Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New album release autumn  (Read 264418 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: New album release autumn
« Reply #435 on: August 10, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »
Personally, I would prefer the new album to be MK without any guest artists to dilute him, but obviously that's not going to happen!

This is what you said  ;)

I understood the same, but that could be because we are not English native speakers, so we could had missed details  :)

But where did I mention synths, jbaent?

Mmmmmm  :hmm

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Ps: Synths are good, we don't want Clapton!!!!!!!!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #436 on: August 10, 2018, 08:56:46 AM »
Personally, I would prefer the new album to be MK without any guest artists to dilute him, but obviously that's not going to happen!

I understood the same, but that could be because we are not English native speakers, so we could had missed details  :)

:hmm    :hmm  I don't mind synths in moderation, but no guest artists and that includes EC!   :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:59:18 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #437 on: August 10, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »
Guy was quite honest when he wrote (and I think deleted after...) in his forum that this album had "more", in reference to Tracker, and the fact that Danny Cummings was there and that Robbie McIntosh commented in facebook, when he was in British Grove, that he played guitar overdubs over some tracks with such great grooves from Ianto and Danny, makes me think that this time, Guy must be right about being excited with this new record.

The return of good old synths could be a good thing as well. And Jim piano all over the place made me remember about Privateering...

Probably the fact that they recorded it while they were also working in the musical made them go straight to the rock songs as MK didn't had so much time to go deeper in the slow ones... I hope so!

However, even I think that Tracker is probably, in my very personal opinion, the weakest record MK has done, I liked it and enjoyed it, so whatever MK does, I'm going to like it as well.

what I don't like is this delay announcing it and the previous announcement that the record would be out in Autumm. I didn't want to think that Autumm is quite general and can be any date until December 23rd but this delay could mean the release is going to be later than we would like it to be  :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:24:23 AM by jbaent »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #438 on: August 10, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »

Ps: Synths are good, we don't want Clapton!!!!!!!!

I've found the page about synths!  All is explained on page 24, message 350!     :)   Sorry for my doziness, Rail King, but it's a bit early here in UK!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:55:30 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #439 on: August 10, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
Guy was quite honest when he wrote (and I think deleted after...) in his forum that this album had "more", in reference to Tracker, and the fact that Danny Cummings was there and that Robbie McIntosh commented in facebook, when he was in British Grove, that he played guitar overdubs over some tracks with such great grooves from Ianto and Danny, makes me think that this time, Guy must be right about being excited with this new record.

The return of good old synths could be a good thing as well. And Jim piano all over the place made me remember about Privateering...

Probably the fact that they recorded it while they were also working in the musical made them go straight to the rock songs as MK didn't had so much time to go deeper in the slow ones... I hope so!

However, even I think that Tracker is probably, in my very personal opinion, the weakest record MK has done, I liked it and enjoyed it, so whatever MK does, I'm going to like it as well.

what I don't like is this delay announcing it and the previous announcement that the record would be out in Autumm. I didn't want to think that Autumm is quite general and can be any date until December 23rd but this delay could mean the release is going to be later than we would like it to be  :(

It will be a very long autumn...:(
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #440 on: August 10, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
I absolutely love Tracker but a rockier album would be very much welcome at this point.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #441 on: August 10, 2018, 02:27:28 PM »
I noticed that I have no expectations. Let this album finally appear.
Clear as the day

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #442 on: August 10, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »
I think the best we can hope for is they announce a release date early september.  I think the record will be in stores then the next month.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #443 on: August 10, 2018, 03:10:54 PM »
I absolutely love Tracker but a rockier album would be very much welcome at this point.

Me too!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #444 on: August 10, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »
I think the best we can hope for is they announce a release date early september.  I think the record will be in stores then the next month.

Very unlikely as long as they didn't announced it yet.

I won't bet anything sooner than mid October or early November.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #445 on: August 10, 2018, 04:35:26 PM »

They can announce a release date in september. That is possible or not???

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #446 on: August 10, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
Regarding Superval's «I'd prefer no guest artists», I tend to agree (even though you don't seem to agree with me about synths, Superval ;)).

Did I really say that, Rail King?    :hmm   :think    ???

I think you mentioned Coyote being one of our favourites - in spite of that awful synth trumpet. ;)

And yes, Jbaent, of course I'm all okay with keyboards. Jim is an incredibly musical player, and Guy, too, has created beautiful things on the hammond and other keyboards. What I don't like it the artificial (synthetical), soulless sound of synths. At least not in Mark's music.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #447 on: August 10, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »

They can announce a release date in september. That is possible or not???

I think that from the announcement to the date of issue of the album, you have to count about two months.
Clear as the day

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
Regarding Superval's «I'd prefer no guest artists», I tend to agree (even though you don't seem to agree with me about synths, Superval ;)).

I think you mentioned Coyote being one of our favourites - in spite of that awful synth trumpet. ;)

And yes, Jbaent, of course I'm all okay with keyboards. Jim is an incredibly musical player, and Guy, too, has created beautiful things on the hammond and other keyboards. What I don't like it the artificial (synthetical), soulless sound of synths. At least not in Mark's music.

Synths are great if used properly - which certainly isn't the case when it comes to Coyote, yes. However, organs can be annoying too, like that bee-trapped-in-a-soda-can sound from Beryl. In fact any instrument can sound good if well played and when the song needs it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:36:55 PM by Eddie Fox »
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2018, 05:35:12 PM »

Actually, it was the live versions of Coyote that I really liked.   They were much better than the album version imo.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 37 queries.