Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 293064 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Yes indeed there would be nice Customs charge on top and you would be paying for the knowledge it wasn't a genuine MK Strat.....When a few hundred pounds more would secure you one.... :wave

I think that we all should remind that fender is a mass guitar and industrial product and designed as it.

The real value of a Fender, unless you get a real vintage that has been cared after, is the brand.

They are what they are, basically good instrument, but let be serious unless Mark decides to let one of the specially built for him, a MK signature is not an exceptional piece of art.

OK for business better it is to have the Fender brand on your neck but you can get as good axes from other manufacturers, and if you can put some extra money get way better build than their "custom shop" by one of the many stringed instrument maker on the market.

The Point I was trying to make was that for me owning a couple of 'MK' Signature Strats mean's a great deal to me and I'm sure to the others who own them on this forum.
Totally agree with you that a 'Custom Shop' Strat would be most probably far superior with regards build but it just wouldn't be an MK Inspired guitar to me......
I think most people who own the MK strategy because of the MK connection.

We are lucky that they happen to be very good guitars, at least mine is.

If someone just wants a good strat then no doubt you could get one cheaper, either from Fender or Suhr or a load of other makers.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
For Sale: SE02903 (Approx 2006 edition) for sale from the Netherlands: 3,490 Euro (£2,992.00p)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Stratocaster-Mark-Knopfler-Hot-Rod-Red-1950s-Inspired-Sultan-of-Swing/283389375772?hash=item41fb52b51c:g:Yv8AAOSwxDxcbpHf

That is one expensive guitar.. I’ve bought mine about two years ago at the cost of 1600 euro’s. I’m still a bit bothered by the fact it didn’t have the original case and all of the candies. It only had the tags with the serial number on it. The plastic was still on the pickguard as well.

Still thinking about buying another one which had all the goodies, though I can’t be bothered spending more than 1800.

OfflineNelsonNichols

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello !

I used to be a MK Strat owner, but unfortunately had to sell it.
I now need to pehnq https://enfinmince.fr/phenq-avis/ find another one, but it's either missing or too expensive...

Help ! ;D

This Hot Rod Red axe features vintage body styling and pickups for an authentic Strat experience.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:11:03 AM by NelsonNichols »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Hello !

I now need to find another one, but it's either missing or too expensive...

Help ! ;D

This Hot Rod Red axe features vintage body styling and pickups for an authentic Strat experience.

They do indeed!!!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineOscar Rosende

• Guitar George
SE00083 - Spain

Headstock signed by MK himself in Atarfe (Granada) in April 2008.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
just in case someone  is looking for one (not mine):

https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/1630373980.htm/

1800 euros
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
just in case someone  is looking for one (not mine):

https://www.leboncoin.fr/instruments_de_musique/1630373980.htm/

1800 euros

Couldn't see anything about the SE number but wonder if it's this one on the list??

SE09712 - eric geneville - France

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

OfflineRickRadcliffe

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hello !

I now need to find another otc phentermine alternative, but it's either missing or too expensive...

Help ! ;D

pickups and have a current street price of just over 2k fender mark knopfler signature series stratocaster 0117800 815 owners list
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 12:25:13 PM by RickRadcliffe »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
it seems that aven Glenn Saggers wasn't aware of the Dakota Red models.

the "urban legend" claiming taht Mark asked Fender to stop the production because he would have seen the wrong colour, is false.

Poupystar was at the Luxembourg gig. he had the chance to go backstage and to discuss with Glenn Saggers who said the guitar was fake because of the wrong color !
Poupystar explained him the dakota red story, and Glenn wasn't aware of this !

here his the article, in french : https://i-was-there.net/2019/06/27/mark-knopfler-rockhal-luxembourg

on Guy's diary, you can see Mark signing the guitars in question : https://guyfletcher.co.uk/20th-june-2019-luxembourg/

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

yes these ones

on the left, the MK strat and the Martin HD40 are Poupystar's ones

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Woooohooo, thanks jf....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
on the left, the MK strat and the Martin HD40 are Poupystar's ones

the guy holding them is poupystar ?
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 37 queries.