Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011  (Read 204834 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Re: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »
If MK does not get to play on at least few Dylan's songs this tour makes little sense to me. Two separate sets, two bands, two hours. Why bother if they don't get to share the stage? There's gotta be more to it than just two separate sets. I hope.
Mk's set then Bob's set then Mark join Bob's band for the encores. Makes sense to me.

Jackal

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
If they play together, it's like "buy a set of gold cufflings, and get a matching gold tie clip for free".

If they don't play together, it's like "buy a set of gold cufflings, and get a garden hose for free". (Whoever is the garden hose, depends whether you're in the Knopfler or Dylan camp.)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2011, 03:07:46 PM »
If MK does not get to play on at least few Dylan's songs this tour makes little sense to me. Two separate sets, two bands, two hours. Why bother if they don't get to share the stage? There's gotta be more to it than just two separate sets. I hope.
Mk's set then Bob's set then Mark join Bob's band for the encores. Makes sense to me.

Of course it makes sense, otherwise we might as well have had two separate shows entirely!   I'm sure they'll come together for encores!   ::)    I just hope the BD fans don't make a nuisance of themselves during MK's part.   :-\
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »
Personally it's going to be rude not to go and see MK as he is on my doorstep here in sunny Bournemouth, and am sure he will play along with BD otherwise there is no real point to the tour is there? I look at it this way that if the audience are true music fans they should appreciate both artists and really there shouldn't be any of 'Mark is better than Bob' or vice versa purely because they are both great in their own right!!!
Mind you if all else fails you can always have a sleep during BD's bit!!!!! ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Just noticed on the Manchester MEN site that tickets will be on sale at 9am on Monday 18th July.  No mention of pre-sale tickets on MK.Com site yet!   :-\    Maybe we book direct with the venue?   Prices are
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »
Just noticed on the Manchester MEN site that tickets will be on sale at 9am on Monday 18th July.  No mention of pre-sale tickets on MK.Com site yet!   :-\    Maybe we book direct with the venue?   Prices are
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
It's actually more like
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
Dublin has got tickets up to 91 Euro = 80 GBP plus fee

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
Pre - sale is great but for me I've been there & done that with & without success - i was front row mid stage, 6 feet away from MK for the emmy lou tour in Dublin WOW :o :o what a treat, for GL I got front row as well but I was way over at the side of the stage :o :oThey certainly werent the best seats in the world for pre-sale even though they were front row - I'd have been better off 10 rows back anywhere in the O2.
So my point is that for me,anywhere within 10 rows of the front are fine,plus you dont have a pain in  your neck either for a week after the gig from looking up rather than down ::) ::)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
I was very pleased with my GL seats.  Dublin, Manchester and Brighton - front row just to the right of MK.  Bournemouth front row, but way over to the left, so I would have been better more to the centre, a row or two back, on that occasion.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2011, 05:11:20 PM »
Pre - sale is great but for me I've been there & done that with & without success - i was front row mid stage, 6 feet away from MK for the emmy lou tour in Dublin WOW :o :o what a treat, for GL I got front row as well but I was way over at the side of the stage :o :oThey certainly werent the best seats in the world for pre-sale even though they were front row - I'd have been better off 10 rows back anywhere in the O2.
So my point is that for me,anywhere within 10 rows of the front are fine,plus you dont have a pain in  your neck either for a week after the gig from looking up rather than down ::) ::)
My sentiments too.  I was the same at Glasgow for the GL tour;  front row but right at the side, even beyond Richard!  Also at Lucca I was front row again but that time beyond Glenn!  The pre-sale is a bad thing in my experience when you don't know where you are sitting.  I got a ticket for the RAH from an agency in the stalls, section "O" and it was the best view of the lot.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »
Guy has updated and uses the words "value" and "money" in relation with "concert" and "one hour". I find that very promising and cool. It seems the show will maybe take longer than two hours. He says he knows in fact that it won't be a two hour show.

Last time MK.com front row Hamburg, dead center (next to Isaac  :lol), London row eight or nine or something...

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2011, 06:18:32 PM »
Just had email from TK announcing most of the tickets will be on sale Monday 18th July 9am!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
Me too, I'm probably being thick, but is it a pre sale
Or are these 9.00 on the 18th tix on sale to the general public too?

Cheers BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 43 queries.