Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guy's Forum  (Read 590313 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Guy's Forum
« Reply #1635 on: April 16, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
Woah, that's some rant by gn33 on Guy's forum there!  Surprised he actually left it on the forum.  Made a lot of good points I thought and I can't really argue with much of what he said.  gn33 obviously missed his Range Rover endorsement funding last tour.  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1636 on: April 16, 2019, 08:43:46 PM »
Woah, that's some rant by gn33 on Guy's forum there!  Surprised he actually left it on the forum.  Made a lot of good points I thought and I can't really argue with much of what he said.  gn33 obviously missed his Range Rover endorsement funding last tour.  ;D

It's the tone that makes the music. Some statements which are true but the way he wrote it down is quite harsh and doesn't really create an atmosphere where people are going to agree with it.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 09:11:58 PM by holaknopfler »
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #1637 on: April 16, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »

It's the tone that makes the music. Some statements which are true but the say he wrote it down is quite harsh and doesn't really create an atmosphere where people are going to agree with it.

Exactly my thoughts when I read that post.

Love Expresso

« Reply #1638 on: April 16, 2019, 10:17:39 PM »
I can totally agree with it and think that this guy totally nailed it. (and no,  it's not me). This Gin shit is indeed the reason I am selling my ticket, or better, the (literally) drip that overflows the barrel for me. Pretty arrogant answer from Guy about that man in one of the later posts by the way. Fits perfectly.

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #1639 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:04 PM »
I can totally agree with it and think that this guy totally nailed it. (and no,  it's not me). This Gin shit is indeed the reason I am selling my ticket, or better, the (literally) drip that overflows the barrel for me. Pretty arrogant answer from Guy about that man in one of the later posts by the way. Fits perfectly.

LE

You are selling your ticket?  :o That i cannot understand. You are doing yourself short and MK doesn't care at all  :hmm so, why??
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #1640 on: April 16, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »

LE

Wow. That I can't understand why you would sell your tickets because of a bottle of gin..... Besides, why would one would post such a harsh rant at Guys forum? His headband isn't on the bottle is it? It's only a bottle of gin... It's not like MK is promoting alcoholism and anyone who says that he is I simply cannot take seriously.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1641 on: April 16, 2019, 11:28:49 PM »

LE

I'm also not a fan of this whole Gin situation. Even Mark himself admitted somewhere that it's a kind of a product for collectors to buy as an investment, sort of as his own Gibson Les Paul guitar. And if even MK admits it, why do it in the first place? I guess because he can't say no.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1642 on: April 17, 2019, 12:16:44 AM »

LE

You are selling your ticket?  :o That i cannot understand. You are doing yourself short and MK doesn't care at all  :hmm so, why??

As we say here: cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Not his finest moment but he's done much worse in my book and I've overlooked it in favour of his music.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #1643 on: April 17, 2019, 12:42:31 AM »
Have people ever considered that these little ventures actually might be to offset the cost of touring, or recording, because lets face it, artists make next to zero through album sales with the onset of streaming, and every other major artists ticket prices have become massively inflated in recent years. I'd be hesitant to judge any of MKs corporate activities without insider knowledge.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1644 on: April 17, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »

LE

As we say here: cutting off your nose to spite your face.  Not his finest moment but he's done much worse in my book and I've overlooked it in favour of his music.

:thumbsup    Nobody's perfect and MK is most definitely flawed.  It wouldn't stop me buying his albums or seeing him in concert, though. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:35:49 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #1645 on: April 17, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »
Yeah, the tone of that post was too harsh. I also agree with several of his points, but sometimes you need to put some sugar in it. Guy's later response was inappropriate, I think.

hunter

« Reply #1646 on: April 17, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »
Maybe we should remind Guy of this answer from 2010?

Q:
By: stephan martin
Categories: Miscellaneous
April 19, 2010 The tour is now well under way and still no mention of the traditional Vitamin G.– Are you guys feeling ok? 😉

A:
I feel great. Believe it or not, I’ve given up all spirits. The long term effects of gin are not to be trifled with, in fact I’m drinking a lot less. Fitness is very important and drinking just ends up making it difficult. No great loss I have to say.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1647 on: April 17, 2019, 11:45:00 AM »

Q:
April 19, 2010 The tour is now well under way and still no mention of the traditional Vitamin G.– Are you guys feeling ok? 😉

A:
I feel great. Believe it or not, I’ve given up all spirits. The long term effects of gin are not to be trifled with, in fact I’m drinking a lot less. Fitness is very important and drinking just ends up making it difficult. No great loss I have to say.

Good idea!  I'd love to hear what he has to say!     ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1648 on: April 17, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »

Q:

A:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Absolutely brilliant!

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
« Reply #1649 on: April 17, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
Other personalities also do it like actor Rayan Reynolds, but I must admit that I'm not a fan of alcoholic beverages, I think his son is in the alcohol business too, this would explain that, but on overall, it's a commercial approach thats it. I understand that it can affect some people and that it doesn't bother others, as long as he doesn't take a bottle of Gin before his show, I'm okay with that  :)

If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 43 queries.