Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 114981 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2021, 10:51:06 PM »
Fantastic stuff Pavel, I'll take a look... :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »
Brilliant Pavel as always  :clap :thumbsup

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #287 on: September 24, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »
Here's "True Love Will Never Fade" for you. Just had one of the most inspirational moments in my time working on Mark's songs, hope it will make it into a good video. And it was one of the fastest videos ever, just a couple of days for learning, coming up with things to say, and recording. Speaking of inspiration, I still think that my main goal with my channel is to give people inspiration. From the emails that I read, from the comments I receive, I understand that I'm not a guitar teacher at all. And my videos are not "lessons", it's just me trying to share the inspiration that I took from 15 years of being a fan of this music and this is what I'm able to do and really proud of. I have inspiration in spades! And as Bob Dylan said, “The highest purpose of art is to inspire." Pavel

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #288 on: September 24, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Here's "True Love Will Never Fade" for you. Just had one of the most inspirational moments in my time working on Mark's songs, hope it will make it into a good video. And it was one of the fastest videos ever, just a couple of days for learning, coming up with things to say, and recording. Speaking of inspiration, I still think that my main goal with my channel is to give people inspiration. From the emails that I read, from the comments I receive, I understand that I'm not a guitar teacher at all. And my videos are not "lessons", it's just me trying to share the inspiration that I took from 15 years of being a fan of this music and this is what I'm able to do and really proud of. I have inspiration in spades! And as Bob Dylan said, “The highest purpose of art is to inspire." Pavel

I loved it!    It's one of my favourite MK songs and your voice was pretty close to MKs!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #289 on: September 24, 2021, 01:21:42 PM »

I loved it!    It's one of my favourite MK songs and your voice was pretty close to MKs!    :thumbsup

Thank you! I wish I'd had a deeper voice though, but give it 30-40 years and I'll get there :lol

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #290 on: September 24, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »
TLWNF - awesome Pavel, well done... :clap
One of my faves to play myself.... :wave

Might just have to record myself playing the MK strat along with your recording!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:28:33 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #291 on: September 24, 2021, 08:02:52 PM »
Wise words, true love will never fade! And here I am, screaming out some powerchords on my axe, because of limited talent. Limited time could also count as an excuse 8)

However, beautiful playing as always. Stick to it  ;D!
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #292 on: September 25, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »
TLWNF - awesome Pavel, well done... :clap
One of my faves to play myself.... :wave

Might just have to record myself playing the MK strat along with your recording!!

I'd play along with my own recording should I own more guitars, but I let this for others to do! :lol

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »
Wise words, true love will never fade! And here I am, screaming out some powerchords on my axe, because of limited talent. Limited time could also count as an excuse 8)

However, beautiful playing as always. Stick to it  ;D!

Thank you!

It's funny because I do nothing but strumming on my channel. Occasionally I'd play some solos or pre-written stuff, but generally speaking, my goal is to celebrate guitar strumming as an art form. And so it doesn't require tons of talent to strum some chords, however, it does require a lot of taste!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2021, 01:36:43 AM »
Guys, I'm not a fan of re-uploading my 7-year-old videos, but I had to do it because there was a major sound glitch on iOS/macOS platform that I have never seen before all these years, and I confirmed the issue through people I know and the problem was still here, so I had to reupload the video. That was the only solution. But I also managed to clear my copyrights issues and made an interactive tablature for my version. Comments for this arrangement are in the description. Here's the link to the TAB: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/user/tab/view?h=PRaddjeEXrIPxdnLR8umVnoL

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2021, 02:46:38 AM »
Guys, I'm not a fan of re-uploading my 7-year-old videos, but I had to do it because there was a major sound glitch on iOS/macOS platform that I have never seen before all these years, and I confirmed the issue through people I know and the problem was still here, so I had to reupload the video. That was the only solution. But I also managed to clear my copyrights issues and made an interactive tablature for my version. Comments for this arrangement are in the description. Here's the link to the TAB: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/user/tab/view?h=PRaddjeEXrIPxdnLR8umVnoL

Absolutely amazeballs!! Well done! Absolutely love it.... :wave :clap

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2021, 11:00:15 AM »

Absolutely amazeballs!! Well done! Absolutely love it.... :wave :clap

Thank you! It's an old video but it holds up pretty well. A lot has changed since 2014, but the song's still the same, and that's great.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2021, 01:13:43 AM »
New video: The Last Laugh. I'm a huge Van Morrison fan so it's one of my favourite MK songs for sure. It's very simple, but has some tricks up its sleeve, not as easy to play as it may seem! Very enjoyable to sing and play, so enjoy! Pavel.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2021, 12:01:56 AM »
great, Pavel  :clap
I love this song too. I remember an interview where the journalist said "this song as 'welll worked' arpeggios"
And Mark replied : "yes. For the solo I used the 64 strat, like on thr STP song"

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2021, 08:21:24 AM »
I can only echo the above Pavel, again you have broken down the guitar parts perfectly and given an in depth analysis to a really lovely piece of MKs work - Thankyou...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 37 queries.