Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK and DS pictures  (Read 306105 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: MK and DS pictures
« Reply #1545 on: May 11, 2022, 11:58:11 AM »
I remember reading, maybe on here, someone saying that they once met Rob Reiner.

They asked him what it was like to work with Mark Knopfler  ;D
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #1546 on: May 11, 2022, 10:20:03 PM »
Looks like he had a back stage pass around his neck.
Maybe his bus pass.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #1547 on: May 17, 2022, 12:45:46 PM »
7/5/22 Clapton at the RAH.

I couldn't in my wildest dreams imagine asking for a photo with Mark on such an occasion.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1548 on: May 17, 2022, 01:46:55 PM »
I couldn't in my wildest dreams imagine asking for a photo with Mark on such an occasion.

It's only me or does MK looks a bit pissed in this pic? Kudos to the guys who can approach him though, I'd never ever have the nerve to approach MK if I saw him somewhere. I'm so much concerned about my own privacy that I never want to disturb someone else's privacy even if they're famous. Or maybe even especially if they are famous. I think it was discussed here before, but my favorite part is when you meet a celebrity and casually talk with a celebrity as if you don't know who he or she is, I think it's awesome even for them.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1549 on: May 17, 2022, 03:43:42 PM »
I've never asked for a photo but I did bump into MK (and his family) on the street in Hay on Wye and I asked him to sign my MK strat so I guess I'm just as bad.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1550 on: May 17, 2022, 04:40:19 PM »
I've never asked for a photo but I did bump into MK (and his family) on the street in Hay on Wye and I asked him to sign my MK strat so I guess I'm just as bad.

I don't think it's bad, I actually think that I have some psychological problems going on, where I can't possibly approach people. Besides, Mark clearly understands that he's a guitar hero and changed the lives of millions, so getting asked for autographs and photos is a regular thing to him. But I won't do it anyway, haha. But it's also quite obvious I have a little chance to bump into MK anyway as I live in the 3rd world country :lol

hunter

« Reply #1551 on: May 17, 2022, 07:09:40 PM »

Yes. That is kind of bad LOL

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #1552 on: May 17, 2022, 09:15:18 PM »
I’d driven my wife and 8 week old baby 600 miles to see him, and carted a guitar neck in the hope of getting him to sign it. I had to make a split second decision to stop him or not. I kind of felt it was a once in a lifetime thing, bumping into your hero in the street so I went for it.

He could have said no but he didn’t!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1553 on: May 17, 2022, 09:27:37 PM »
I’d driven my wife and 8 week old baby 600 miles to see him, and carted a guitar neck in the hope of getting him to sign it. I had to make a split second decision to stop him or not. I kind of felt it was a once in a lifetime thing, bumping into your hero in the street so I went for it.

He could have said no but he didn’t!

I love all these stories, and how nice MK nearly always responds to these requests with dignity, making funny jokes or comments, he really digs it. I heard just a few stories when MK was angry with such requests, and usually, it was a situation when you clearly don't want to disturb people. In order to piss somebody like MK you need to be a grand champion of stupidity. That includes even working with him :lol
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:30:13 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #1554 on: May 17, 2022, 11:31:30 PM »
If I ever see Mark on the street, I will only come up to him if he isn't wearing those ugly trainer shoes he seems to use on every occasion.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1555 on: May 18, 2022, 09:26:28 AM »
If I ever see Mark on the street, I will only come up to him if he isn't wearing those ugly trainer shoes he seems to use on every occasion.

He's at the point when comfort is over looks, I guess. My mom said trainers are the best type of shoes for elderly people, and even some of my peers have a strong bond with trainers. I, however, never had a single pair of trainers yet, but maybe, when I'm 72, I'll love them.

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #1556 on: May 18, 2022, 09:40:22 AM »
I saw him in London back in 2016. We were alone in the street and I was completed paralyzed, when I  recohnized  him. But I enjoyed the moment and didnt ask for an autograph or pic, as I was too shy  :'  however it was a very special moment for me and I wont forget it  :)
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #1557 on: May 18, 2022, 09:53:58 AM »
I saw him in London back in 2016. We were alone in the street and I was completed paralyzed, when I  recohnized  him. But I enjoyed the moment and didnt ask for an autograph or pic, as I was too shy  :'  however it was a very special moment for me and I wont forget it  :)

I think this is a great point: even without signatures and photos is was still memorable. The photo or a signature will go on the shelf somewhere, to be seen once in a decade, but the memories are far better thing to own. And you certainly can't sell it on eBay :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #1558 on: May 18, 2022, 09:59:16 AM »

I think this is a great point: even without signatures and photos is was still memorable. The photo or a signature will go on the shelf somewhere, to be seen once in a decade, but the memories are far better thing to own. And you certainly can't sell it on eBay :lol

I have a colage of pictures framed in my office room at home, in which I'm with MK, John, David, Hal, Alan, Guy, Chris White, Ed Bicknell, Phil Palmer and Danny Cummings...

During years attending MK concerts, I was lucky to meet all of them, and decided to take the risk and having a negative answer by them, but in the contrary, all of them were happy enough and some even very funny and kind. Including MK, and I was lucky enought that it was before the times where he only possed for pics inside his car.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #1559 on: May 18, 2022, 10:12:12 AM »

He's at the point when comfort is over looks, I guess. My mom said trainers are the best type of shoes for elderly people, and even some of my peers have a strong bond with trainers. I, however, never had a single pair of trainers yet, but maybe, when I'm 72, I'll love them.

So, what do you wear when you go out walking?    I walk around 6 miles each day wearing trainers and if the terrain is going to be rough I wear boots.   I'm just curious!   :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 41 queries.