Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler 1958 Les Paul  (Read 68163 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Mark Knopfler 1958 Les Paul
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2016, 11:53:08 AM »
We talked about it when it was mentioned in the news I think two tears ago, that MK had bought an art gallery, it was even mentioned which one and where it was...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
We talked about it when it was mentioned in the news I think two tears ago, that MK had bought an art gallery, it was even mentioned which one and where it was...

I also remember that, but already forgotten all the details. He can exhibit all of his signature guitars there with the exception of a Strat.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »

Nice typo ;-)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »

Nice typo ;-)

Fat fingers, small phone

LOL

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2016, 01:30:28 PM »
https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/gibson-custom-shop-standard-historic-1958-mark-knopfler-les-paul-053/

Here's a good (and relatively cheap) one. As I said — the best version out there. Forget about aged & signed one, this is the real deal right there.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
Lovely guitar, still too expensive for me unfortunately
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
It's only me or he does look kind of baffled here? Like — am I playing my own LP in my own studio? Pinch me!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2016, 03:10:25 PM »
https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/gibson-custom-shop-standard-historic-1958-mark-knopfler-les-paul-053/

Here's a good (and relatively cheap) one. As I said — the best version out there. Forget about aged & signed one, this is the real deal right there.

OMG this guitar was up for sale less for a day, and it's reserved already. I wonder if this is the fastest selling Artist Series Gibson guitar or not?

Because the ones of other artists can be in stock literally for years.

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »

OMG this guitar was up for sale less for a day, and it's reserved already. I wonder if this is the fastest selling Artist Series Gibson guitar or not?

Yep, struggling to get one myself. World guitars, GuitarGuitar and Andertons all sold out.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »

Yep, struggling to get one myself. World guitars, GuitarGuitar and Andertons all sold out.

This is ridiculous. Clearly 250 guitars wasn't enough for people, they must either reissue the whole series or do a Standard MK Les Paul like they did with Gary Moore.

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:23 PM »

This is ridiculous. Clearly 250 guitars wasn't enough for people, they must either reissue the whole series or do a Standard MK Les Paul like they did with Gary Moore.

If they reissue it, I will never buy a Gibson product again as long as I live. I purchased these, in part, as an investment, and reissuing them would drastically decrease the value. I am hoping they go up in value, not down. It wasn't entirely painless for me to spring on one of these guitars, let alone two........

As far as demand, I have had more than one shop tell me they have never in the history of their business see guitars fly off the shelf this fast (actually, it is well before they are on a shelf).

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »

If they reissue it, I will never buy a Gibson product again as long as I live. I purchased these, in part, as an investment, and reissuing them would drastically decrease the value. I am hoping they go up in value, not down. It wasn't entirely painless for me to spring on one of these guitars, let alone two........

As far as demand, I have had more than one shop tell me they have never in the history of their business see guitars fly off the shelf this fast (actually, it is well before they are on a shelf).

It's highly unlikely they'd reissue the Custom Shop edition, since it's hand built guitars after all. But if they'd release a Les Paul Standard "Inspired by Mark Knopfler", that would be awesome especially for "poor" people and would not affect fancy Custom Shop instrument's value at all.

You may say it would not be "the real deal" in this case. But hey, even Custom Shop isn't the real deal, I think there are not many classic Les Pauls in their line and "Mark Knopfler inspired" one would perfectly fit. I imagine more like a plain top, less tigers on it, great wood, great electronics and it would be as good as Fender's MK Signature which is a magnificent guitar indeed.

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2016, 09:45:42 PM »

Congrats on the find! How does it play?

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »
One more reason why Fender is far superior than Gibson. Not only their guitars have a better weight control, stays in tune better, have a whammy bar by default, they're utilitarian as it can get, no fancy fretboard binding which makes fretjob much harder and expensive etc, etc.

Even when it comes to signature instruments they got it right. It'd doesn't need to be a Custom Shop, master built thing, just put a good printed signature on it, make sure it's up to Artist's standards, use good woods and materials, pack it up with an affordable price and BOOM.

That's why there are only 250 MK Les Pauls and 10000+ MK Strats. Shame Gibson. I love the company and own two guitars by them but hate them at the same time.

I always use this comparsion — Gibson Les Pauls is like the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, but also the dumbest.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.