK solo album. Because it was so much like DS' followup album to OES.
But now TRD has reached #1, yes, I mean number one, status to me. The album took its revenge: it was deprived from a tour in 2003 following Mark's motorbike accident. Then it was seen as the slow, intimate one. Ironically, it now provides the best guitar riff and solos to the concerts. Mark has turned the so-called b-side songs (Hill Farmer's blues, Marbletown, Coyote) into rocking songs. And WAM is... what to say... even better than WII. It definitely sounds better than WII live anyway. And their is so much soul in the album, it is a concept one about poor people... In comparison, its successor, Shangri-La, sounds too polished, has less personality. I'm glad that TRD, together with STP and GL, seems to be Mark's own favorite now.
Long live TRD ! :)

I agree with you, Herlock.
TRD was always my favourite album too, and these live versions are even better. And Why Aye Man rocks !!!  ;) I hope he will play this one in Prague...

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:40 AM »
the whole consert was shown on a huge screen on the right side of the stage.. Beleve it was something like 7 profesional cameras filming it... It was awesome! :-D

Great news!!!

http://www.nrk.no/kultur_og_underholdning/1.7166492
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:16 AM »
translate please!
says something about a broadcast?
thanks!

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 01:28:40 AM »

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 01:36:50 AM »
And what it says relative to the cammeras?

I bet the cammeras were there because the promoters of the festival wanted that everyone enjoyed the show, nothing related to a dvd or something...

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OnlineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 01:37:48 AM »
This was just fantastic!!! Best MK concert ever? Beats the Golden Heart tour? An awesome and almost surreal experience! More than perfect. Never heard such a good sound before. I didn' know it was possible. Fabulous! Incredible!  

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 01:43:10 AM »
I once downloaded an audience DVD of Genesis or Phil Collins(Sorry Dusty) which shot directly at the big screen.  So if the TV station doesn't broadcast what they taped, this kind of audience screen shooting can survive us, too.  Please, anyone there shot the screen ????   :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 36 queries.