Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #16 DTRW TOUR - May 18 2019 - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 33946 times)

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
Superb concert tonight, marks playing the best I've seen from the tour so far, very relaxed and fluid , love the setlist loving this tour so much

Amazing show tonight. Mark on top form. I’d say best show I’ve seen since Manchester 2001 (and I’ve been to every tour). Mark said he thinks he should retire (booooos from the audience) but he loves making music too much and of course seeing you guys (huge cheers)!
Fingers crossed hey!

So looking forward to RAH on Tuesday ...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Hi all!    Fantastic time last night and MK was in a very good mood and playing very well.   Met up with the amiters, Ingrid, dmg, Knopflerfan and Mrs Knopflerfan, crimmer, Tunnel85 and Millionaire Blues before the show for a bite and a drink or two!

I loved the show and the set list worked well for me.  I enjoyed everything, but I do think that it would be better without the trumpet, which seemed very raspy and sometimes out of tune.   I liked the sax player, though.

I was on the 8th row in the middle and had decided not to make a run for the stage after Speedway, but when the time came and I saw Ingrid and dmg at the rail, I knew I just had to go to the front!   It was amazing, listening to MFN and everyone was standing and clapping!
At the end, when MK was waving goodbye, I blew him a kiss and he looked straight at me and gave me the sweetest smile!

One thing, though, I think Piper would be better as it was previously, without the brassies!   It was always perfect for me before with just MK playing the end solo.    I know it's a bigger band now, but everyone doesn't have to play on every song.  Sometimes less is more!

Just one more thing, the First Direct Arena in Leeds is pretty new and when MK was speaking there was a noticeable echo off the walls which was a bit unsettling.  I don't know how it would sound on a usb stick.

Off to Newcastle today where I'm hoping for BIA and, maybe, something new.   More from me later.....

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:38:21 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Great report Val, I am glad from the view reviews I have read, that Mark's playing is getting better and better, I thought with the early shows it was just him being rusty, now he has a number of shows under his belt, he is getting into things :thumbsup Lucky you to get a sweet smile from Mark too.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
Re new stuff. Probably was unlikely at Leeds as the kit all set off in the truck yet the band didn’t jump on the plane until show day.

I was sat in block 103. Not sure if they’ve changed the mix but the brass section wasn’t overpowering where I was - on speedway you could barely hear them so didn’t detract from enjoying the song. I liked hearing them on Piper and Going Home.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I had a great time. MK in very good mood. Band and MK in much better shape than Barcelona. Going to Newcastle now 😀 Val said it all, No additions needed

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Great guys ! Even dmg seems happy, that says it all :)
Can't wait till RAH !

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Can't wait till RAH !

We all had huge smiles on our faces last night! MK was epic last night...cannot add anything else to what Superval or Ingridswing has said! Roll on Birmingham now...

Only I'm still not keen on the Brassies. ..ruined Piper for me...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Can't wait till RAH !

We all had huge smiles on our faces last night! MK was epic last night...cannot add anything else to what Superval or Ingridswing has said! Roll on Birmingham now...

Only I'm still not keen on the Brassies. ..ruined Piper for me...
Great on WAM though...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Indeed they are! A real show opener!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
Indeed they are! A real show opener!!!

On yes i love it !!
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I read your comments with a lot of envy. I should had been there and I'm reading you from my family commitment and wish I could had been there with you...

Had a great time in Newcastle!

Looking forward Wednesday at London.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Five of my videos from last night...and check out my channel for a few Knopfler 'rarities'

'Sailing to Philadelphia'

Once upon a time in the West'

'My Bacon Roll'

'Matchstick Man'

'Silvertown Blues'
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:59:31 PM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Listening to Silvertown Blues from the album I have never heard the keys like this before. Guy Fletcher creates a disturbing atmosphere like Angelo Badalamenti :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:41:58 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Silvertown is the highlight of the concert for me. Really love it
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 37 queries.