Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292837 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
No.17 sold for a reasonable price, but like Dusty has always said they are worth what anyone wants to pay for one..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134161414018?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lBEH3D0nRvm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=FDnWw-_hRta&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Says listing ended but I'm not sure it actually sold?

The guy talks some rubbish in his ad, he has no clue if it was the first in the UK, or if MK specially selected tonewoods, lol.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
That particular guitar sold on the 16th July 2022...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
At the risk of turning into Quizzy, prices for these are now totally nuts! £3,750 is ridiculous.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
At the risk of turning into Quizzy, prices for these are now totally nuts! £3,750 is ridiculous.

Well, they don't do new ones anymore, so I guess price is only going to increase.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

Well, they don't do new ones anymore, so I guess price is only going to increase.

It's an interesting question. Same goes for vinyl records. The age of people who are interested in MK is going up all the time and eventually they will die off. Similarly, there is a lot less interest in younger people for guitars than there has been in the past.

So at some point, there will be very few people who are interested in owning a Knopfler guitar, or a Clapton guitar or a Jimmy Page guitar, and values will likely fall.

Same was happening with Elvis memorabilia but the recent film might reverse that trend.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2017/may/07/elvis-presley-memorabilia-plummeting-in-price

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

It's an interesting question. Same goes for vinyl records. The age of people who are interested in MK is going up all the time and eventually they will die off. Similarly, there is a lot less interest in younger people for guitars than there has been in the past.

So at some point, there will be very few people who are interested in owning a Knopfler guitar, or a Clapton guitar or a Jimmy Page guitar, and values will likely fall.

Same was happening with Elvis memorabilia but the recent film might reverse that trend.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/shortcuts/2017/may/07/elvis-presley-memorabilia-plummeting-in-price

It'll increase again once he's dead though.  ;)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

But that mint one is still for sale, so not exactly selling like hotcakes.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing

But that mint one is still for sale, so not exactly selling like hotcakes.

Which one?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Offlinefirmstools

• Guitar George

This has been said many times about my other passion, motorcycles of the 1970s/1980s. Like some guitars motorcycles of this era have shot up in value over the last few years, guys in their 50s/60s re living their youth maybe but will the arse drop out of the market when we are all in homes/dead?
I doubt it, there is still a strong demand for Brough Superior, Vincent Black Shadow etc and the original owners will be long gone, same goes for 54 Strats 59 LPs etc.
Quality /rare products will always be in demand.

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
The same with Mod scooter scene. Lambrettas and Vespas peaked about 10 years ago. The guys into that scene from the 80s revival are in their 60s and 70s now so demand has fallen for vintage scooters.

OfflinePeter1981

• Local Hero
Did you guys see Fender's new offering; a Fender Stratocaster American Vintage II 1961 in Fiesta Red.
That basically even more a Mark Knopfler strat than the official signature one ;-)

https://www.fender.com/en-NL/american-vintage-ii-1961-stratocaster/0110250840.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Did you guys see Fender's new offering; a Fender Stratocaster American Vintage II 1961 in Fiesta Red.
That basically even more a Mark Knopfler strat than the official signature one ;-)

https://www.fender.com/en-NL/american-vintage-ii-1961-stratocaster/0110250840.html

That's a perfect guitar indeed!

OfflineTomcaster

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
The signature model delivers his modern tone. The AVRi ii does the early dire straits thing. The difference is quite striking in person. The modern sound is fat and honky in the mids. The vintage sound is much thinner but more transparent to the note.

For those that want the modern sound I suggest to order a team built custom shop Strat. They still offer ash bodies (which are key to get the tone in combination with the TX specials). Note that ash is getting increasingly rare.

hunter

Beautiful guitar, but prices have gone through the roof.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 39 queries.