Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)  (Read 147670 times)

OfflineShai

• Camerado
Re: (14) Terminal of Tribute To (5:52)
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2015, 11:32:32 PM »
Love Expresso,

I know what he has always said. I am suggesting that maybe, just maybe, he was stretching the truth a bit, and deep down, he had his bandmates in mind. I am not saying its true, but that maybe, the thought crossed his mind. If it ever had come out in 1985, that would have split the band right then and there. Just a theory.

Saul

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »
The Doc has spoken:

Dire Straits Legends
Davide
Italy
31st March 2015

Hi Guy, Marco Caviglia is declaring almost on daily basis on the Mark Knopfler Italian Forum that the Dire Straits Legends are the only tribute band in the world that is authorized by Mark Knopfler. This is a bit hard to believe and is annoying the fans. Caviglia has written also that Terminal Of Tribute To can apply to every tribute band in the world EXCEPT for the Dire Straits Legends because they are officially authorized by Mark and they have his permission to do what they are doing. In one question: is it true that Dire Straits Legends are authorized by Mark Knopfler ?   

GF: Absolutely NOT. There are NO bands 'authorised' by Mark. TOTT speaks for itself. MC is clearly delusional.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
The Doc has spoken:

Dire Straits Legends
Davide
Italy
31st March 2015

Hi Guy, Marco Caviglia is declaring almost on daily basis on the Mark Knopfler Italian Forum that the Dire Straits Legends are the only tribute band in the world that is authorized by Mark Knopfler. This is a bit hard to believe and is annoying the fans. Caviglia has written also that Terminal Of Tribute To can apply to every tribute band in the world EXCEPT for the Dire Straits Legends because they are officially authorized by Mark and they have his permission to do what they are doing. In one question: is it true that Dire Straits Legends are authorized by Mark Knopfler ?   

GF: Absolutely NOT. There are NO bands 'authorised' by Mark. TOTT speaks for itself. MC is clearly delusional.

As I´ve mentioned before, Guy seems have changed from ambiguous answering to very clear statements in this respect.  :thumbsup

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2015, 11:16:18 PM »
I don't like this song.

The sound of beeping, emitted by some kind of resuscitation equipment at the very beginning, irritates me to the utmost.
And the song itself is a quite disturbing, it evokes anxiety dragging at heartstrings.
The chorus nearer to the end sounds horrible, as if they perform a funeral service.
Yes, I realize, most likely therein lies the intention of an author.
And still, in my view, that's just an overkill. 

But in spite of my uncomplimentary opinion of the song, I feel compelled to point out that this deed itself deserves the greatest respect.

Offlineaborille

• Local Hero
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »
The Doc has spoken:

Dire Straits Legends
Davide
Italy
31st March 2015

I admit that DS Legends behaviour annoyed me too. But in my opinion Davide's  statements are not true.
Where the hell MC is stating that DS Legend are the only authorised tribute by MK (on a daily basis, seriously?) Drop me a link, I cant' find anything like that.

It's strange for me to uphold MC, since in the past I argued with him, but we clarified then. Anyway I think it would be fair to clarify his real statements.
MC lately wrote in an italian forum something like this:

"no one of us (DSL) ever talked about a Dire Straits reunion. Things you read on the press are invented and adulterated. We asked them for a correction they never performed"

"DSL have alway talked about their concept show to celebrate Dire Straits music"

"DSL on their two tours, had original Dire Straits members in their line up: Pick and John"

Make your own evaluations.
Alessandro

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2015, 10:11:25 AM »
There are so many hints in the lyrics of this song that I am sure you are all right what it is about. Many of his songs can have many directions dependig on the listener, but this one is clear. Yes it is rude. But for once he is "angry" and kicks back in a both lyrically and musically fashion that hits his target spot on.   
Also the intro that has similarities to an AC composion as the one "The Visitor" hints at.

So many good comments and also info in this thread (eg possible reference to DK in Everybody Pays that I did not know of).

TOTT is the best song on the album. Regardless of AC or anyone else. Its a hit  :D 

Cheers Peter

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2015, 10:24:40 AM »
There are so many hints in the lyrics of this song that I am sure you are all right what it is about. Many of his songs can have many directions dependig on the listener, but this one is clear. Yes it is rude. But for once he is "angry" and kicks back in a both lyrically and musically fashion that hits his target spot on.   
Also the intro that has similarities to an AC composion as the one "The Visitor" hints at.

So many good comments and also info in this thread (eg possible reference to DK in Everybody Pays that I did not know of).

TOTT is the best song on the album. Regardless of AC or anyone else. Its a hit  :D
+1

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
Yeah, it seems pretty obvious to me that the reason the into of TOTT has that kind of creepy sound to it is because it a total shot at Alan Clark, who's most famous solo effort was the theme to the show "most haunted". Way to go MK. Good job putting AC in his place.

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Same here even if I find Mk's words very hard towards AC which made me feel a bit bad when I heard the song the very first time, I really think that it's a masterpiece on Tracker and I can only imagine that AC deserved that because MK would perhaps never have released it on a CD if he wasn't the first offended in this matter!! I also want to believe that MK is a Man with principles!! But maybe I'm wrong about him???!!!!!!!
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
Same here even if I find Mk's words very hard towards AC which made me feel a bit bad when I heard the song the very first time, I really think that it's a masterpiece on Tracker and I can only imagine that AC deserved that because MK would perhaps never have released it on a CD if he wasn't the first offended in this matter!! I also want to believe that MK is a Man with principles!! But maybe I'm wrong about him???!!!!!!!

He probably didn't write it in the first place if AC didn't behave this way.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
I think you are right Mojito. If MK was a man who wrote angry stuff all the time, we would not know the difference. But when he finally does, we look for answers and explanations.
I really hope we get it live. That would be brilliant. I think it was Dusty who at one point said that at a concert, AMIT´ers would be the only one knowing those "facts" and thats right. Nobody else knows or cares.
Cheers Peter

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2015, 07:38:43 PM »
That exactly what I wanted to say Holaknopfler but as we don't want to be always on MK's side I wrote maybe!! But I do believe deep inside that AC started this whole mess!!

But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2015, 09:35:00 PM »
good boy  :lol

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2015, 10:07:20 PM »
MK once paid a dentist with a bag full of coins because he thought the price was too high

it was in the 1990s

What a very good idea!!! I'll try this with mine next time I've an appointment with him!!! Don't think it's going to work!!! lol!!! :thumbsup

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »
MK once paid a dentist with a bag full of coins because he thought the price was too high

it was in the 1990s

Don't know the facts behind this but if it's true MK was behaving like a dick.

Imagine you worked in a dentist and a millionaire rock star walked in and paid in coins. You would  say "what a dick".

To be fair, MK often seemed like a dick in the DS days, another reason why going solo was a good thing.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 37 queries.