Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #01:2012.10.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 78676 times)

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Re: Concert #01:2012.10.05, MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Canada,# SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
Hi Love Expresso !
Your comment are always welcome and they are often right ! as a fan, I just agree with you, those first version are not totaly elaborated well ! they need more work to be "Magic" !
and what will be this forum without your comment ! I'm sure it's just little storm that will go away ! don't worry.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

surferboy

« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »
Hi Love Expresso,

Given yout last post I have to tell you a few things:
please know that the thoughts you post here are really treasured!
Although I listen to and think about Mark's music almost every day and dig into it really deep, the insights and ideas you come up with on this forum are so enriching and broaden my MK-horizon very much (above all your contributions about the meaning of Mark's songs and words)!

And when you post an opinion that I do not share (like for instance your thoughts on the thread "Privateering after a month") I give your point of view a special amount of thinking, because to me it is clear that everything you say has a valid point that is worth to discover.

In fact you are among those core members who make this forum so unique, so interesting and so enjoyable!
So please: you may enjoy as many of Justin's shows as you like, but please don't even think about stopping to post here!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:23:14 AM by surferboy »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »
Strange thing...

I always burn my flacs files into cd directly with nero, and always worked as I have the correct plugin for this, but this time the cd only have very noisy noises!!!!

I tried to convert the flac files into wav with the nero decoder, that always worked for me in both ways, and again, the result is more noisy noises!!!!

I wonder if thats because of the audio format of the flacs made by soomlos... I mean the bitrate, as I never had this problem before...

Any help?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
Hi Jbaent. I had the same problem with both MK Canada releases. They seem to have a decode fault. I tried 4 different methods to either copy or convert, then tried "Trader's little helper" and was able to convert them to wav for burning to disc. I chose the highest quality settings and seems ok. I will confirm later. I'm taking Mk to bed tonight... ::) I knew you'd think the worst..... :think

SL1
PS
Thanks for the great job you are doing with the daily concert update pages  :clap :thumbsup

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »
I tried 4 convertors to get it into MP3 and the only one that worked was called Boxoft.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
Well written and said.

I am really astonished why I am attacked and offended since yesterday, only because I said I don't like these two YouTube clips??
Not allowed here? Should I re-think what I thought about Terry and MKNews and think that the worst thing that can happen to you
are totally intolerant and so-called "fans" and political correctness disciples? If I am not allowed to say what I like and don't like ABOUT MARK'S MUSIC, I think I better leave. And if I address a post to dmg in the hope that he gets my humour, it would be fine that anyone attacking me keeps this in mind before he/she recommends me to go to a Justin Bieber show...

I had to get this off my chest, sorry for making this thread uninteresting for all the FANS out there...

LE

Just say what you think LE and be proud!  Everyone else should remember that we are all on the same side here and just want a great, well performing Mark.  So let's just get together on this and maybe there is hope for the upcoming concerts or 2013 tour whatever your opinion is. :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
This converter to mp3 works fine!
And it's fast too!
http://www.flac-mp3.org/flac-to-mp3.html

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
Same problem here, trying to burn it with toast titanium with my old Mac. After track 3 I could listen to the tracks but muffled like having bad earplugs.
It is a shame to downgrade to mp3 and then burn it to CD but if there is no other way. 
I will give trader's little helper a go. Thanks SL1!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:11:26 PM by vgonis »
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »
Same problem here, trying to burn it with toast titanium with my old Mac. After track 3 I could listen to the tracks but muffled like having bad earplugs.
It is a shame to downgrade to mp3 and then burn it to CD but if there is no other way. 
I will give trader's little helper a go. Thanks SL1!

I use K Kitchen with my Mac.  A very simple, free app.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
Just listened to the videos above, and I both disagree and agree.

Redbud Tree is marvellous (one of my favourites anyway), and whoever said that it sounded exactly as on the album should maybe think about getting a new pair of ears?

On Miss You Blues I agree - plain boring. Even more boring than on the album, which is saying something.

Yon Two Crows, another personal favourite, I like a lot.

So overall, I'm very happy. He plays his new songs (which can't be taken for granted, see Krusty), and a lot of them. He doesn't look back. And the one song I don't really like is the one I don't like anyway.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:45 PM »
Hi Jbaent. I had the same problem with both MK Canada releases. They seem to have a decode fault. I tried 4 different methods to either copy or convert, then tried "Trader's little helper" and was able to convert them to wav for burning to disc. I chose the highest quality settings and seems ok. I will confirm later. I'm taking Mk to bed tonight... ::) I knew you'd think the worst..... :think

SL1
PS
Thanks for the great job you are doing with the daily concert update pages  :clap :thumbsup

Thank for both comments ;)

I
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »
Hi Love Expresso,

Given yout last post I have to tell you a few things:
please know that the thoughts you post here are really treasured!
Although I listen to and think about Mark's music almost every day and dig into it really deep, the insights and ideas you come up with on this forum are so enriching and broaden my MK-horizon very much (above all your contributions about the meaning of Mark's songs and words)!

And when you post an opinion that I do not share (like for instance your thoughts on the thread "Privateering after a month") I give your point of view a special amount of thinking, because to me it is clear that everything you say has a valid point that is worth to discover.

In fact you are among those core members who make this forum so unique, so interesting and so enjoyable!
So please: you may enjoy as many of Justin's shows as you like, but please don't even think about stopping to post here!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

As if I would really ever leave....what should I do the whole day instead...   ;D  BUT THANK YOU for your very kind words... I lost your bank information so if you could send them I will assign the promised sum...  :lol :lol

Now I am off and try to download that Guitar Stories stuff... seems to be worth the effort...

LE

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2012, 10:24:12 PM »
Listening while I write, halfway though. Man his voice is breaking much too often  on high notes or one breath efforts. And lots of audible guitar mistakes even to untrained ears. But there is excitement and a more relaxed feeling that , almost, makes up for these loses. As, I said, maybe it is too early to judge the album and the songs, but many songs really gain much from the production in the studio and they are bound to lose it in live concerts, unless they come up with different arrangements and ideas.

Thank you Soomlos, for this recording!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2012, 08:08:31 AM »
Take a step back guys, voicing different opinions is good, we don't want to turn this place into an "MK is god" snoozefest like expecting rain  ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »
.... But mark is god dusty, what are you saying?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 43 queries.