Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Songs played together by Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler during their NA tour 2012  (Read 49683 times)

Love Expresso

Someone brought it up in a first post (rail king? not sure) and the next one found it really funny - and off it went.... I think there is no other intension than just fun?

LE

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
I would NEVER have call His Bobness "Krusty" in the first place! But since you all do ...  ;)

And yes, the idea of the two of them touring together may seem somewhat strange now, as things are going (no interaction, no shared stage, fans walking out). But I still think it has the potential to be spectacular. I mean, these two happen to be my all-time favourite artists! They should just make a little more of it, and their fans could try and be a little more tolerant. Not easy these days, I admit.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I would NEVER have call His Bobness "Krusty" in the first place! But since you all do ...  ;)

It was I who started it.  Guilty as charged!

I mean no disrespect to the man at all,it came to me for the following reasons:

the Jewish entertainer thing
they've both been entertaining for a zillion years
the frizzy hair
oh yes, the distinctive voice
now what size shoe does BD take... :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer

the frizzy hair

All valid reasons!  :) And a little disrespect is okay, I'd say. You know, he tends to disrespect others, too, now an then ...

OfflineAl

• Guitar George
I love and respect Bob tremendosly. But right now i want to grab his thin frame and give him a good shake! He has one of the best musos touring with him and doesn't invite him even for one song?! I's like taking your ferrary for grossery shopping :disbelief

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado

the frizzy hair

When I saw the shows,  I was thinking bob was a Vaudeville clown, or a Kabuki actor.
This was before reading your Krusty the Clown statement, so I do kind of agree.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Pretty sure that, just like last time, no one gets to see him except for mk, whom he met with every day, for an hour....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
When did they first share the stage on the last tour? Luxembourg? What number (of the total amount of shows) was that? And what show would that make this time around?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
When did they first share the stage on the last tour? Luxembourg? What number (of the total amount of shows) was that? And what show would that make this time around?

The way Guy's speaking, the only chance anyone has of seeing Krusty is if they watch an episode of The Simpsons. ;D  That goes for Mark too.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

Pottel, you could have watched yourself, but I do you the favour:

First time they played together  last year was indeed at Luxembourg, concert number 12, same number as we had yesterday.

In Luxembourg, just to remind you, they played (on the same date as today, Oct. 21st 2011!!!) three songs together: Pill-Box, All Over Now Baby Blue and
Things have changed.

Then they had a day-off on Saturday and played Oberhausen where I attended the show, too and where they played FOUR songs, including Blind Willie...
But I guess you did not forget THAT....

;D

LE

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Pottel, you could have watched yourself, but I do you the favour:

First time they played together  last year was indeed at Luxembourg, concert number 12, same number as we had yesterday.

In Luxembourg, just to remind you, they played (on the same date as today, Oct. 21st 2011!!!) three songs together: Pill-Box, All Over Now Baby Blue and
Things have changed.

Then they had a day-off on Saturday and played Oberhausen where I attended the show, too and where they played FOUR songs, including Blind Willie...
But I guess you did not forget THAT....

;D

LE
No it wasnt it was Bournemouth, show number 7, 1 song, beyond here lies nothing. I was there.

Love Expresso

Thanks! 

My mistake: I was checking the few shows before, (#9, #10 and #11) and found no MK at the set lists. So I was assuming that they really started at the Luxembourg show.  ::)  But at AMIT mistakes will be recognized in a breath!!  :wave Thanks again!

Somehow I don't think it will happen again this time (Bob & MK I mean). There's no sign of it, Bob seems to be in Diva modus very strong this time...

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
it will happen...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
it will happen...

It doesnt matter if it happens or not at this point of the tour. If it happens, it will be great but it will be a shame anyway all this time Krusty let pass...

During last autumm tour, I can understand that Krusty is weird, and maybe he needed that some spirit comes to him in dreams and tell him he must invite MK to play with him, and from that moment MK played between three and five songs per concert.

But if they had a good time, as everybody thought, and they agreed to tour again... why they are not playing together since the very first moment?

What does Krusty needs to remember how fun it was, and that it was the reason why they decided to do it again?

Does he needs the past christmass ghost comes to him and whisper in his ear?

Does he needs that someone throws to the stage a wood cross with a MK pic attached to consider it as a sign that he has to invite MK again?

Bah!

:disbelief
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.