Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #55:2010.06.19, Arena, Leipzig, Germany  (Read 40375 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Concert #55:2010.06.19, Arena, Leipzig, Germany
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
Well once we have said how satisfied and pleasantly surprised we are, then come the time of "but it could have been even better...". And so on.

Perfection can be also a very depressive feeling, meaning that "you can't improve anymore".

So, I don't regret to attend that insane number of shows even if my dreamed setlist will probably never see the light.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejimbobaby

• Local Hero
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
Moan moan monety moan.  Gosh I feel better for that ;D

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
Well, I know "Fish and the Bird" has a very, hmm, soothing effect, but I actually like that song! It shows how MK's singing has improved and it has atmosphere. If I had been in Leipzig, I would have liked the surprise.

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
Fish and the Birds is  a truly beautiful song.....thank you MK for playing it again!!!!!!

xx

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit you two! :o
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 11:16:24 PM »
I like it too. You're not alone(:
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
exactly, a free forum, this is why one can moan about the set list but it also means that one can moan about the moaners. and of course, you are entitled to moan about my moaning about the moaners, and I will moan about your moaning about... eeerrr, I've lost track  ;D.

The problem with the negative comments is that they pop up where you least expect them too! I was doing what you suggested and ignore the negative comments (or rather moan to myself about them) but when I saw Lars's  moan about the moaners, I thought I'd let him know he was not on his own.

I very much agree with you and Lars! AMIT, the world,s best MK forum, has since the tour started become the dullest. It's boring to read on and on that you don't like the way the set lists change or don't change when you haven't even been there. But of course, we are all free to make a dull forum. (I know many of you think people like me are boring, people who seem to like all MK does these days. I'm not one of those. I'm just trying to balance things a bit).    

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2010, 11:54:50 PM »
Surely everybody saying that they were happy with the same set being played all the time would also be boring?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »
Yes of course, Dusty, but that's not the case here, is it. My point is, when you're checking out the forum to read reviews from the concerts, all you find is people writing that they don't understand why MK play music that nobody likes. But I've said this before, so I guess I'm boring most of you now. And you can't be that bad, because I'm finding myself checking out this site many times a day ;)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
Yes of course, Dusty, but that's not the case here, is it. My point is, when you're checking out the forum to read reviews from the concerts, all you find is people writing that they don't understand why MK play music that nobody likes. But I've said this before, so I guess I'm boring most of you now. And you can't be that bad, because I'm finding myself checking out this site many times a day ;)
that is not true mossguitar. do check out ANY of my show comments for the past 11 shows i went to? like just now for cologne...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »
I know, Pottel, but I am talking about the ones that has not been to the concert and goes on and on about the setlist...

Offlinejimbobaby

• Local Hero
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
I know, Pottel, but I am talking about the ones that has not been to the concert and goes on and on about the setlist...

Presumably that remark was aimed at me. Two things:

1.  If you actually read my posts properly you will see that I have been quite balanced in my views about the setlist.  In my "reflections from someone who wasn't there" post you will see that I said that the setlist has a decent flow and complemented the playing and excellent versions on some songs that don't work on the album.  I am loving my symfy recordings.  But only a fool would suggest that this setlist is fresh. A number of people who have reviewed the concerts very positively have mentioned a tinge of regret that, whilst brilliant, what they have seen has, by and large, been a repeat of what we have seen many times before.

2.  I fail to understand how the fact that I wasn't there disqualifies me from having an opinion.  I have heard 6 of the shows from this tour in their entirety nad have been at more MK shows than I care to remember.  I know exactly what it will have been like.  The fact that the setlist was a factor in my non-attendance makes my opinion very valid thank you very much.

Oh, and a third thing - plenty of people who did go are making comments about the setlist!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »

Another good reason to stay away from the setlist as long as first show has not be attended   ;)

Edit 1 : or of course listening to a recording from the current tour

Edit 2 : take any artist, people will always complain about the setlist because :

a) too much obscure song played and not enough big hits I was in for
b) opposite situation : plays only the hit but not this beautiful under rated one I was in for
c) don't make any change so boring
d) opposite situation : dawn I couldn't attend yesterday show and he did play MY song but not tonight

Basic thing I have to remember is how do I feel leaving the venue.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:16:51 AM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedannyjun

• Camerado
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

Another good reason to stay away from the setlist as long as first show has not be attended   ;)

Edit 1 : or of course listening to a recording from the current tour

Edit 2 : take any artist, people will always complain about the setlist because :

a) too much obscure song played and not enough big hits I was in for
b) opposite situation : plays only the hit but not this beautiful under rated one I was in for
c) don't make any change so boring
d) opposite situation : dawn I couldn't attend yesterday show and he did play MY song but not tonight

Basic thing I have to remember is how do I feel leaving the venue.

Yes, ds1984, it is true. I think you mentioned four very common "problems" of people attending non-classical concerts...

And MK is, in fact, very smart man. He actually knows that there are some hard-die fans who get a bit bored with all those songs played over and over again and again...
But, he also knows, that the most of people who go to his concerts are NOT his hard-die fans, they are people, who know mainly DS

Offlinedannyjun

• Camerado
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 11:10:44 AM »

Presumably that remark was aimed at me. Two things:

1.  If you actually read my posts properly you will see that I have been quite balanced in my views about the setlist.  In my "reflections from someone who wasn't there" post you will see that I said that the setlist has a decent flow and complemented the playing and excellent versions on some songs that don't work on the album.  I am loving my symfy recordings.  But only a fool would suggest that this setlist is fresh. A number of people who have reviewed the concerts very positively have mentioned a tinge of regret that, whilst brilliant, what they have seen has, by and large, been a repeat of what we have seen many times before.

2.  I fail to understand how the fact that I wasn't there disqualifies me from having an opinion.  I have heard 6 of the shows from this tour in their entirety nad have been at more MK shows than I care to remember.  I know exactly what it will have been like.  The fact that the setlist was a factor in my non-attendance makes my opinion very valid thank you very much.

Oh, and a third thing - plenty of people who did go are making comments about the setlist!

Jimbobaby, I think I pretty much understand your feeling. Everyone can have opinion.
I think there is no member of this forum who would just critise. If you say that the concert is awesome, that MK

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 39 queries.