Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Rock and roll hall of fame  (Read 350914 times)

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
Re: Rock and roll hall of fame
« Reply #1560 on: April 23, 2018, 03:55:28 PM »
Why no little statement?
If the real reasons are personal problems with Alan and David, then it is understandable to not drag them into the public light, especially given the private person Mark is.
If he would put forward other reasons people would attack him for being dishonest.
So remaining silent is probably not the worst thing under these sad circumstances.

Good point.
"It's a great honor for DS to have been inducted and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that voted for the band. Unfortunately I'm on a tight schedule with the musical and my new solo album so it will not be possible for me to attend the ceremony."

How is this simple little statement problematic in any way? It's just not and that is all that he had to do and avoid all the fuss that happened since. It's not about any specific person, it's not dishonest and it doesn't give any hope of an immediate reuninon and it's much easier to avoid the reunion or any other unwelcome questions later once the whole thing cools down. Even in interviews once he starts promoting his new work it will all be much less in focus and easier to deal with.

Staying silent probably just was the worst thing to do.

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #1561 on: April 23, 2018, 04:36:58 PM »
Did MK chose the best way? Probably not... But, come on everyone... no one is perfect! And as you all say, he is working on an album, does a musical and is probably even planning e tour (which, in fact, IS for the fans out there!). Last but not least, he 68 years old, what will you all do at this age? He could have handle it better, yes. But all these negative reactions are really not fair with respext to MK. I would even say that he could be as dissappointed in his „fans“ as they are now.

I also would have loved to see him there, or to read a statement or whatever. But I still love him as a musician and respect him as a human being, and RRHOF is really nothing that would lead to something different

Offlinevancip

• Local Hero
« Reply #1562 on: April 23, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »

"It's a great honor for DS to have been inducted and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that voted for the band. Unfortunately I'm on a tight schedule with the musical and my new solo album so it will not be possible for me to attend the ceremony."

How is this simple little statement problematic in any way?

Think about Guy heavily involved as coproducer, engineer, etc. I would read a statement like this as " I'm not attending, neither Guy is"
 It would be embarassing for Guy being on the red carpet while journalists ask him about this schedule, tight for MK and loose for GF
Just my two cents 

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1563 on: April 23, 2018, 05:20:48 PM »
Did MK chose the best way? Probably not... But, come on everyone... no one is perfect! And as you all say, he is working on an album, does a musical and is probably even planning e tour (which, in fact, IS for the fans out there!). Last but not least, he 68 years old, what will you all do at this age? He could have handle it better, yes. But all these negative reactions are really not fair with respext to MK. I would even say that he could be as dissappointed in his „fans“ as they are now.

I also would have loved to see him there, or to read a statement or whatever. But I still love him as a musician and respect him as a human being, and RRHOF is really nothing that would lead to something different

And I agree again. I see comments. Records an album, a musical ??? , Well, can't you take the day off? etc. Mark enjoy the silence :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #1564 on: April 23, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »

And I agree again. I see comments. Records an album, a musical ??? , Well, can't you take the day off? etc. Mark enjoy the silence :)

No, he's working on it more than an amazon employee
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1565 on: April 23, 2018, 05:53:28 PM »
Mark's new album's title has been revealed: Can Do No Wrong  :lol

Guys, it's not about right and wrong, black and white, peaks and valleys, it's about reasonability. Putting out an official statement is just... nice. And by doing so you're not automatically stating that the RRHOF is important, superlative or even relevant, you're just being... nice. People voted for you, the institution, like it or not, gave you an award that's meaningful to many people, lots of professionals involved in the process are working hard on it, including sound engineers and journalists, jobs that you're very familiar with. Showing them a little respect would have been... nice. Mark could've approached the whole thing with a royal attitude instead of acting like a muse. Kindness is the word. Did he have to be nice? Not really. But it's so easy and cool to be nice, don't you think? I'm sorry if I want my hero to be nice.

All that being said, I don't expect Mark to be perfect but the impression I have sometimes is that some people think he is. Mark Knopfler can do no wrong. Is it really that hard to consider that he might have dropped the ball at least once? Think about it.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1566 on: April 23, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »
Exactly my thoughts since the very beginning.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1567 on: April 23, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »
Mark's new album's title has been revealed: Can Do No Wrong 

Guys, it's not about right and wrong, black and white, peaks and valleys, it's about reasonability. Putting out an official statement is just... nice. And by doing so you're not automatically stating that the RRHOF is important, superlative or even relevant, you're just being... nice. People voted for you, the institution, like it or not, gave you an award that's meaningful to many people, lots of professionals involved in the process are working hard on it, including sound engineers and journalists, jobs that you're very familiar with. Showing them a little respect would have been... nice. Mark could've approached the whole thing with a royal attitude instead of acting like a muse. Kindness is the word. Did he have to be nice? Not really. But it's so easy and cool to be nice, don't you think? I'm sorry if I want my hero to be nice.

All that being said, I don't expect Mark to be perfect but the impression I have sometimes is that some people think he is. Mark Knopfler can do no wrong. Is it really that hard to consider that he might have dropped the ball at least once? Think about it.
Amazing how this death topic remains active

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #1568 on: April 23, 2018, 07:16:12 PM »
Yeah pretty amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

LE

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
« Reply #1569 on: April 23, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »

We're just rehearsing for the disappointment when the new album comes out.  :wave
Luckily I have zero expectations so that should help contain the disappointment somewhat.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1570 on: April 23, 2018, 07:29:52 PM »
Mark's new album's title has been revealed: Can Do No Wrong 

I don't think it's amazing. Perhaps feasible and predictable since it's literally latest news.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1571 on: April 23, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »
Exactly my thoughts since the very beginning.

Maybe because kindness is in short supply these days and we want those who we look up to to give a good example? How dare we!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #1572 on: April 23, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »
I think it's something deeper...

Guy Fletcher to the question: May I know, what was Mark honest reaction, when you gave him to his award from the RRHOF?

GF: best not

Mark on the site has always commented on current topics. It's something deeper. Why pretend someone nice?

But the link to the RRHOF induction and speeches are on his official website. Everything is mysterious...

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:28:36 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1573 on: April 23, 2018, 08:42:19 PM »
Yeah pretty amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

LE
Zzzzzz

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1574 on: April 23, 2018, 08:49:32 PM »
I think it's something deeper...

Guy Fletcher to the question: May I know, what was Mark honest reaction, when you gave him to his award from the RRHOF?

GF: best not

Mark on the site has always commented on current topics. It's something deeper. Why pretend someone nice?

But the link to the RRHOF induction and speeches are on his official website. Everything is mysterious...

Why pretend someone nice? What do you mean?

Mark didn’t have to list the issues that prevented him from showing up. It’s been very well explained by primi if I’m not mistaken. But ok, Mark can do no wrong.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 41 queries.