Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350892 times)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
Re: Rock and roll of fame
« Reply #1530 on: April 21, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
Reading all this trala, I am quite puzzled really.
We have an expression in France that says "to be drowned in a glass of water" that seems to apply here.
Sure, it would have been nice to have MK here says few words for a reunion.
Sure, John did a really fine and classy job in an awkward situation.
But frankly...
What is the legitimacy of this RRHOF thing to dictate the future of an artist ?!
Out of proporiton....

Indeed.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1531 on: April 21, 2018, 12:13:36 PM »
God, I'm reading comments on mk.com ...

Offensive about MK on the official MK website? What's happening??? World and people... :hmm

Yes many negative comments
http://www.markknopfler.com/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/

This is exactly what happens when you don't show up and don't even release an official comment explaining what's going on

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #1532 on: April 21, 2018, 01:43:58 PM »
Tempete dans un verre d'eau?
(Storm in a glass of water?)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1533 on: April 21, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
Rather "se noyer dans un verre d'eau", when I read some comments :)

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #1534 on: April 21, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
Some of the comments on the website are verging on the ridiculous. I know people are disappointed but there is no need for that sort of unpleasantness. This is the problem with the internet and social media - people feel empowered to spout whatever vitriol they like behind the safety of a computer screen.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1535 on: April 21, 2018, 04:46:03 PM »
Some of the comments on the website are verging on the ridiculous. I know people are disappointed but there is no need for that sort of unpleasantness. This is the problem with the internet and social media - people feel empowered to spout whatever vitriol they like behind the safety of a computer screen.

That’s called frustration combined with free speech. I wouldn’t write anything there but being quite honest here Mark will never see my money again.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1536 on: April 21, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »

That’s called frustration combined with free speech. I wouldn’t write anything there but being quite honest here Mark will never see my money again.
To be quite honest I don't give a s*** about the RROH fuss and I'll be quite happy to continue spending my money on MK just like before, should he decide to go on of course.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1537 on: April 21, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
I couldn’t care less about the HOF itself. That’s not my point.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #1538 on: April 21, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »
Well I care neither about the RROH itself nor about the fuss about it - that's why I wrote "RROH fuss".
I care about the music, studio and live, past and hopefully future.
Rejecting Mark because of his attitude re RROH is as pointless as it would have been to reject Stanley Kubrick, assuming he would have refused to go to festival de Cannes...
Kubrick's movies will outlive Cannes.
Mark's music will outlive RROH. The songs will stand the test of time, as John put it nicely.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:18:40 PM by herlock »

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1539 on: April 21, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
Well I care neither about the RROH itself bit about the fuss about it - that's why I wrote "RROH fuss".
Rejecting Mark because of his attitude re RROH is as pointless as it would have been to reject Stanley Kubrick, assuming it would have refused to go to festival de Cannes...
Mark's music will outlive RROH. The songs will stand the test of time, as John put it nicely

As I have said many times here, not attending was not the problem. And I didn’t say I wouldn’t listen to his forthcoming albums. I’m just not buying any. I’ve been a loyal fan forever, buying every official album and VHS/DVD he’s released. From now on I’ll simply download everything.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1540 on: April 21, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
God, I'm reading comments on mk.com ...

Offensive about MK on the official MK website? What's happening??? World and people... :hmm

Yes many negative comments
http://www.markknopfler.com/rock-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/

This is exactly what happens when you don't show up and don't even release an official comment explaining what's going on

Yes, but from the 44 comments at the moment, 34 are from only 3 people.   The person commenting most with 18!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1541 on: April 21, 2018, 06:30:46 PM »

To be quite honest I don't give a s*** about the RROH fuss and I'll be quite happy to continue spending my money on MK just like before, should he decide to go on of course.

I'll still be there at as many shows as I can as long as I'm able and I'll continue buying MK albums, as usual, for as long as he is still active.  The RROF thing won't put me off one iota!   Otherwise I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face!  :)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1542 on: April 21, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

I'll still be there at as many shows as I can as long as I'm able and I'll continue buying MK albums, as usual, for as long as he is still active.  The RROF thing won't put me off one iota!   Otherwise I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face!  :)

:thumbsup  :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OnlineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1543 on: April 21, 2018, 06:45:56 PM »
Well I care neither about the RROH itself nor about the fuss about it - that's why I wrote "RROH fuss".
Rejecting Mark because of his attitude re RROH is as pointless as it would have been to reject Stanley Kubrick, assuming he would have refused to go to festival de Cannes...
Mark's music will outlive RROH. The songs will stand the test of time, as John put it nicely.

:thumbsup Mark Knopfler - Mighty Man

RnRHoF it's too small :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1544 on: April 21, 2018, 09:21:33 PM »
The thing with these pathetic comments on the official site is that we must bear in mind that we will hear most from those with displeasure.  Those people completely happy with Mark are unlikely to comment at all so we have a tiny percentage of dissatisfied fans complaining on there.

The only quibble I have is that he didn't issue an official statement.  Nothing to put me off at all.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.