Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350708 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #390 on: January 25, 2018, 11:12:41 AM »
You can also buy "tickets" to watch it online:

Official Simulcast Tickets

Tickets for the official Simulcast at the Rock Hall are priced at $26 and will go sale to eligible Members on Feb 13 at 10 a.m. EST and to the public on Feb. 15 at rockhall.com/ticketing. Outside of Public Auditorium, the Simulcast at the Rock Hall is the only place to see the Ceremony in its entirety, live and uncensored.

https://www.rockhall.com/2018-induction-ceremony-ticket-sale-rock-week-details#official-simulcast-tickets
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #391 on: January 25, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
Apparently we'll be getting a new diary entry and news on the RRHOF cerimony within the next few days. I don't know but I have a very strong feeling that Alan's band might have triggered off a DS reunion for the event. Without Alan.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #392 on: January 25, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
Guy on his forum saying he will have some news about the induction next week. :think
Probably they will be there but i doubt if they will perform.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #393 on: January 25, 2018, 05:41:37 PM »
Apparently we'll be getting a new diary entry and news on the RRHOF cerimony within the next few days. I don't know but I have a very strong feeling that Alan's band might have triggered off a DS reunion for the event. Without Alan.

You mean without Mark and Guy ?  ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #394 on: January 25, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »

No, without Alan.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #395 on: January 25, 2018, 06:23:25 PM »

No, without Alan.

I was just joking
But still, why would Alan miss this ? He's an inductee and has every right to be there without MK's approval.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #396 on: January 25, 2018, 06:25:22 PM »
Alan and Eddie fox are close friends, he will explain you ;)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #397 on: January 25, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
LOL I used to like Alan very much indeed. Still do as a musician though. Anyway, I don't see Mark performing live with Alan again any time soon.

What if Mark contacts the HOF and says that he'll play at the ceremony as long as Alan is not on stage? Mark can't forbid Alan to show up and grab his award but the HOF can't force Mark to play with Alan either. So, if you were the president of the HOF, would you accept Mark's terms or say no to him? I think it's a no-brainer, don't you think?

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #398 on: January 25, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
Since Guy is giving us the news i somehow think it will not be that spectular.
Or do you all think a DS reunion wil be published true Guy's website....

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #399 on: January 25, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »
LOL I used to like Alan very much indeed. Still do as a musician though. Anyway, I don't see Mark performing live with Alan again any time soon.

What if Mark contacts the HOF and says that he'll play at the ceremony as long as Alan is not on stage? Mark can't forbid Alan to show up and grab his award but the HOF can't force Mark to play with Alan either. So, if you were the president of the HOF, would you accept Mark's terms or say no to him? I think it's a no-brainer, don't you think?

Well, RnRHoF can't forbid Alan to show up either.
They'll probably try to arrange the situation between all protagonists though. But they can't forbid an inductee to show up. The no brainer would have been no induction for Alan.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #400 on: January 25, 2018, 07:30:01 PM »
Guy on his forum saying he will have some news about the induction next week. :think
Probably they will be there but i doubt if they will perform.

His answer was very neutral

'If you'd like to go then' buy some tickets. Sounds like 'whatever'

And saying he will give some news later sounds to me 'but you'd rather wait a little bit, I have some bad news but I can't tell yet'

IMHO MK fans shouldn't rush on tickets because it may be not worth it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:34:19 PM by Trawlerman »

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #401 on: January 25, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »

They'll probably try to arrange the situation between all protagonists though. But they can't forbid an inductee to show up. The no brainer would have been no induction for Alan.

I ask you to read more carefully what I wrote.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #402 on: January 25, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »

I ask you to read more carefully what I wrote.

And it's what I've done.
Mark is no God you know, it is RnRHoF rules.

Like I said in a previous post, Guns N'Roses has been inducted 2 or 3 years ago.
The ONLY members who were there were former members of the band. Axl Rose, the equivalent of Mark Knopfler  didn't show up at all.
Former members + a singer who NEVER actually played in the band performed that night.

You see, it will happen with or without MK.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #403 on: January 25, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
Oh god... did I say it wouldn’t? I asked if you, as the person in charge, would prefer to have Mark, John, David, Guy and Pick playing, as Mark could hypothetically demand, or Alan and whoever wants to join him instead? It’s not about rules, it’s an administrative decision. The HOF can do whatever they want, it’s a private organization.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #404 on: January 25, 2018, 08:09:42 PM »
Oh god... did I say it wouldn’t? I asked if you, as the person in charge, would prefer to have Mark, John, David, Guy and Pick playing, as Mark could hypothetically demand, or Alan and whoever wants to join him instead? It’s not about rules, it’s an administrative decision. The HOF can do whatever they want, it’s a private organization.

You give me only 2 choices
I'd prefer to have all inductees perform together because that's how it is supposed to be, that's how it is traditionally designed.
But it rarely happens to be like that. So I guess it doesn't really matter what the president wishes or not. At the end of the day it's the inductees choice.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.