Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350733 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #855 on: March 20, 2018, 02:20:10 PM »
Those rules should apply both ways, please!

But...

but when someone express their negative opinions, are not telling the rest of people they can't have a positive opinion!!!!!!!!

But whoever that dares to have a negative opinion is said that its opinion is not right!!!!!

Don't press the exit button. It's me who is tired to talk to a wall.

Have fun 

ps: I'm not talking to you Val, i'm talking in general. You know I appreciate you a lot, and I'm gonna miss you.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #856 on: March 20, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
Thank you, Jbaent for your kind words.  :-*    Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere, except for a walk, ;D besides I know I would miss you all too much, even the bad times!  We must all try much harder to see others' point of view in future.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #857 on: March 20, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
:thumbsup

Why, when I see posts from you jbaent, I know that there will be criticism of MK

Exactly.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #858 on: March 20, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

Why, when I see posts from you jbaent, I know that there will be criticism of MK

Exactly.

Thanks for your great contribution to his forum with this post.  :clap It's only to provoke Jbaent. Everybody is free to criticise, but can you stop now with criticise fellow members?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:44:39 PM by Dutchessy »
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #859 on: March 20, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »

Exactly.

Everybody please forgive me but I had to say it...

Don70, are you idiot?

How old are you? 7 years old?

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #860 on: March 20, 2018, 03:02:26 PM »

Exactly.

Everybody please forgive me but I had to say it...

Don70, are you idiot?

How old are you? 7 years old?

Wow! What a comment. Thanks for a good laugh. I needed that.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #861 on: March 20, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »
If jbaent is criticising MK then I must be Mark's arch-nemesis lol.

Offlinewayaman

• Camerado
« Reply #862 on: March 20, 2018, 04:12:11 PM »
Maybe you don't know but exists another fan forum called Silvertown blues where everything is sun rays, blue clouds and love and happiness...

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Silvertown_Blues/index/

Some of you would really enjoy to be in heaven instead of this hell of negativity.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #863 on: March 20, 2018, 04:19:08 PM »
Maybe you don't know but exists another fan forum called Silvertown blues where everything is sun rays, blue clouds and love and happiness...

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Silvertown_Blues/index/

Some of you would really enjoy to be in heaven instead of this hell of negativity.

Of course!   I'm a member there too!    It gives another aspect to what is discussed here!    :)  Very friendly!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #864 on: March 20, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
I understand what you are saying, Jbaent, but please give MK recognition for his work with different charities.   You could have mentioned the RAH concerts in your post, but you made it sound as though MK does nothing for charity, when in fact he does a great deal.  Celebrities support charities in their own way and MK does it in his own way.    A bit more praise for MK would be nice to hear for a change!  ;)
I agree with you Superval99. Well said!!

Envoyé de mon Moto C Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #865 on: March 20, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »
Just back from John Illsley´s concert in Aschaffenburg. Although I know the answer from Guy´s forum I asked John about beging at the ceremony. He said that he will be there but that their definitely won't be a performance. He seems to be a bit disappointed by saying so. But that might be to much interpretation after this gig.

Infact he is not a bit disappointed, but very likely very disappointed
Perfectly normal reaction of John Illsley!! But MK is a Britton. They make a decision and stick to it!!

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #866 on: March 20, 2018, 05:31:24 PM »
Just back from John Illsley´s concert in Aschaffenburg. Although I know the answer from Guy´s forum I asked John about beging at the ceremony. He said that he will be there but that their definitely won't be a performance. He seems to be a bit disappointed by saying so. But that might be to much interpretation after this gig.

Perfectly normal reaction of John Illsley!! But MK is a Britton. They make a decision and stick to it!!

oh yes we do   ;D I'm the same ,a typical English reaction, im so so glad he isint going to the hall of fame stuff and getting back into doing that  straits stuff.
but at the end of the day i guess were all just looking forward to a new release and tour at the end of the day and enjoy seeing mark play and enjoy his albums, and he still with us and playing to a good standard  :) i know i am.

ive seen van morrsion and paul weller live the last few months and still not a patch on mark's talent.
 paul weller has lots of energy on stage but his other guitarist does the leg work for him, mark , Clapton, chris rea who have over 10 years on paul weller less energy on stage but play a lot lot more , so was great to see ,
mark wont ever be as quick as he was back in the day but for a 68 year old he can still play and produce great albums
and long may it continue, we all have our little moans about him , but we love him and love seeing him play live and that's why we are on this forum all waiting for this next tour and album!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:43:53 PM by crimmer »
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineDon70

• Banned
  • Guitar George
« Reply #867 on: March 20, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
I’ve been asked to leave numerous times and been called a hypocrite, idiot, 7 year old etc. All for questioning why certain individuals, who obviously don’t like where MK has taken his career in the past 10 years or so, feel the need to constantly post negative comments on a fan site.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #868 on: March 20, 2018, 05:47:44 PM »

oh yes we do   ;D I'm the same ,a typical English reaction, im so so glad he isint going to the hall of fame stuff and getting back into doing that  straits stuff.
but at the end of the day i guess were all just looking forward to a new realise and tour at the end of the day and enjoy seeing mark play and enjoy his albums, and he still with us and playing to a good standard  :) i know i am.

ive seen van morrsion and paul weller live the last few months and still not a patch on mark's talent.
 paul weller has lots of energy on stage but his other guitarist does the leg work for him, mark , Clapton, chris rea who have over 10 years on paul weller less energy on stage but play a lot lot more , so was great to see ,
mark wont ever be as quick as he was back in the day but for a 68 year old he can still play and produce great albums
and long may it continue, we all have our little moans about him , but we love him and love seeing him play live and that's why we are on this forum all waiting for this next tour and album!!!!!

Good summary of how a lot of us probably feel.  Who was it that said "Criticism: The Highest Form of Flattery?"  Can't remember right now.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
« Reply #869 on: March 20, 2018, 06:00:13 PM »
I’ve been asked to leave numerous times and been called a hypocrite, idiot, 7 year old etc. All for questioning why certain individuals, who obviously don’t like where MK has taken his career in the past 10 years or so, feel the need to constantly post negative comments on a fan site.
Most of those "negative comments" are just jokes. Jokes are good. Jokes are a sign of admitting our weaknesses (or those of the things or the people we admire), thus as sign of being open to dialogue.

I honestly don't see the problem here. Are we offending you?

The only problem I see is that every nice topic ends up on talking about "offending MK". Maybe Mark told you that he feels hurt by reading AMIT?

Sorry if I'm harsh, I usually try to understand opposite views of the world but this doesn't make any sense to me at all, unless if you're a teenager or stuff like that.
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.