Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 162992 times)

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #390 on: June 20, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »
it depends whether the device you put the usb stick into can play flac.

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #391 on: June 20, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »
Leeds and Newcastle now up!

Well worth the wait they are too!

Listening to Leeds FLAC now, it’s superb. Sound is brilliant, really clear and such depth. So much better than the dross they released last tour.

Great to hear the WAM intro again; they’ve basically copied the format used for Auf Wiedersehen Pet! Which is definitely the way to go! Lovely sounding version of Silvertown. Even Piper sounds good.

Looking forward to Manchester coming out now so I can add every street and brothers.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »
6 new shows released today from Dublin up to Alesund, not bad.. must be a new daily record for this tour  :lol :clap

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #393 on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »
Does one of the new releases surpass the quality and performance of Leeds? If so, I’m tempted to buy yet one more....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #394 on: June 24, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
No, the new ones have lots of bass. I still think the best recording quality and performance wise is Madrid or Barcelona. There is always something wrong. I'm not satisfied with it but who am I.......
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
« Reply #395 on: June 24, 2019, 09:16:17 PM »
Perhaps it has been discussed, but I can’t be bothered reading 20 pages. Am I missing something? During the Tracker-tour all the recordings came with a nice guitarshaped-usb, but this time it’s being sold seperately? Why?

OfflineInakiEguia

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #396 on: June 24, 2019, 10:16:18 PM »
I just downloaded a Dublin and performed  my usual, particular quality check   on the recording. I was particularly interested in this one, since I attended the gig, and I can honestly say it's one of the best shows I've ever been to, in terms of overall sound quality. You could distinguish  each and every instrument  on stage, at one point I was just in awe (Row 7, center stage, I think it was)

Regarding the mix: Good mix quality. 6.5/10.   Doesn't do justice to what my hearing experienced (sonically speaking). Far form excellent (on purpose? Why would they deliver the best possible recording? aren't they experimenting with the mixes as well?)

But there is ONE particular thing that drives me mad (and is my particular crusade, apologies), and this is SPEEDWAY. Not the entire song, but the build up of the final burst, and  more precisely, how the BRASS SECTION enters the song to tear it up into pieces. Awfully balanced, THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS HEARD LIVE. There is no such predominance of the brass section at that point. Not at all. Money for nothing used to  suffer from the same flaw.

The thing is, I think they do it on purpose. 

Just my thought.

(Concerning band performance, a very good one, except for Once Upon a Time in the West).     

6 new shows released today from Dublin up to Alesund, not bad.. must be a new daily record for this tour  :lol :clap

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #397 on: June 24, 2019, 10:46:39 PM »
I just downloaded a Dublin and performed  my usual, particular quality check   on the recording. I was particularly interested in this one, since I attended the gig, and I can honestly say it's one of the best shows I've ever been to, in terms of overall sound quality. You could distinguish  each and every instrument  on stage, at one point I was just in awe (Row 7, center stage, I think it was)

Regarding the mix: Good mix quality. 6.5/10.   Doesn't do justice to what my hearing experienced (sonically speaking). Far form excellent (on purpose? Why would they deliver the best possible recording? aren't they experimenting with the mixes as well?)

But there is ONE particular thing that drives me mad (and is my particular crusade, apologies), and this is SPEEDWAY. Not the entire song, but the build up of the final burst, and  more precisely, how the BRASS SECTION enters the song to tear it up into pieces. Awfully balanced, THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS HEARD LIVE. There is no such predominance of the brass section at that point. Not at all. Money for nothing used to  suffer from the same flaw.

Just my thought.

(Concerning band performance, a very good one, except for Once Upon a Time in the West).     

Yea... after listening to some of the latest soundboards from today, i feel the same a bit...

my audience recording in Stockholm has a very nice bass during STP intro and SAN... I expect it to be better than the SBD as well when it arrives.. but there are advantages with the SBD of course, Mark's voice more clear, maybe his guitar as well...

But yes, soundboard or audience, it's hard... audience recordings can make all of it sound very good, while soundboards if mixed badly, like you say, make one disappointed.

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
Wonder why the intro to MFN in Ålesund is fixed? MK did a mistanke during the first notes of the intro, but on the recording it sound as it should... 🤔

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2019, 09:19:56 AM »
Does one of the new releases surpass the quality and performance of Leeds? If so, I’m tempted to buy yet one more....

I would be patient until the Amsterdam show.

From Guy's diary;
Luxuriating in our monitor mixes, tonight’s show was the best for me, and many of the band. The sonics of the hall do indeed play a big part in how things sound in our ‘ears’. Judging by early reports from the audience, the two go hand in hand.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #400 on: June 25, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »

Just my thought.

Are the people who are supplying the downloads just doing it as a job? or do they care about the music? and in particular Mark's music? If they are just doing a job, I would argue that their quality control need looking at. They certainly have the time to get in correct, but if Mark is just one of many artists they are serving, maybe it doesn't help.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineInakiEguia

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #401 on: June 25, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »

Just my thought.

Are the people who are supplying the downloads just doing it as a job? or do they care about the music? and in particular Mark's music? If they are just doing a job, I would argue that their quality control need looking at. They certainly have the time to get in correct, but if Mark is just one of many artists they are serving, maybe it doesn't help.

The absence of variations in the setlist should definitely be of help. Attending the gigs, also. I just don't want to think that, for example, the Milan concert  was a free interpretation of somebody who was handed raw recordings or a pre-mix, or whatever, and has not been present in any  gig.  That would certainly explain it. ( Oh, Money for nothing: guitar, loud. Cowbell, hilarious, I like that. Oh, here they come, trumpets and saxophone, full volume) Just sickens me.       

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #402 on: June 25, 2019, 01:22:16 PM »
Wonder why the intro to MFN in Ålesund is fixed? MK did a mistanke during the first notes of the intro, but on the recording it sound as it should... 🤔

You have to ask yourself just how it was fixed.  Did they just paste in the intro from another show?  It's really false advertising; we aren't getting what we paid for.  It's all part of the live experience, warts and all.  Good job he isn't doing Sultans this tour!  :o
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »
they are probably not selling that many that they are going exert that much effort in them.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #404 on: June 25, 2019, 04:08:40 PM »

You have to ask yourself just how it was fixed.  Did they just paste in the intro from another show?  It's really false advertising; we aren't getting what we paid for.  It's all part of the live experience, warts and all.  Good job he isn't doing Sultans this tour!  :o

Agreed, those mistakes should have been left un-edited. As you said part of live experience and just confirmation the man is getting older...

Now we don't know if more shows might be edited too or not.. ??? :disbelief

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.