Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011  (Read 204827 times)

Love Expresso

Re: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour 2011
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
Ok, I made my decision. Only one show for me, Oberhausen.  Because two shows means two nights in a hotel, two train tickets... No. I will be happy to go to Oberhausen, it is a Sunday, Monday is my day off, fits perfectly well, so no second show. Sorry, Hamburg, but this time you won't see me. Just too expensive.

I hope Mark will not use this as an excuse to raise the ticket prices for his next solo tour...

To be fair, to see a show with two big names of that caliber, and with the show starting at 7:30, so that three hours (or a little bit more including breaks) until
23 h possible) are realistic, is not too expensive if you compare with ticket prices of other show cases in these days. It is just too expensive for me....

Like me. One show is enough. It is too expensive to see only 75 mns of MK.
U can join us LE. We are a bunch of funny guys goin to Oberhausen.
I can confirm that Oberhausen has 3 rows and they start with row A.

Will do! Cool, will be arriving on sunday afternoon, let's see if can meet somewhere.
There should be some other forumers around at Oberhausen it seems?

LE

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
One show is never enough. We have the full band during 1H-1H30. Dont' know exactly how long ;)
Of course prices are much higher for less MK performance. Not easy in hard times !
I also believe most people, including myself, can't do an Isaac.

I will do Geneva and I'm trying to add 1 or 2 extra shows (my best chances are Glasgow, Berlin and Rome)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »
Just one for me too - Manchester.  I think it's one of the few all-seated venues, which I'm pleased about!   No queuing!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #183 on: July 17, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
A funny picture just came into my mind of lots of forumers at 9am tomorrow all with their fingers hovering over the button!    :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #184 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
think it will be OBerhausen and Antwerp only in the end.
too much negativism from those Dylan wankers.
and i too find the price a bit high for an as of yet uncertain performance quality and content.
so no dublin, and prolly no rotterdam either...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #185 on: July 17, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »

You know, I don't like the idea and it even disturbs me that the official Bob Dylan site doesn't talk about Mark and his band participating in the Tour in Europe. In Dutch newspapers I even read that Mark will be the support act!
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
The more that this is going on the more I'm getting pissed off with it :-\ :-\
Firstly we have a big announcement from Guy thats leaked all over the internet before he confirms it - every dog on the street knew that it was Bob,the only thing that wasnt known was the venues & dates.
Secondly we are buying over priced tickets for a gig that we dont know how long its going to be,if they will perform as a duo or half a show each & theres nobody telling anyone what the story is.
As I have said previously Bob played here last month & theres no way he sold out the O2,he's also played here nearly every year for the past 4  or 5 & if people didnt pack the place to see him then I cant see them packing in to see half a show either  -BTW  MK didnt sell out the O2 either last year. I feel the fans are being sort of railroaded into buying pre-sale tickets as they feel that know that the diehards will scamper to buy them once they get a sniff of a show but being honest I dont see a major demand here for tickets,well not at that level anyway.
I like so many more have been to MK gigs & i 've thought I was in Madrid or somewhere in Spain such was the amount of Spainards around me at the gig,now dont get me wrong good luck to them but I cant see these guys travelling to as many gigs around Eurpoe his time as they have in the past.Even if you look on this forum,I've met a lot of forum members in the past few years either at gigs in Dublin or the UK & they are going to just one show whereas like myself they would have gone to several ones in the past.
Will I go? Yes. Will I be hovering over my pc for over priced pre-sale tickets in the morning? No.

Rant over ::)
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2011, 02:18:21 PM »
About Berlin, after the presale, which site will sell that tickets? My first choice is Glasgow, but I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2011, 02:19:10 PM »
@ Fieneke2:
It all depends on marketing. Someone has to be the bigger one it seems. Mark is named "VERY special guest" on the ads I saw, and that would be ok with me and I am sure with Mark, too. On the other hand, my theory is still that Bob's management needed a drawing card name in Europe to sell more tickets here, and Mark obviously had no reservations against it. In this league, I think it is just a mininal difference. Mark himself would probably always attest that it was a great honour for him to be asked etc..., but someone must have done the maths and has come to think that it will pay off in the end for both of them. I have much confidence in Paul
Crockfords abilities...

LE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:23:08 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
I am very uneasy about the whole thing too, especially after reading the comments on the BD forum, where MK is constantly being ridiculed and being called "warm-up act" and "support", not to mention lots worse!   One of my biggest worries is that the BD fans will disrupt MK's performance by coming in throughout his performance and talking, etc, but the BD fans think the same about the MK fans too!   I'm sure most of the BD fans are normal people though and respect both acts, just like us!   :lol

I'm going to the concert because, first and foremost I am an MK fan and I couldn't bear not to be there to support MK and the band and because I also enjoy Bob's songs and the work he and MK  did together in the past and I feel it will be something I would regret not doing.

So, yes, I will be there at the computer at 9am tomorrow, with my finger hovering over the keys!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »
I'd hazard a guess that Mark would have no issues with the tag "support act" or "special guest", the same way he has no interest in playing under the tag 'Dire Straits'?

I'm dead keen to fly over and catch a gig or two, if only for the adventure of it. On the other hand, if there are some great soundboard bootlegs, I could just as easily stay at home, lol!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
I'm going to the concert because, first and foremost I am an MK fan and I couldn't bear not to be there to support MK and the band and because I also enjoy Bob's songs and the work he and MK  did together in the past and I feel it will be something I would regret not doing.

Exactly my thoughts.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »
"Special Guest" is OK, because that means he has been specially invited by the headline act (Bob), but a support act or warm-up act is just anyone who is on the way up the music ladder and that couldn't possibly apply to MK!  
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
About Berlin, after the presale, which site will sell that tickets? My first choice is Glasgow, but I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »

eventim.de

Official ticket sale starts on wednesday, 20.07.11, 9:00h german time (cest).

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 47 queries.