Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 351427 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #600 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:58 AM »
My guess is that something must have happened during the years from 1992 to 1996. I think he came to some conclusions about his life. I guess he hates everything about how he was and behaved. Most people surely would agree that he was a real dick during his Dire Straits times. He himself will know it, too. Maybe some good influence of Kitty, also.

Everything that reminds him of these times maybe gives him a bad feel. That's okay with me. But as he behaved like a Boss and saw the band as a vehicle for his own stuff, he also is responsible for the testimony of the band. It's absolutely unprofessional to not even give a statement about the nomination. I don't care if he plays or not but hope he will not as it would be another cringeworthy moment, but he should let us know, and the RRHOF people also, and last but not least his former band mates. Seems a little part of that dick survived. The word Diva comes to mind...

LE

I agree that MK changed after he met Kitty, but MK a diva?   Definitely not!   :o     I think that the RRHOF is getting in the way of what he really wants to do - finishing the musical and the album!       However, a statement of his intention to attend or not would be good to hear.  Maybe we will hear something soon.   :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 11:11:21 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #601 on: March 12, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »
Exactly.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Love Expresso

« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:17 PM »
My guess is that something must have happened during the years from 1992 to 1996. I think he came to some conclusions about his life. I guess he hates everything about how he was and behaved. Most people surely would agree that he was a real dick during his Dire Straits times. He himself will know it, too. Maybe some good influence of Kitty, also.

Everything that reminds him of these times maybe gives him a bad feel. That's okay with me. But as he behaved like a Boss and saw the band as a vehicle for his own stuff, he also is responsible for the testimony of the band. It's absolutely unprofessional to not even give a statement about the nomination. I don't care if he plays or not but hope he will not as it would be another cringeworthy moment, but he should let us know, and the RRHOF people also, and last but not least his former band mates. Seems a little part of that dick survived. The word Diva comes to mind...

LE

I could write something like this if I knew Marek personally. A bold opinion

It's obvious that you don't know him too well as you call him Marek all the time. It's Mark. Mark Knopheler.

And please have in mind that I used "I guess" and "in my opinion", so it's all about speculation, but that's what fan forums are about, aren't they`?  :wave

LE

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #603 on: March 12, 2018, 12:14:56 PM »

LE

It's obvious that you don't know him too well as you call him Marek all the time. It's Mark. Mark Knopheler.

And please have in mind that I used "I guess" and "in my opinion", so it's all about speculation, but that's what fan forums are about, aren't they`?  :wave

LE
I understand what you mean LE and I guess there's something wrong somewhere in his memory about the time he choosed to put an end to DS. I don't know but his attitude now is a bit odd!!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »

LE

LE

All The Time ? Love Expresso is just a small mistake, one letter. Unnecessary malice
Clear as the day

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »

LE

LE

All The Time ? Love Expresso is just a small mistake, one letter. Unnecessary malice
Just kidding folks. Marek, lol ..

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
I think that the RRHOF is getting in the way of what he really wants to do - finishing the musical and the album!

Yes, how on Earth did they have the nerve to acknowledge his lifetime achievement right in the middle of making Haul Away 2 - the homecoming ;D
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »
I love Haul Away. Part two? Yes  :D

ps. I am a bit new here but for me too much sarcasm
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:48:42 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2018, 01:52:24 PM »

There can't be too much sarcasm. As with cowbell.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #609 on: March 12, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »

Sarcasm and Irony... two ways to face the reality of a MK fan.

;D :lol

Ps/ yes, please, more cowbell!!!!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #610 on: March 12, 2018, 02:12:44 PM »
I already know about it :-\
Clear as the day

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #611 on: March 12, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
In my opinion Mark’s attitude is disrespectful. Not getting up to play a song or two after crossing the Atlantic sounds surreal to me but it’s his choice and I respect that despite the incoherence. Now, totally ignoring his fans and not releasing any official statement at least explaining his motivations - or the lack of any - is just rude. That would be so easy. To all fans and everyone involved, unfortunately DS won’t be performing at the ceremony but we’re all happy to see you still care about us. Thanks a lot, have a good one. All said and done.

Not releasing any official statement ? You probably should wait a little bit before calling it disrespectful.
He'll probably write a statement, and John or Guy or whoever will read it on behalf of MK. Expect the classic thank you, he's honored but can't be there tonight and all that common boring stuff, nothing more.

Or wait... Did you people really expect anything else ?

I read about 'lifetime achievement', and I find it a bit exagerated. Remember, the HoF is a typical business thing that has little to no credibility compared to academy awards as an exemple. Besides, we all know what he achieved already, and he's not even done yet, so much for 'lifetime'.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #612 on: March 12, 2018, 05:02:26 PM »
Trawlerman said everything about it :)
Clear as the day

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
I read about 'lifetime achievement', and I find it a bit exagerated. Remember, the HoF is a typical business thing that has little to no credibility compared to academy awards as an exemple. Besides, we all know what he achieved already, and he's not even done yet, so much for 'lifetime'.

You are free to quote me. ;)

So Dire Straits isn't the biggest achievement, musicwise, in MK's career?

That's what I was saying. He is awarded for the biggest achievement of his career. I never valued the importance, or the lack thereof, of the RRHOF induction.

OfflineTrawlerman

• Local Hero
« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2018, 05:28:13 PM »

You are free to quote me. ;)

So Dire Straits isn't the biggest achievement, musicwise, in MK's career?

That's what I was saying. He is awarded for the biggest achievement of his career. I never valued the importance, or the lack thereof, of the RRHOF induction.

It is. Probably.
For us fans anyway ;)

But who knows really ? Maybe he doesn't consider it to be a lifetime achievement. Let's not forget he never really understood why he became that famous and that successful. He had to deal with that, and he called it quit not once but twice (1st time right after Brothers in Arms Tour)
Obviously he never asked for any acknowledgement, and we should respect the fact that maybe, just maybe, he couldn't care less.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 41 queries.