Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Songs played together by Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler during their NA tour 2012  (Read 49686 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Guy said today he doubts they will play together again and that no one has seen Krusty. He seems like a right Diva to me. So glad I'm a MK fan.

Just read that this very minute.  Unbelievable. :hmm
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
Okay, dmg, I see you're disappointed (and can understand it to a certain extent), but re: playing with Dylan I think the story is a different one. If you go and look at the posts on the Expecting Rain forum, you'll see that the Dylan fans are deeply confused and disappointed, too. My guess is that Dylan (not Knopfler) is having a hard time, for whatever reason, maybe he's unhappy with his band, his new album, his own performances, whith fans walking out ... Something is happening there, and I don't know what it is :-), but it's nothing good.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
One year ago, after a dozen days on the road, evebody, including our very own GF, had the feeling it could not happen. Everybody was expecting MK to play with Bob since Dublin.
So Guy doesn't see Bob. Was the same last year...  Of course Guy is a direct witness,  but Bob is involved... Anything can happen any time when Bob is kn the middle of the game.
My bet is it's gonna happen.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Okay, dmg, I see you're disappointed (and can understand it to a certain extent), but re: playing with Dylan I think the story is a different one. If you go and look at the posts on the Expecting Rain forum, you'll see that the Dylan fans are deeply confused and disappointed, too. My guess is that Dylan (not Knopfler) is having a hard time, for whatever reason, maybe he's unhappy with his band, his new album, his own performances, whith fans walking out ... Something is happening there, and I don't know what it is :-), but it's nothing good.

Perhaps it's the empty halls.  One of the video's showed Mark playing to a front few rows with only a scattering of fans.  Must be kind of disconcerting.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo

Perhaps it's the empty halls.  One of the video's showed Mark playing to a front few rows with only a scattering of fans.  Must be kind of disconcerting.

I wonder if MK is having a "it seemed like a good idea at the time" moment. I for one still don't get why he has toured with Krusty.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I wonder if MK is having a "it seemed like a good idea at the time" moment. I for one still don't get why he has toured with Krusty.
[/quote]

It sure is a puzzler, isn't it!  He could be promoting his new album properly and more importantly giving his fans across there a proper tour.  Instead, he's wasting his time, playing a 70 minute set opening for someone who won't even converse with him or his band! :disbelief

Love Expresso

I would think the 2011 tour was a big success and a big joy for Mark & band. If any, I wonder why he toured AGAIN with him only one year later, instead of promoting his own album... But really, I never thought that Bob Dylan could really have problems to fill bigger halls in the US or would get in trouble with the US audience response in general... obviously the Europeans are the bigger fans? Or are more tolerant??

LE

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
If there are many empty seats then it would appear it was a bigger success in Europe. Which surprises me as I thought Dylan was massive stateside. Maybe its the never ending tour. Or his, to put it politely, challenging live shows.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
If there are many empty seats then it would appear it was a bigger success in Europe. Which surprises me as I thought Dylan was massive stateside. Maybe its the never ending tour. Or his, to put it politely, challenging live shows.

Quite possibly;  too much of something, no matter good or bad will always lessen it's impact.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
I'll go for tunnel's analysis. Ask the guys who were there what is is like, do not judge using YouTube vids.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Someone on Dime left this comment on the Regina bootleg:

"Good capture on this one.we were there  sitting behind the soundboard in the stands and I must say where we were sitting the sound in the place was excellent for Knofpfler.I can't understand why Knopfler and Dylan did not attract a larger crowd than what was there though,there was nobody around us for at least a 20 foot radius. Probably only  enough people to fill up the Conexus  for this concert ."

Also, the venue changes speak for themselves.  In the clip I saw, Mark must have seen the empty seats in front of him.  Couldn't have been nice.

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
A sad commentary on the state of music here in the US...Bob just isn't urban enough to sell the larger arenas anymore...even Bruce has trouble selling out 25,000 seat arenas..let alone stadiums. At least PCM has had the intelligence to hold venue size down on Mark's last two tours here...around 2,500...those sell out for Mark and he's peering out into a crowded house.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:19:11 AM by Hophead »
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
OK, I think I missed it somewhere, but other than it being "hilarious", why are we referring to Dylan as Krusty the Clown?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
OK, I think I missed it somewhere, but other than it being "hilarious", why are we referring to Dylan as Krusty the Clown?

Hair

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Ah right. They are both Jews too, or at least BD was...
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 39 queries.