Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 602274 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1080 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:18 PM »
So after following his career religiously since I was a child for over 30 years it's goodbye and good luck if I don't like his stuff?  I don't think I could do that.  I've grown up with his music, it's really all I've known and I'm too old to change now.  Not that I am giving up on his music BTW!!!

True is - MK can. And MK do.

That my friend is true, and most of his solo career is testament to that!

Lucky for me that I enjoy his solo career more than DS!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1081 on: August 01, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
Sometimes people looks like they're being paid by Mark to protect him as if they're his attorneys or something :lol

Check Paul McCartney's 2016 Mastertapes interview on BBC, he answers this very same question... He said he's a realist, and he basically said that people have some expectations and he too have expectations toward all the other artists (!) and if he would go to Stones' show and wouldn't hear 'Satisfaction', he would feel cheated.

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/-BBJ_kB8dEE?t=23m

But come on, Mark still plays Sultans and DS songs, he released Beryl which is basically a tribute to DS in a way... So, what to complain here?

I don't protect MK. Or defend to him. I don't like his thinking at all, but it is what it is. Some one on Guy forum posted quote from Pat Meteny. I think MK have same thinking like Pat say. I don't like it, but I respect it.

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #1082 on: August 01, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »
So after following his career religiously since I was a child for over 30 years it's goodbye and good luck if I don't like his stuff?  I don't think I could do that.  I've grown up with his music, it's really all I've known and I'm too old to change now.  Not that I am giving up on his music BTW!!!

Sry, but your story actually is the best argument for the opposite. You owe a lot to MK, while MK owes you nothing. He obviously contributed immensely to your life in a very positive way, while you contributed, if at all, marginally to his. 

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1083 on: August 01, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »

Sry, but your story actually is the best argument for the opposite. You owe a lot to MK, while MK owes you nothing. He obviously contributed immensely to your life in a very positive way, while you contributed, if at all, marginally to his.

That's interesting... It reminds me the old saying "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic". While each one of us personally contributed to MK's life basically nothing, as the audience, as this famous figure of 120,000,000 sales of albums, we actually made it all happen. Because of his talent, of course, but still. Imagine how he would build his British Grove studio on Mars ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1084 on: August 01, 2017, 03:25:13 PM »
I have really lost interest in all this mambo jambo aka secret project. Mark rarely gives us what we want so I'd rather be pessimistic - or perhaps realistic? - so that I don't get disappointed when it finally comes out.

Probably another studio album, a documentary with great visuals and poor content and a soundtrack for some obscure movie nobody cares about. Yes, Mark made me become a bitter man  :disbelief  ::)

Why people think MK owe them anything? MK make "product", you like product, you buy product. He must thank you? You don't like product, nobody mak you buy product. MK don't care - always some people will buy his product anyway. And he make enough money from royalty so he not have to worry about sale.

Young MK will to never come back. Old MK is now and what you have. Take or leave, and stop dream and be disappointed.

" He is essentially making music for the fans and to do what he wants and not bother about us, the very ones who made him, is approaching selfish.  Artistically speaking I suppose you must go where the musical path takes you, but at least try to find something for your fans.  We deserve it!"

Sorry, dmg, it sounds to me that you are the selfish one.    Why shouldn't MK write and play the music that gives him pleasure.   BTW he has found something for his fans - the beautiful songs from his solo career!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1085 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
I have really lost interest in all this mambo jambo aka secret project. Mark rarely gives us what we want so I'd rather be pessimistic - or perhaps realistic? - so that I don't get disappointed when it finally comes out.

Probably another studio album, a documentary with great visuals and poor content and a soundtrack for some obscure movie nobody cares about. Yes, Mark made me become a bitter man  :disbelief  ::)

Why people think MK owe them anything? MK make "product", you like product, you buy product. He must thank you? You don't like product, nobody mak you buy product. MK don't care - always some people will buy his product anyway. And he make enough money from royalty so he not have to worry about sale.

Young MK will to never come back. Old MK is now and what you have. Take or leave, and stop dream and be disappointed.

Oh my dear god, where the hell did I write Mark owe me anything? LOL

I'm not even going there.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1086 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Apart from KTGC and TRD (to a certain level) I love Mark's solo stuff. Yes, I think it's ridiculous that he avoids live DVD's and tours outside his little bubble but I've come to terms with that. I'm always looking forward to his new albums - and even to the blurry youtube videos from tours I never get to attend. My problem is with all the drama and secrecy that surround these projects. If it's so secret why keep dropping meaningless nuggets here and there? To tease us? Come on, we're not little kids, we are all grown-ups. That's why I said I lost interest. Not in his work, but in these silly games.

Anyway, I don't think I should need to explain myself but since there are so many lovely fans around here, people who I've learnt so much from, I am.

And please, dude with the rooster avatar, don't speculate on my words. If I want to say Mark owes me something I'll say Mark owes me something. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:01:10 PM by ed_raposo »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #1087 on: August 01, 2017, 03:58:21 PM »

" He is essentially making music for the fans and to do what he wants and not bother about us, the very ones who made him, is approaching selfish.  Artistically speaking I suppose you must go where the musical path takes you, but at least try to find something for your fans.  We deserve it!"

Sorry, dmg, it sounds to me that you are the selfish one.    Why shouldn't MK write and play the music that gives him pleasure.   BTW he has found something for his fans - the beautiful songs from his solo career!   

By that reckoning you too are selfish because you are quite satisfied so long as you're happy with his solo songs.  That isn't my opinion though - far from it. 

I didn't say in my comment that he was selfish, only approaching it and that he should "follow his musical path" while also finding something for the old fans.

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1088 on: August 01, 2017, 04:03:06 PM »

By that reckoning you too are selfish because you are quite satisfied so long as you're happy with his solo songs.  That isn't my opinion though - far from it. 

I didn't say in my comment that he was selfish, only approaching it and that he should "follow his musical path" while also finding something for the old fans.

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

I agree with you 100%. Does he have to? No. Would that me nice? Oh yeah...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1089 on: August 02, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
It reminds me when people don't listen to the new album until they get a physical copy. You're gonna listen to it anyway, so why not now? :lol
Same thing with the secret project. We will listen it eventually anyway, it will be on Wikipedia, on the website, here, there and everywhere.

Especially funny, if this project is not yet scheduled for the release, because it means we now have:

— new yet untitled album scheduled for completion in March 2018 (not release)
— new classified super secret project, and it will be released... or not, who knows?
— new Henrik Hansen documentary film with the live album, which can be released... or not, who knows?

Too much uncertainty here, what's happening? I can perfectly understand all the people who already decided to give up...

I bet it has to do with Dire Straits. Mark is going to resurrect Dire Straits in some shape or form for 40th Anniversary, and I don't think it's a good idea :disbelief

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1090 on: August 02, 2017, 05:23:14 PM »
It reminds me when people don't listen to the new album until they get a physical copy. You're gonna listen to it anyway, so why not now? :lol
Same thing with the secret project. We will listen it eventually anyway, it will be on Wikipedia, on the website, here, there and everywhere.

Especially funny, if this project is not yet scheduled for the release, because it means we now have:

— new yet untitled album scheduled for completion in March 2018 (not release)
— new classified super secret project, and it will be released... or not, who knows?
— new Henrik Hansen documentary film with the live album, which can be released... or not, who knows?

Too much uncertainty here, what's happening? I can perfectly understand all the people who already decided to give up...

I bet it has to do with Dire Straits. Mark is going to resurrect Dire Straits in some shape or form for 40th Anniversary, and I don't think it's a good idea :disbelief

I highly doubt it. I wish you were right though  :'(

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1091 on: August 02, 2017, 05:30:32 PM »
We will have a new MK album somewhere next year. We will also have a documentary with possible live album coming up and he is working on songs for a musical.... What more do we want? 

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1092 on: August 02, 2017, 05:37:26 PM »
We will have a new MK album somewhere next year. We will also have a documentary with possible live album coming up and he is working on songs for a musical.... What more do we want?

I'm happy with that, I just think it's taking too long...

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #1093 on: August 02, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »

I'm happy with that, I just think it's taking too long...

I agree with you on that. I think this musical is his first priority. For all we know the documentary could be finished and waiting for release. Because off the musical the solo album and new tour are probably for late 2018. At the best we will have a new tour starting in September 2018 I think...... But than he must let go of his usual schedule of touring...  :think
Worst case scenario is new album late 2018 and new tour starting in May 2019
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:03:04 PM by cannibals »

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1094 on: August 02, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »
I don't know what we want, but we deserve it now.  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 37 queries.