Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #86 DTRW TOUR - Sep 25 2019 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, US(w.Bonnie Raitt)  (Read 118213 times)

hunter

Cool version of the John Hiatt song. Great slide playing, and great guitar tone. Mark, pay attention.

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Was a pleasure to be there. Wanted a better streaming, with a special camera I have for that, but a chinese piece in the chain broke, so I had to use plan B, which ended in a burned image, but a stable connection and great sound. It was a dream to be 2nd row centered. My pals also had problems. All in all, I´m happy that people from far away could watch it live. Tatito now means a lot for so much fans.

Hope to upload my audio recording today or tomorrow.

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
Funny moment in WAM when Mark sung "Germany is chemical free" and then he looked over to his right and smiled!  :lol

From the videos I've heard this was a distinct step down from the excellent recent shows.  Going Home and StP were pretty rough for example.  I think Mark had his mind on holiday already.
dmg, you were not there, right ?
I was there... and I can ensure you that this was a hell of a show. Mark was rested, in a very good mood, and played very well with a lot of emotion. SAN and MFN solos were incredibly powerful. My only complain (save for WIG  which was not at all what I had hoped for) is that John's violin was unplugged at the beginning of SAN, so the violin intro could not be heard. Otherwise it was perfect...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:07:41 PM by herlock »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Funny moment in WAM when Mark sung "Germany is chemical free" and then he looked over to his right and smiled!  :lol

From the videos I've heard this was a distinct step down from the excellent recent shows.  Going Home and StP were pretty rough for example.  I think Mark had his mind on holiday already.
dmg, you were not there, right ?
I was there... and I can ensure you that this was a hell of a show. Mark was rested, in a very good mood, and played very well with a lot of emotion. SAN and MFN solos were incredibly powerful. My only complain (save for WIG  which was not at all what I had hoped for) is that John's violin was unplugged at the beginning of SAN, so the violin intro could not be heard. Otherwise it was perfect...

Correct, I wasn't there.  I can hear when he isn't playing as well as at other shows, without having to attend every show thanks to YouTube.  As I said it wasn't a bad performance per se, but a few songs had been played better at recent shows IMHO.  :)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:34:27 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineR1972

• Guitar George
I have question that someone might help me with. Although I attended three USA concerts
Wolftrap, Grand P and MSG - all great) I bought resale tickets so I of course, I will not be getting a free CD.
The deluxe DTRW CD is sold out on MarkKnoplfer.com.
 Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Thanks!

Offlinejbanik

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
I have question that someone might help me with. Although I attended three USA concerts
Wolftrap, Grand P and MSG - all great) I bought resale tickets so I of course, I will not be getting a free CD.
The deluxe DTRW CD is sold out on MarkKnoplfer.com.
 Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Thanks!

It's available on Amazon (although not Prime Eligible): https://www.amazon.com/Down-Road-Wherever-Deluxe-Knopfler/dp/B07GR89ZJG/ref=sr_1_1?crid=24DS61IE5MZ75&keywords=down+the+road+wherever+deluxe+cd&qid=1569969501&sprefix=down+the+road+wherever+%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-1

Also, I should add that, there are three bonus tracks, which are not included in this deluxe CD. Those are available only in the special box set vinyl LP. However, you will find those songs easily on Youtube.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 12:43:13 AM by jbanik »

Offlinezigner

• Guitar George
There are a few posts speculating at the attendance for this show.   I mentioned that I could see a few thousand empty seats in an earlier post.  But, there is a more concrete estimate, as both Guy's and Richard's blogs both quote 11,000 as the attendance number.   MSG holds about 19,750 max for a concert, including the seats behind the stage.   I've never seen a capacity number quoted for concert seating excluding the seats behind the stage, but a guess would be about 15,000.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:45:59 PM by zigner »

OfflineR1972

• Guitar George
To jbanik- Thank you  for the link but...
Some sweetheart over at MK.com must have seen my post because I was just sent a complimentary code for DTRW!
Thanks so much for that, it was terribly kind.

I have been thinking about all of you out there with Mark Knopfler withdrawal symptoms. No more nightly concerts to watch and blogs to read. No more looking up last minute plane fares, and trying to find decent resale tickets for just 'one more show.'
I counted enough USA concerts to figure at least 200,000 attendees. Probably more.

Out of that number I suspect at least half would have willingly chased the jet down the runway at JFK screaming, "Stop the plane!" if you thought it would keep him here. (Just kidding.)

Anyway I found this video link in my pile I have saved. Many probably have already seen it, from 2016 Bill Wyman BD party in London. A classic.
May it make you smile, as a new song you haven't perhaps heard; always helps- especially a "ruffle."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 09:22:07 PM by R1972 »

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
What the heck! I had not seen that video from Bill Wyman’s party before. That was friggin awesome! I haven’t really seen Mark play guitar like that for a while. Great video! Thanks!

Offlinecommunique

• Local Hero
Holy smokes! MK was on fire that night. Thanks for posting! Got anything else?

OfflineR1972

• Guitar George
There are 1 or 2 more from that same night you can find. Google or youtube.

As for others one of my favorite performances is
Gravy Train !! - What a night that would have been, to be there.
And the lyrics are  hilarious.

Second:
Enjoy this, the full TV performance and conversation on the Imus in The Morning show-
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:20:12 AM by R1972 »

hunter

To jbanik- Thank you  for the link but...
Some sweetheart over at MK.com must have seen my post because I was just sent a complimentary code for DTRW!
Thanks so much for that, it was terribly kind.

I have been thinking about all of you out there with Mark Knopfler withdrawal symptoms. No more nightly concerts to watch and blogs to read. No more looking up last minute plane fares, and trying to find decent resale tickets for just 'one more show.'
I counted enough USA concerts to figure at least 200,000 attendees. Probably more.

Out of that number I suspect at least half would have willingly chased the jet down the runway at JFK screaming, "Stop the plane!" if you thought it would keep him here. (Just kidding.)

Anyway I found this video link in my pile I have saved. Many probably have already seen it, from 2016 Bill Wayman BD party in London. A classic.
May it make you smile, as a new song you haven't perhaps heard; always helps- especially a "ruffle."

I mentioned this clip in a different thread. Mark may not be in a good enough shape to pull off convincing renditions of Telegraph Road and Sultans, but this stuff is clearly within his comfort zone. I definitely wish he'd played more stuff like this during the tour.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Yes, I had forgotton how good Playtime Deluxe was, it could have been on Down The Road Wherever.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineneco

• Camerado
I also dumped my recording of "Wherever I Go" onto Soundcloud for the "listener types".

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver/mark-knopfler-ft-bonnie-raitt-wherever-i-go-2019-09-25-msg-ny-ny

Nice sound! Did you record more songs of the concerts? Would love to hear it  :)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
I also dumped my recording of "Wherever I Go" onto Soundcloud for the "listener types".

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver/mark-knopfler-ft-bonnie-raitt-wherever-i-go-2019-09-25-msg-ny-ny

Nice sound! Did you record more songs of the concerts? Would love to hear it  :)

Yes, the whole show, but didn't get around to editing it yet. I haven't even sat down and listened to the whole show. Soundboard should be out soon.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.