Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Back into the Studio very soon  (Read 601825 times)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Re: Back into the Studio very soon
« Reply #1095 on: August 02, 2017, 06:27:36 PM »
We will have a new MK album somewhere next year. We will also have a documentary with possible live album coming up and he is working on songs for a musical.... What more do we want?
Another tour, please!!!  And ASAP!!  :D :D :D
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Love Expresso

« Reply #1096 on: August 02, 2017, 07:08:19 PM »
About the Dire Straits comments, I really cannot understand why anyone would really wish to have one.. of course they were great, phantastic, legendary etc..but do you really really think Mark suddenly starts to play long and energetic solos again? I have the biggest fear he would do that... damaging and shredding the legacy...have you attended the Tracker tour?

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1097 on: August 02, 2017, 07:17:41 PM »
About the Dire Straits comments, I really cannot understand why anyone would really wish to have one.. of course they were great, phantastic, legendary etc..but do you really really think Mark suddenly starts to play long and energetic solos again? I have the biggest fear he would do that... damaging and shredding the legacy...have you attended the Tracker tour?

LE

Agree, MK can't play in a DS way anymore, better let them rest for good that relive them badly.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1098 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:22 PM »

LE

+1

But very not likely he will make something about DS. He like not to make celebration of himself and a past.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1099 on: August 02, 2017, 07:28:46 PM »

LE

Agree, MK can't play in a DS way anymore, better let them rest for good that relive them badly.

Agreed. There's no way Mark can still pull out those crazy solos he used to play back in the day. His latest versions of Sultans get painful when he gets to the final solo.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1100 on: August 02, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »
I think Guy again has become a sort of a culprit of his own greatness and openness, leaving so much hints and hopes, that fans just need some certain information. MKNews responded and the response was basically—just sit and wait and some vague release info was provided. For the majority of the people, "something is going to happen in 2018" is enough though.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1101 on: August 02, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »

LE

I don't agree.
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #1102 on: August 02, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »

LE

I don't agree.
Neither do I.  I am so grateful that MK tours and plays, and he brings the house down (quite literally in Paris 2015) with SOS.
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1103 on: August 03, 2017, 10:41:35 AM »
not sure if it has been mentioned before, but the killers collaboration will be released on 22.09
it will be called:Have All The Songs Been Written?
and if it is as good as his Dan Auerbach collaboration, i for one will certainly buying it
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #1104 on: August 03, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »

LE

I don't agree.
Neither do I.  I am so grateful that MK tours and plays, and he brings the house down (quite literally in Paris 2015) with SOS.

Yes, because we're all fans, that's Mark playing his most iconic tune and so on, but his playing hasn't been the same since the KTGC tour. It's pretty evident, guys. Still Mark, still got the touch, but very far from being that fluid, savvy and unpredictable guitar ace he was back in the day. His vibratos and bends are still there but the solos are inconsistent and even floppy sometimes. I like saying Mark's solos were like opera performances: the dynamics, the progression, the peak, the grand finale...

Having said that, he's still Mark Knopfler, meaning unique and pleasant.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:54:03 PM by ed_raposo »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1105 on: August 03, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »

LE

I don't agree.

Yes, because we're all fans, that's Mark playing his most iconic tune and so on, but his playing hasn't been the same since the KTGC tour. It's pretty evident, guys. Still Mark, still got the touch, but very far from being that fluid, savvy and unpredictable guitar ace he was back in the day. His vibratos and bends are still there but the solos are inconsistent and even floppy sometimes. I like saying Mark's solos were like opera performances: the dynamics, the progression, the peak, the grand finale...

Having said that, he's still Mark Knopfler, meaning unique and pleasant.

I don't agree he CAN'T, only that he plays BETTER now I would say. There is the huge difference my friend.  :wave

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1106 on: August 05, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »
Better? Different, just different. Not better.

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #1107 on: August 05, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »

not "just", it should state "AND* different"
 :thumbsup

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #1108 on: August 05, 2017, 11:44:58 AM »

not "just", it should state "AND* different"
 :thumbsup

That's your opinion ;)

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
« Reply #1109 on: August 05, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
MK don't play better now. You talk BS. Big BS. He is better musician and composer, but able on a guitar is worse. That a fact.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.