Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The tour ended - Conclusions  (Read 59666 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: The tour ended - Conclusions
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »

Maybe Mark should lose some of that belly and get fit, then he'll have a bit more energy on stage! ;D  Get down the gym or something.  I'm afraid that if Mark goes to the gym his favourite machine would be the vending machine! :lol

When you have as much energy to do all the things MK does, then you will be entitled talk about it!   :disbelief   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinenavgav

• Guitar George
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
Interesting point, Mark started to slow down and lose accuracy in his playing around the same time he started to develop a belly. Just a thought - as you get 'fatter' your fingers also get fatter and as MK is a finger picker maybe this explains his lack of accuracy? I agree though that age 63 who are we to criticise Mark's energy - he still achieves an album and tour every 2 years = remarkable!

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:41 PM »

Maybe Mark should lose some of that belly and get fit, then he'll have a bit more energy on stage! ;D  Get down the gym or something.  I'm afraid that if Mark goes to the gym his favourite machine would be the vending machine! :lol

Ha ha  :lol

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »

It wasn't funny, it was just tasteless and easy to make fun and laugh when you're only half MK's age!    :disbelief
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

It wasn't funny, it was just tasteless and easy to make fun and laugh when you're only half MK's age!    :disbelief

Get a grip, it was not tasteless and it was funny. Try going to watch Frankie Boyle live if you want to know the definition of tasteless.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »

Get a grip, it was not tasteless and it was funny. Try going to watch Frankie Boyle live if you want to know the definition of tasteless.

I'm not laughing!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »

I'm not laughing!   

I am!

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
When I saw Mark on tour this fall, he did not strike me as being

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
Yes, I agree Rkd, the paunch started to arrive when he gave up smoking.   I think he looks much better these days and I'm sure much healthier.

btw He does go to the gym and he plays tennis too!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »
Of course the vending machine thing was a joke (of sorts), but it does make sense to me anyway for Mark to keep fit, especially while on tour.  I feel it would make for more energy on stage.  The other guys do it down the gym, even Dylan keeps fit with his boxing which is well known to be very energetic.

I realise that Mark has had back issues in recent years but there are types of exercise he can still do.  I think pilates are okay and could even help him, but I'm certainly no expert!

P.S.  I think Guy said he gave up playing tennis (certainly while on tour anyway).
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:19 PM »
Guy said MK does pilates.

btw dmg, it wasn't the vending machine "joke" that upset me as much as the endless carping from people on this forum who are half his age or less, about his lack of energy and who are very unlikely to do a fraction of what he has done!     I mean, could you envisage touring for 90+ dates across the US and Europe for 4 months  to a different town/country most nights and then do a concert?   That's what I call energy!   ;)   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:38:14 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2012, 07:51:26 PM »
Well said, Val. I totally agree with you.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:58 PM »
Guy said MK does pilates.

btw dmg, it wasn't the vending machine "joke" that upset me as much as the endless carping from people on this forum who are half his age or less, about his lack of energy and who are very unlikely to do a fraction of what he has done!     I mean, could you envisage touring for 90+ dates across the US and Europe for 4 months  to a different town/country most nights and then do a concert?   That's what I call energy!   ;)   
its a brave statement to make comments about other forum members lifestyle when you know nothing about them, or why not be a bit braver and name them. Here the dangers of writing on internet forums becomes apparent. I find your moral high ground on Marks fitness tedious and weird.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
Oh I guess it is this time of the year people gather together in peace and loving feelings flow effortlessly.  ::)  All this talk  is really a matter of opinion. Everybody has one and also the right to express it. I believe dmg is just picking on you Val! Don't take it so hard!  Be as playful! Irony and comfy chair!
Of course we all know your opinion dmg, and although I can't follow your discussion ( because I have not heard all these lives or /and recordings, I can not have a solid opinion) I find MK's voice and guitar playing and his songwriting 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
Arghh!  We're missing the vital word from your post there vgonis.  Adjective required immediately please - post-haste!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.