Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 612798 times)

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1065 on: July 27, 2017, 08:45:23 PM »
I think it's a compilation thing, Jubilee related... DS or 40 years MK songwriting, with many guests, maybe like the JJ Cale thing, and therefore takes it's time. "Different" could mean MK is just guesting with guitar or additional vocals on the interpretations of his work by others... The Killers come to mind, Tommy Emmanuel....

LE

I'm also betting on some sort of compilation release, hoping they'll finally release something from the vaults!

This would be very welcomed. Just listening to the 1996 version of Water of Love performed at Vaison. Great recording but to have a studio version of this updated interpretation would be wonderful. Portobello Belle on the OES tour was also a great update. Who knows.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1066 on: July 28, 2017, 12:02:37 AM »
Thinking about the secret project, I've been asking myself about one of the theories we talked about him, the possibility that MK is working in a writing music for a theatrical adaptation of whatever...

That would means that MK made the music but when that theatrical adaptation obviously will have actors singing and probably musicians playing MK songs, but MK won´t be involved in that representations. Would you travel to wherever it´s being represented to watch it anyway? It´s composed by MK, but he´s not there like he is in a concert, but... it´s MK material anyway and the only way to "see it live"

Just wondering about this possibility  ;D

PS/ I´ll probably would go, I´m such a freak  :P

I go with this one. It also explaines why other people involved in this project do not what this out in the public and with that i mean the ones also involved with this musical. writer producer director(s) to name a few. I remember Guy saying that this project has been keeping quiet because other people involved and by request of them not because of MK...........

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1067 on: July 31, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »
I have really lost interest in all this mambo jambo aka secret project. Mark rarely gives us what we want so I'd rather be pessimistic - or perhaps realistic? - so that I don't get disappointed when it finally comes out.

Probably another studio album, a documentary with great visuals and poor content and a soundtrack for some obscure movie nobody cares about. Yes, Mark made me become a bitter man  :disbelief  ::)

I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1068 on: July 31, 2017, 08:35:47 PM »
As long as it is no musical,  I do not care!!

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1069 on: July 31, 2017, 08:56:34 PM »
As long as it is no musical,  I do not care!!

*Mark releases a musical and doesn't care*

:lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1070 on: July 31, 2017, 09:05:27 PM »
Lolz...

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1071 on: August 01, 2017, 10:35:37 AM »
I have really lost interest in all this mambo jambo aka secret project. Mark rarely gives us what we want so I'd rather be pessimistic - or perhaps realistic? - so that I don't get disappointed when it finally comes out.

Probably another studio album, a documentary with great visuals and poor content and a soundtrack for some obscure movie nobody cares about. Yes, Mark made me become a bitter man  :disbelief  ::)

Why people think MK owe them anything? MK make "product", you like product, you buy product. He must thank you? You don't like product, nobody mak you buy product. MK don't care - always some people will buy his product anyway. And he make enough money from royalty so he not have to worry about sale.

Young MK will to never come back. Old MK is now and what you have. Take or leave, and stop dream and be disappointed.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1072 on: August 01, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »

Why people think MK owe them anything? MK make "product", you like product, you buy product. He must thank you? You don't like product, nobody mak you buy product. MK don't care - always some people will buy his product anyway. And he make enough money from royalty so he not have to worry about sale.

Young MK will to never come back. Old MK is now and what you have. Take or leave, and stop dream and be disappointed.

That's a bit harsh.  Mark built up a fanbase on music based on his unique sound with DS.  We don't have to go over that - we all know it.  I believe he does owe us because without loyal followers who have bought the albums, bought the concert tickets, read every article, listen to every interview and stick to his career like a limpet to a rock, he would be nothing.  He is essentially making music for the fans and to do what he wants and not bother about us, the very ones who made him, is approaching selfish.  Artistically speaking I suppose you must go where the musical path takes you, but at least try to find something for your fans.  We deserve it!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1073 on: August 01, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »

That's a bit harsh.  Mark built up a fanbase on music based on his unique sound with DS.  We don't have to go over that - we all know it.  I believe he does owe us because without loyal followers who have bought the albums, bought the concert tickets, read every article, listen to every interview and stick to his career like a limpet to a rock, he would be nothing.  He is essentially making music for the fans and to do what he wants and not bother about us, the very ones who made him, is approaching selfish.  Artistically speaking I suppose you must go where the musical path takes you, but at least try to find something for your fans.  We deserve it!
Not sure if he owes us. Thin thread. Nobody forces you to buy his stuff. So no, no obligations on his part imho

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1074 on: August 01, 2017, 12:13:20 PM »
I don't think he owes us anything.   As MK has said many times - If you can't please yourself, who can you please!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1075 on: August 01, 2017, 12:18:26 PM »
So after following his career religiously since I was a child for over 30 years it's goodbye and good luck if I don't like his stuff?  I don't think I could do that.  I've grown up with his music, it's really all I've known and I'm too old to change now.  Not that I am giving up on his music BTW!!!

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1076 on: August 01, 2017, 12:19:48 PM »
I believe he does owe us because without loyal followers who have bought the albums, bought the concert tickets, read every article, listen to every interview and stick to his career like a limpet to a rock, he would be nothing.

You are talking about "get life" fans. MK sell many more albums then only to these fans. MK sell many concert tickets, but I am sure most people who buy are not "get life" fan. These casual fan are many, but don't think about what to deserve or not. MK don't "need" "get life" fans. Come on.

Mark built up a fanbase on music based on his unique sound with DS.

MK was lucky (DS music fresh in disco time) and BIA and MFN big hit much thank you from new CD product. Yes, DS and Ed B. work very hard to market DS music and sell albums, but it is business, not charity or "love". They sell product - you like it? Buy it. It cost X dollar. If MK had only little success, he would do like David Knopfler: keep to make music but on small scale.

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1077 on: August 01, 2017, 12:21:44 PM »
So after following his career religiously since I was a child for over 30 years it's goodbye and good luck if I don't like his stuff?  I don't think I could do that.  I've grown up with his music, it's really all I've known and I'm too old to change now.  Not that I am giving up on his music BTW!!!

True is - MK can. And MK do.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1078 on: August 01, 2017, 12:24:52 PM »

True is - MK can. And MK do.

That my friend is true, and most of his solo career is testament to that!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1079 on: August 01, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
Sometimes people looks like they're being paid by Mark to protect him as if they're his attorneys or something :lol

Check Paul McCartney's 2016 Mastertapes interview on BBC, he answers this very same question... He said he's a realist, and he basically said that people have some expectations and he too have expectations toward all the other artists (!) and if he would go to Stones' show and wouldn't hear 'Satisfaction', he would feel cheated.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/-BBJ_kB8dEE?t=23m

But come on, Mark still plays Sultans and DS songs, he released Beryl which is basically a tribute to DS in a way... So, what to complain here?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.